Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    The weirdest part about that photo is it suggests American restaurants have extra large utensils.
    Could you imagine Donald Trump trying to eat with a knife and fork that size? Would be hilarious to watch.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    A person is not too fat unless they cant wipe their ass anymore or need to walk down a hallway sideways
    Another gem for the "stupid things Orlong says" archive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    It's so we look hot and have sex without shame whenever and with whoever
    Don't lie! It's the tiny houses!
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Havent been to any in Europe, but I watch a lot of TV and have seen many shows where they visit European restaurants (not fictional shows and movies. I mean shows on Food Network, Travel Channel and Cooking Channel). And rarely do they show any restaurants with normal portions (with the exception of an occasional sausage house). Id love to visit but I cannot sit on a plane for 20 hours. Id go insane. And youll never see a European restaurant on an episode of Ginormous Food:

I just facepalmed so hard i might have created another universe.

Deleted
    That american plate is the reason your country is know for having the most heavy population weight-wise in the world. i mean...i have never ever satin a restaurant, ate and said.....fuck...that wasn't enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    My buddy Dave..without even stopping to take a drink. He is astounding to watch eat. And he isn't giant either. Big, but not giant.
    That must be crazy to watch. I'd think most people would get physically sick after eating that much, at least I know that I would.
    "How many eyes does Lord Bloodraven have? A thousand eyes, and one."

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Less than 5€ in eastern europe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't speak for the rest of Europe, but in the Netherlands when you go out for dinner to a regular restaurant (regardless of cuisine, excluding really fancy places), you're most likely going to order a starter, main and dessert. The size of your dishes reflect those 3 courses. Starter will be €5-10, main €15-25 en dessert €5-10 in 90% of those restaurants (and yeah, most of them will have something really expensive/exclusive on the menu too). Add 3 drinks and you're probably looking at averaging around €45 per person. And no, you don't go home hungry.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Keep in mind, America also wastes enough food per year to feed america many times over. Those large portions often have 1/2 thrown away. America also has an obesity issue. When I look at Europeans, I see more people who are thin than obese. I'd say the portion sizes are a part of why that is.

If anything, European sizes don't need to increase, the price needs to be reduced.
    when i went to europe, the restaurants served good portions of food, and it was fucking delicious. but yeah, it's a bit pricey to eat there (8 euros for a personal pizza, like wtf)
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    Maybe the problem is not the portion size, but the fact that you guys are used to eating more?
    Just what are you implying here? I'm growing tired of your little snide insults

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    That America has an obesity epidemic partly due to lack of portion control... I mean you can be offended but it is a factual comment, America has an unhealthy attitude towards food

That America has an obesity epidemic partly due to lack of portion control... I mean you can be offended but it is a factual comment, America has an unhealthy attitude towards food
    Fat shaming !

Isn't Britain like #2?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Isn't Britain like #2?
    Last I read we're 43

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post

I'm implying that maybe the problem isn't with European restaaurants, but with the amount Americans are used to eat. I'm sorry if I have insulted you, this was not my intention. Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    I'm implying that maybe the problem isn't with European restaaurants, but with the amount Americans are used to eat. I'm sorry if I have insulted you, this was not my intention. Peace.
    It's fine. It's not like I'm fat or something..

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    No. You are to fat already. For europeans, eating out is an experience to be enjoyed, not a chance to stuff your face for cheap. There are places to do so, btw, if you want to. But just because americans grossly overindulge on calories does not mean we have to support your fucked up customs here, at the center of the civilized world. If you want tons of cheap food, stay home.
    There are plenty of places serving good healthy food in the same kind of portions. Good food doesn't mean tiny meals.
    Also here's a very funny concept: no one is forcing you to eat beyond your limits, you stop when you want.

I live in Canada, restaurant meals aren't as huge as in the US, but it's not as tiny as the European restaurants, you definitely don't feel scammed and don't leave hungry.

Last I read we're 43
    The US is the worst on this front, but don't kid yourself, the UK has a bunch of fat fucks too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I'm not sure I buy the OP's graphic. I was doing a tour around the UK last year and didn't notice much of a difference in portions in the UK as opposed to the US. I suppose it depends on restaurant-choice and other factors, but every meal I was served was quite sufficient to feel sated. I did notice a bit of difference between London and the rest - not really in terms of portion size but definitely in terms of price.

Breakfast in the UK is a marvel, I will say - definitely on par with Southern breakfasts in the US. They aren't much for pancakes or waffles as it was more a continual barrage of fried potatoes, eggs, sausage, and (curiously) fried tomatoes.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

Yeah, in a lot of countries this refrigerator would be a restaurant's refrigerator, in the US it's a household refrigerator.
    Half of the freezer part is a normal fridge here ( i would even call that big and enough for 4 people ).

Quote Originally Posted by Glaziola View Post
    Less than 5€ in eastern europe.
    Cevapcici is life !
    Last edited by Miyagie; 2017-06-16 at 05:39 PM.