Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by TranquilDream View Post
    Anything you could recommend to someone that gags at the smell of curry? I've tried Indian food a couple of times before, and so far the only thing I've found that doesn't make me strongly consider spitting it back up is naan.

I know not all Indian dishes are curry based, but even the ones without curry had something in them that was extremely displeasing to me. Everything looks like a soupy mess and tastes like a spice rack full of random stuff fell into the pot.

I'm willing to give Indian another chance, but I can't just go in blind this time.
    You might just not be a fan of the Indian palate.

Try dhal maybe? It's fairly mild.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Would definitely recommend Balut, it's amazing in every way, as long as you can stomach (heh) the ick factor of how it looks, especially if you're squeemish and only used to seeing food animals without any reminder they were an animal

Curry is also definitely a must, a lot of the things they call curry are toned down for palates less sensitive to spice than Americans, genuine Indian curry will destroy you and you'll love it.

Would also recommend just about every type of organ meat, once again, once you get past the ick factor, well made liver/tongue/stomach is amazing, haggis is legit, again, if you can find good haggis, a lot of organ meat is individual quality.

On that note: I'm an Asian cuisine freak, this has given me a few ideas of stuff to look for next time, but anyone else have any suggestions? Preferably Chinese/Japanese stuff that are a bit more interesting than the stuff you'd find at a local habachi grill or takeout.
    Last edited by Veluren; 2017-06-16 at 08:36 AM.

Rømmegrøt (I don't if it's Norwegian)
    Boiled cow tongue
    Whale liver
    Boiled cod with boiled potatoes
    Brown sauce. Most Norwegian dishes are complete with boiled potatoes and brown sauce

Bulgarian food <3 ALL OF IT

Can't stand Asian food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    from that listen only Frikandel, nasi schijf, bami bal, Erwtensoep, Bossche Bol and poffertjes are noteworthy, the rest is just either stolen from other people or extremely niched (like Drop, its hilarious to see foreigners try and munch it down^^) or downright dirty/untasty... hello Stampot!

Btw i will not tell what goes into Bitterballen, Kroket and Frikandel, you would lose your appetite faster then you like (its still lovely, specially good Frikandel)
    Yeah on loosing you appetite for those things.
    But dude....he said what kind of local food. He said nothing about it needing to be pure local food...

Deleted
    Frikandel speciaal

Bitterballen

Broodje kroket

Worstenbroodje

Erwtensoep aka Snert

Stroopwafels

Hutspot

Haring

Just to name a few

10+ Year Old Account
    Lutefisk. Everyone should try it once!

10+ Year Old Account
    Bliny, piroshki, borsch, kurma chicken, pizza, fegatini, cacciucco, granita, arancini, Florence steak, pappardelle al cinghiale...

7+ Year Old Account
    I would recommend bliny. I like those much, with fish or meat are also good.

I would like to try real german national food. Dont know why, im sure its great.

My gf is Filipino and she makes some of the most addicting pancit. It's like a chinese chicken with noodles dish, but even better. She also does a dry chicken adobo, which are chicken legs and thighs marinated in a soy sauce/vinegar based sauce, then fried. Serve with garlic rice, and it's just so good.

Deleted
    From Scotland, I can recommend Haggis. Once you get past what's in it, it's probably the most flavourful British food (Granted, not a high bar). I've so far converted 4 people to the Haggis religion. Black Pudding is also technically superfood, even if I dislike that name. Another thing that is addictive as hell is Pork and Pickle Pies.

I had a very interesting Peruvian dish once, which was mashed potatoes over meatloaf, or something like that, served cold. It definitely left me wanting for more. Another cold dish I recommend is Vitello Tonnato, which is an Italian dish of beef steak in a cold Tuna sauce, and it's absolutely delicious. Golabki, sarmi or sarmale, regardless of how you call them, which is rice and mince meat, wrapped in pickled cabbage, is also an amazing food from Central and Eastern Europe.

I'm always hesitant when I hear "foreign food".

10+ Year Old Account
    Jagerschnitzel. Goddamn I love me some schnitzel.

I'm an American by the way. My family is a quarter German but both my mother's and father's sides have been in the US since the 1840s so I doubt that has anything to do with it.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Genadius View Post
    From Scotland, I can recommend Haggis. Once you get past what's in it, it's probably the most flavourful British food.
    Bloody love haggis: every time I try it I am taken back to a canalside restaurant in Fort Augustus where I tried it for the very first time.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Rødgrød med fløde, a pudding and summer berry mix (Also virtually impossible to pronounce for foreigners)
    You mean for native speakers of English.

not sure what it's called in English but direct translation would be Cole Pudding. it's delicious!
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post

not sure what it's called in English but direct translation would be Cole Pudding. it's delicious!
    Hmm, what's that? That looks quite similar to what I mentioned earlier - that looks like mince and rice, covered in picked cabbage, then baked - where's that from? Actually curious.

EDIT: Actually was interested enough to check, wasn't expecting Sweden to have that. I might actually make some of that, since I can't roll sarmi for shit!

Quote Originally Posted by Genadius View Post
    Hmm, what's that? That looks quite similar to what I mentioned earlier - that looks like mince and rice, covered in picked cabbage, then baked - where's that from? Actually curious.

EDIT: Actually was interested enough to check, wasn't expecting Sweden to have that. I might actually make some of that, since I can't roll sarmi for shit!
    not sure about it's origin.. it's called Kålpudding in Sweden.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.