Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    Honestly because of transmog, mounts and pets, it makes old raids usable content for the playerbase. Ideally we should be incentivized to stick to current level content, but I don't have a problem with it. I love going back and pwning raids i struggled in when they were current.
    Along with that, its nice to go at your own pace and really take in the environment; you don't really get a chance to do that in a group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    Honestly because of transmog, mounts and pets, it makes old raids usable content for the playerbase. Ideally we should be incentivized to stick to current level content, but I don't have a problem with it. I love going back and pwning raids i struggled in when they were current.
    I was completely disagreeing with them by the way.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

I use to just kill some eggs as i ran him to the platform I was on, and stuck him in the corner. The adds would run up to him, but aggro to me leaving him alone. Once there were 40 adds out (Hard cap) they would stop spawning, and I'd go kill the remaining eggs. This does just speed things up, as I had to wait out 2 MC cycles.

kind of an unnecessary change.. Razorgore was easy as shit to solo like 7-8 years ago lol

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    This change is 100% negative. Old raids should not be accessible when you outlevel them. People who wants transmog should earn them and not solo a raid...
    Yeah, and level 1-109 should get no loot drops cause they aren't 110 right? /s

You realize Legion added achievements for collecting sets and transmogs and a whole Set and transmog interface?

Blizz also implemented battle pet drops with achievements, and the legacy damage buff...

40 level 60 are like equal to 100+ level 60 now anyway in power, considering their scaling and about half the boss' original health.

I saw a video made in 2015 of 10 man Nefarian, everyone had 10-15k hp, 1000 dps and the boss had 1 million hp, down from 2. Video is still on youtube.

Like really , I got a level 60 mage on a backwater server from years ago, and it's got 4000 hp NAKED.

I entered MC the 1st time on a mage (not the same one as above) with like 1900 buffed in some greens and glass-cannon frost-spell damage gear back in 2005.

4000 unbuffed wasn't reached until Naxx or Rank 13.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-06-15 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by prinnybomb View Post
    omg cry me a river

soloing old raids for fun / transmog is a part of the game. so why not "fix" a boss what took 1min of a dev time. change casttime from x to 0, test it once and its done. where is your problem
    The amount of time they took to fix that they could have fixed actual problems in the current content version of the game that people have reported for months.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    The amount of time they took to fix that they could have fixed actual problems in the current content version of the game that people have reported for months.
    thats not how it works.

Not being funny but working out how to solo Razorgore was one of the few aspects of soloing old raids that wasn't just walk in and watch everything die in moments.

Taking that away *is* unnecessary, and has an impact on the "fun" of soloing old raids. If you knew how to do it it hardly wasted that much of your time and christ farming old raids for transmog gear is meant to be something of a timesink *anyway*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    When mind-controlling Razorgore, destroying eggs is now instant. I just destroyed all 30 eggs before half his first channel was used up. Makes this fight speed up significantly and you no longer run the risk of Razorgore dying because you're unlucky.

It's not in the patchnotes, so perhaps there's some more quality of life changes.
    Damn. Kept going back for years to get my T2 and now they make it easy?

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    This is the lowest tier degenerate shit posting I've seen on this site in years. Bravo.
    Hahaha, this is probably the best comment I ever read on MMO-C!

Next up is cutting all the RP and giving us baseline 200% speed in old raids.

Quote Originally Posted by f4ncybear View Post
    Next up is cutting all the RP and giving us baseline 200% speed in old raids.
    I wouldn't mind a little less RP in ICC to be honest. Or at the very least make the conversation with Jaina/Varian stop when I enter the citadel.

Another undocumented change I noticed is old raids being on personal loot. I was doing Mythic SoO for mount run and only one piece of loot is dropping, no gold. No option to change the loot type either.

EDIT: Seems to be a bug in that personal is default. had to make a group and change loot setting. Gonna be dumb if this happens every time I run an old raid.
    Last edited by meroko; 2017-06-16 at 01:45 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah let's cater to people soloing old raids...

This game is getting worse with every patch.
    Excellent troll statement
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Yeah yknow having an intern change a cast time value and test it took all of 10 minutes what the fuck blizzard slap in the face

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaar View Post
    I wouldn't mind a little less RP in ICC to be honest. Or at the very least make the conversation with Jaina/Varian stop when I enter the citadel.
    In Dragon Soul too...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    kind of an unnecessary change.. Razorgore was easy as shit to solo like 7-8 years ago lol
    that doesn't make sense. sure you could solo it before, but this is a QoL change, so you dont have to take as long to do it now. the place is just a farm instance for people now, so this just helps makes it a little bit easier. so the change is a good thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah let's cater to people soloing old raids...

This game is getting worse with every patch.
    The raid is 12 years old, shut the fuck up lmfao.

also the fight was aids to solo, it's shocking that they didn't make the change prior to now

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    Have you been visiting blackwing lair recently?
    Some time in legion the encounter changed (bug or not) and you got killed very quickly unless you used a special cheese strategy (run into the wall until the max. amount of adds spawned and had aggro on your channeling character). That wasn't fun at all, nor was it hard. It was just a PITA.

If they changed it back to the way it worked before legion, fine with me. But the state the encounter was in recently, there was something wrong with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    Yeah yknow having an intern change a cast time value and test it took all of 10 minutes what the fuck blizzard slap in the face
    Except it doesn't. If that were the case, the other bugs in game would take even less time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    Have you been visiting blackwing lair recently?
    Some time in legion the encounter changed (bug or not) and you got killed very quickly unless you used a special cheese strategy (run into the wall until the max. amount of adds spawned and had aggro on your channeling character). That wasn't fun at all, nor was it hard. It was just a PITA.

If they changed it back to the way it worked before legion, fine with me. But the state the encounter was in recently, there was something wrong with it.
    BS. I've done it since legion. All you had to do was break the channel every so often and clean up adds without killing him. It took all of 2 seconds. That's also assuming you don't have a way to agro while channeling like having your hp low to start the encounter and let some sort of hp regen agro.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by prinnybomb View Post
    thats not how it works.
    Actually it is how it works. This was more than likely done by "bug" fixers.