10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry Bioware but you know? Fuk off, i am not intrested.

Bioware definetly have no idea how to make Multiplayer games... As far i loved ME3 MP and saddens me still is no longer supported, DA:I multiplayer was an huge failure.

Also sacrificing ME:A for this? Pfft...

Drew karpyshyn is working on anthem, he was the lead writer of mass effect 1/2. So really people can stop being wary now.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Sorry Bioware but you know? Fuk off, i am not intrested.

Bioware definetly have no idea how to make Multiplayer games... As far i loved ME3 MP and saddens me still is no longer supported, DA:I multiplayer was an huge failure.

Also sacrificing ME:A for this? Pfft...
    ME:A sacrificed on EA's altar for Anthem to be born?

Anyway, I kinda lost hope in Bioware. And I guess I want a... classical rpg. Not this Anthem stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    ITT: People who dislike Bioware in a thread to discuss their new game. Guess if there is nothing positive to say about it, we should just close the thread?
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Despite my earlier grievance, I'll give this game a chance. It certainly looks nice in what it does in the trailer (simulated player chat aside). Iron Man suits seem kind of fun.

Off-topic question : Anyone who has an external drive on the ps4, does it work like the internal? So I plug it in, download games on the external instead of internal, and it shows up on the home screen and can just start the game and thats it? Or is the external for backup purposes only?
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    ITT: People who dislike Bioware in a thread to discuss their new game. Guess if there is nothing positive to say about it, we should just close the thread?
    People being screptical, the ultimate affront to fanboys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    People being screptical, the ultimate affront to fanboys.
    I'm skeptical too, but I won't just write it off. Nor come to a thread to discuss solely to trash talk it.

I'm not yet sold on the game until I see more details, but from what I saw, it looks beautiful. Just need to know more about objectives, story, and gameplay before I am totally sold.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

If everyone approached games like that, we'd have a lot more good games and a lot less rushed garbage. All of these "It's Bioware?! I'm sold! SO HYPE!" when all they've shown you is a heavily scripted PR video is part of the reason companies get away with so much. Be optimistic and hopeful, but always demand to see the finished goods before committing money to them. You deserve 100% of a game, not 80% with 3% patch fixes after that.

To add a comment about the PV shown: I hope they work on the flight model. It seemed way more like it worked like WoW mounts where there is no momentum. Adding some mass/momentum to flying around would really sell the look and feel of being in a mech suit.
    Last edited by stellvia; 2017-06-15 at 09:35 PM.

I don't know why people complain about the demo being scripted. It a f'in demo of course it is supposed to be scripted. How can you have a demo that isn't? Confounds me.

That being said this game isn't my normal cup of tea so I might be passing this one up but I will keep an eye on it because it is Bioware. Graphics look superb but I'll believe it when I see it. Then of course graphics are not everything.

It kind of feels like the guys working on Andromeda were shifted over to Anthem. And honestly.... I'm ok with it. Andromeda did not have a likable crew and the story was not easy to get through at times. After we kind of nuke the galaxy at the end of 3 I didn't see a point in revisiting the Mass Effect Universe. I'm sad to see the IP dieing like it is, but I'm really hopeful that Anthem delivers an amazing SciFi game that is able to work past all of the issues Mass Effect had during it's run. They clearly have the ability to produce great facial animations and Bioware knows how to give us an engaging story... So I'm somewhat hopeful since this game is one Bioware kind of needs to nail a homerun on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Okay...waiting for some info because a 1 minute teaser doesn't do shit for me.
    Meh.. I loved ME 1-3, also all the Dragon Age games so far but mass Effect Andromeda was awful, buggy and low quality. Not really something youd expect from Bioware so I dont know.. guess well see.

Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    Off-topic question : Anyone who has an external drive on the ps4, does it work like the internal? So I plug it in, download games on the external instead of internal, and it shows up on the home screen and can just start the game and thats it? Or is the external for backup purposes only?
    after recent system update - it just works like regular space. you might want to adjust your settings so that all the games are installed onto external harddrive automatically (its also possible to move them - took me forever, so I just make sure they go directly to that harddrive from the start) and then you just play them as normal - yes they show up on your home screen/library etc. took them a while to implement this much needed feature, but better late then never, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revik View Post
    I don't know why people complain about the demo being scripted. It a f'in demo of course it is supposed to be scripted. How can you have a demo that isn't? Confounds me.

That being said this game isn't my normal cup of tea so I might be passing this one up but I will keep an eye on it because it is Bioware. Graphics look superb but I'll believe it when I see it. Then of course graphics are not everything.
    I mean I don't have a problem with a demo being scripted (in terms of what is shown, how its shown, when its shown, etc...), as you say it has to be.

I just have a problem with the voice overs and "players"... Why can't they just have a narrator describe the game over the gameplay? Fake enthusiasm, especially when its meant to sell a product, is just so disingenuous and cringe inducing. Really detracts from the presentation, in my opinion.

Stuff like this:

Hearing the "player" actors during these kinds of demos is, to me, exactly the same as the above kind of press conference and just as bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Drew karpyshyn is working on anthem, he was the lead writer of mass effect 1/2. So really people can stop being wary now.
    Even if Drew work on Anthem will not change the negative opinions toward Bioware and EA. Dream still.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Even if Drew work on Anthem will not change the negative opinions toward Bioware and EA. Dream still.
    M. Night Shamalamdingdong was once hailed as the genius in a new generation of directors, today he is a meme. A person's accomplishments, while looking good on your CV, are in no way a guarantee for continued success. Making lightning strike twice is already rare, having it happen over and over again is even rarer. That is also completely ignoring the capacity for story in games being nowhere near the same for different types of games. If the game focuses heavily on open world exploration and large battle zones then that lends itself worse to telling a great story than a game with the more classival approach for RPG settings. It's not impossible, it will just be harder, we will see - I just wouldn't call it a safe bet yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Jesus fuck... what the actual fuck did I just watch ?

Dude, they had the cringiest show ever. It was bloody hilarious to watch it unfold in real-time years back, I was working for a company that repped one of their competitors and even though most of us weren't on that team specifically, we all quickly packed into conference rooms to watch it and eat popcorn. It was truly incredible.

Interesting video from Digital Foundry talking about how they think the demo shown at E3 really was running on the Xbox One X:

Just thought I'd post this since I've seen some people talking about how they think the demo could have only been running on an ultra high end gaming PC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    Seems like Destiny competition.

Holding my breath for the visual downgrade, what we saw was graphically impressive. There's no way that makes it to consoles.
    Problem is theres no PvP in this. So no not really competition.

Thing is, if they're using checkerboarding, its still not truly running at 4K then.