Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    [...] but stop ruining normal casual BGs with this "gear doesnt matter" nonsense.
    Wait, why are BGs ruined by taking gear out of the equation? I thought that was what everyone wanted? Fair, skill-based PvP?

Quote Originally Posted by reauxmont View Post
    Wait, why are BGs ruined by taking gear out of the equation? I thought that was what everyone wanted? Fair, skill-based PvP?
    Character progression has been played up fairly big in the past few expansions when it comes to PVE while PVP has gone the other direction. There are those who also do not want fair.

I can't believe this. Brian Holinka has been a blessing for the PvP community and you're happy he's gone? What is wrong with you?

And gone WHERE exactly?

I'm sure he's going to contribute a lot to the new MMO blizzard is developing in secret but WoW still needs some attention. WoW might die before the new MMO is ready to be released !

great news!
    too bad he left pvp side of game in ruins...

I'm so excited he finally got fired. Not that I care about PvP much, still good move. Ion Holocaustaz should be next.

10+ Year Old Account
    StarCraft MMO?

I think that would actually be something cool.

PvP is the best it's ever been. Gear is no longer the focus, just skill. The ladder has all classes and specs on it at a high level. Cup tournaments showed many different comps.

What's wrong with PvP? (and I mean Arena)

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    I'm so excited he finally got fired. Not that I care about PvP much, still good move. Ion Holocaustaz should be next.
    He didn't get fired. Just moved to another team within Blizzard

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by relaxok View Post
    PvP is the best it's ever been. Gear is no longer the focus, just skill. The ladder has all classes and specs on it at a high level. Cup tournaments showed many different comps.

It's boring?

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Finally. Get the hell off, maybe it's finally time to return to PvPing if it's returned to previous glory, no more template crap and normalized gear.
    Yes let's return to the days of "if you joined more than q month late enjoyed being 1 shot by talentless players who can only do damage cause of gear crutch. Pvp should always be skill based with gear making absolutely zero difference in outcome

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by relaxok View Post

It is very boring...

15+ Year Old Account
    i wonder why he said he learned alot from "the women and men"....thats a weird way of putting it. Trying to be super pc or something?

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    Character progression has been played up fairly big in the past few expansions when it comes to PVE while PVP has gone the other direction. There are those who also do not want fair.
    It's only a matter of how many people are unhappy with it. There are people happy about gearless PvP (GW2 comes to mind), but surely, some people would be happy to see the vanilla honor system reinstated.

Quote Originally Posted by zupf View Post
    It's boring?
    And why is that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Yes let's return to the days of "if you joined more than q month late enjoyed being 1 shot by talentless players who can only do damage cause of gear crutch. Pvp should always be skill based with gear making absolutely zero difference in outcome
    I wonder why they didn't go with that system then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally hes gone

Quote Originally Posted by reauxmont View Post
    And why is that?
    because classes are boring as fuck to play

which is nothing to do with Holinka

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    i wonder why he said he learned alot from "the women and men"....thats a weird way of putting it. Trying to be super pc or something?
    Well the order shouldn't matter, the fact you pick up on it means you feel it sounds weird, meaning there is still work to do for us woman out there.

no idea why theres so much hate, pvp is great fun atm.. best of luck Holinka

I think the main reason holinka receives so much dislike is he has over the years built up a reputation especially through his twitter of being very aloof from the pvp community, over the years if he bothers responding it was usually to insult someone rather then explain his teams reasoning.

He also has fallen to many examples of seeming to be unaware of problems the pvp design is headed to, despite much feedback, even if after a long while it was eventually fixed

While leading he has presided over many unpopular things on the pvp side of things, mainly as it appears the pvp teams main goal was to encourage the pve player base to pvp at the cost of those already enjoying pvp, which is always a very risky strategy. Exammples of this are things like Ashran, a bg that was i feel fair to say universally hated. In legion we went from everyone who regularly pvp'd having the exact same gear in wod to legion, where there is no pvp gear only pve and no one at all has the same gear, i still am confused how some feel this is better. Then we have the template system, which is really needs to be explained a lot better by blizzard as it confuses new players. And then holinka's defending of world pvp not using the same template system that is used in instanced pvp, because according to him its more fun if its unbalanced, despite feedback from the pvp player base they dislike it. Gone are the days of being able to practice in a duel between a arena or bg, you can't because holinka said its more fun this way.

There are more examples, but generally i feel these are some of the reasons people are not to sad to see him move on.

Woooo! He is gone!
    Lets f**k up another game!