Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    This thread is just like CNN / NBC / CBS / Huffington Post: Fake news.

They will never do a return of the lich king expansion. Its more likely to be a south seas / olds gods expansion next.
    Good fucking god does your politics trolling ever end?

And your source of news is.... Trumps official twitter, right?

Anyway, OT: I'm still hoping for this sort of expansion, but I'll wait until somethings officially announced at this point.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If they LK ever returns as a villain, then it better be Bolvar. The DK class hall chain has hinted at the fact he has many plans. Going as far as telling the Deathlord that if he fails and dies then Bolvar will take over the DK class hall and working towards those goals.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lich King expansion made casuals relevant. Do you we really need a new wave of that ?

Quote Originally Posted by DeadSwordz View Post
    my god you're right. lets go visit legion.com and warlordsofdraenor.com and all the other sites wow has
    To be fair, the second one (warlordsofdraenor.com) does redirect to http://us.battle.net/wow/en/warlords-of-draenor/ and tell you to buy WoD :P
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by M5290 View Post
    Lich King expansion made casuals relevant. Do you we really need a new wave of that ?
    WotLK was also the last time we had good class design, fun talent trees, a semi-coherent story, and the feeling of a "world" in WoW. The game has gone so far off the rails that, yeah, I'll bite the casual bullet any time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardac View Post
    If they LK ever returns as a villain, then it better be Bolvar. The DK class hall chain has hinted at the fact he has many plans. Going as far as telling the Deathlord that if he fails and dies then Bolvar will take over the DK class hall and working towards those goals.
    Despite the fact that this leak probably isn't true (As much as I want playable Vrykul and a Necromancer class), I do think there's a case to be made for WotLK 2 as our next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    It's most likely a hearthstone expansion imho.
    Refer to this in a short while. They probably don't even have a name for the next WoW expansion yet.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    https://www.pcgamesn.com/hearthstone...king-expansion

Card backs hint at Lich King, The Q3 expansion hints at Lich King themed. At one point a hearthstone developer even joked about doing The Lich King vs Battle pets for a hearthstone expansion. Ungoro.com is the website for the last expansion to hearthstone and is certainly trademarked. Of course the Lich King can return because he "exists" in the lore for Hearthstone and is "somewhere". So he can very well return from that "somewhere".

Your own title doesn't make sense based on your own logic. Because they wouldn't be Siege Icecrown Citadel raid since we already defeated it and have been there. It would have to be called Return to Icecrown. Seriously use your own logic when putting forth your own claims. It helps the discussion move along from silly things.
    The evidence is actually really weak:

1) Sunwell and Dalaran are links to Arthas? Seriously? One being the center of high elf civilization, one being the center of mage civilaztion, and they point to Arthas because he visited them during his journey? Arthas visited most of "relevant" places at some point...

2) The runes might seem DK-esque for a novice... but they're not. I played Death Knight for many years, and these runes don't look DK-style to me at all. Not a single symbol appears there that is also present at Death and Decay circle. On the other hand...

The color of the runes is exactly the same as Malygos runes in Eye of Eternity. The style of runes matches them too. In other arcane runes (check for example http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...vember/rop.jpg ) we can find nearly the exact same symbols.

And this is MORE logical than Arthas with "card backs spoiler", as both Sunwell and Dalaran are known for its use of arcane - Sunwell being font of pure arcane power and Dalaran being the city of mages.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Return of the Lich King had a page for it registered months ago, in February, how was this overlooked?

https://www.whois.com/whois/returnofthelichking.com
    because the hearthstone expansion?
    you do know there is a hearthstone expansion coming to do with ICC right?

- - - Updated - - -

They wouldn't trademark a Hearthstone expansion and make a website for it. And they wouldn't call it Return of the Lich King. That name makes only sense for a World of Warcraft expansion. Because in Hearthstone the Lich King has never appeared, so he can't return. If there is gonna be a Lich King related thing in Hearthstone, it would just be based on the Icecrown Citadel raid. They'd probably call it "Siege of Icecrown Citadel" or something.
    yes they would
    they have done that for every expansion before
    what the fuck are you talking about?

do you really think wow would have
    return of the lich king
    wrath of the lich king

you have to remember hearthstone is happening in wow lore, you are playing on a board, so the designers of hearthstone in wow having us "return to icecrown" makes sense
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Never happening. Why would they bring back aspects of possibly their most successful expansion yet? Who are we kidding?

Blizzard will introduce the South Seas expansion with penguin playable race

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    WotLK was also the last time we had good class design, fun talent trees, a semi-coherent story, and the feeling of a "world" in WoW. The game has gone so far off the rails that, yeah, I'll bite the casual bullet any time.

Despite the fact that this leak probably isn't true (As much as I want playable Vrykul and a Necromancer class), I do think there's a case to be made for WotLK 2 as our next expansion.
    How was the talent tree fun? You literally went for what the theorycrafters said and didn't look at it again.... how is cookie cutter fun?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by imunreal View Post
    How was the talent tree fun? You literally went for what the theorycrafters said and didn't look at it again.... how is cookie cutter fun?
    Expansive, added class utility and flavor, etc. Oh, and for the record, during 3.3 there were ~3-4 different Unholy builds. Nowadays our talents are just as cookie cutter. There's absolutely no choice. X does best on Y fight and should be taken. It's just tedious now that we can't switch between fights without wasting gold. I'm really glad we have these choices that we look at and interact with constantly. I also love the fact that I have to have multiple unused hotkeys now, thanks to talents on the same row doing different things!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want to sound too negative about expansions in general but...: in this "leak" there is way too many changes for it to be even remotely realistic. I don't think they'd do a new hero class, new races for both factions, revamp of all old zones and all that. It just already sounds so fake.

Nice try though, lol.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    I agree. They seem to be building up a lot of future villains in our current class halls but not all will or should be crammed into the next expan.

I'd love to be able to play a Vrykul and necro but I doubt we will get another cloth wearer before we get a 3rd mail class.

The "leaked expansion" details have a ton of stuff in it that I cant see blizzard doing. While I dont doubt they have notes somewhere on the next expansion I doubt it will ever be leaked to reddit.

They wouldn't trademark a Hearthstone expansion and make a website for it. And they wouldn't call it Return of the Lich King. That name makes only sense for a World of Warcraft expansion. Because in Hearthstone the Lich King has never appeared, so he can't return. If there is gonna be a Lich King related thing in Hearthstone, it would just be based on the Icecrown Citadel raid. They'd probably call it "Siege of Icecrown Citadel" or something.
    I see you have already been proven wrong, but I still wanted to call you out for being so very wrong because you are blinded by your bias.

Alexstrasza on chromie's scenario says that undead attacks against the ruby dragons are on the rise lately , maybe thats a hint?

I think lichking is still an open case , we havent completely deal with him so a new expansion for him would still make some sense but there is no way i can accept arthas return , HE IS DEAD , it would make zero sense to bring him back but i still think its possible for ex. when we kill sargeras he says something *lichking our tool will finish what we started and sends some magic energies to him to bring him back* like archimonde did to guldan at the end of wod.
    Last edited by Vampiregenesis; 2017-06-17 at 11:22 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    Alexstrasza on chromie's scenario says that undead attacks against the ruby dragons are on the rise lately , maybe thats a hint? I think lichking is still an open case , we havent completely deal with him so a new expansion for him would still make some sense but there is no way i can accept arthas return , HE IS DEAD , it would make zero sense to bring him back.
    What? What do you mean he's dead... he's been in Northrend since the end of WCIII: TFT?

Quote Originally Posted by FunctionalSTR View Post
    What? What do you mean he's dead... he's been in Northrend since the end of WCIII: TFT?
    Ehm , we killed him at wotlk.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ehm , we killed him at wotlk.
    dont just dont, this is one of the people who try to say "nothing in wow is cannon, i only accept the warcraft games as cannon"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Alexstrasza on chromie's scenario says that undead attacks against the ruby dragons are on the rise lately , maybe thats a hint?

I think lichking is still an open case , we havent completely deal with him so a new expansion for him would still make some sense but there is no way i can accept arthas return , HE IS DEAD , it would make zero sense to bring him back but i still think its possible for ex. when we kill sargeras he says something *lichking our tool will finish what we started and sends some magic energies to him to bring him back* like archimonde did to guldan at the end of wod.
    You should play the DK class campaigns, they will give you some insight, like Bolvar mentioning that "the helm has shown him a vision of" this or that. Either Nerzuhl is still inside the Helm or some other entity is influencing him. There were even remnants of Arthas left in the Shards of Frostmourne, for all we know Arthas bound part of himself to the Frozen Throne and uses it as his horc.. phylactery I mean.

Either way, they have written Bolvar into a corner where he is a ticking bomb waiting to blow up on Azeroth once again. That is probably the most plausible part of the wannabe leak.