Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hear lots of people spouting about how evga is the best all the time. They usually give reasons like "my friend had one and when it broke they replaced it with a free upgrade!"

LOL. Wouldn't you rather have one that won't die in the first place?

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo6912 View Post
    I hear lots of people spouting about how evga is the best all the time. They usually give reasons like "my friend had one and when it broke they replaced it with a free upgrade!"

LOL. Wouldn't you rather have one that won't die in the first place?
    Oh, I have had 2 that have not yet died.

Far out-lasting the other three that I've had...

Sit down.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    How did you know I was standing?!

I honestly hear more stories about evga gpus dying than any other brand. It's probably because people want to tell their stories about how good evga customer support is though.

My buddies evga 580 just died. They hooked him up with a 960 long after warranty was over. I think he had the lifetime insurance thing they offer though. 580 was a very hot card too, couldn't have lasted long.

If were sharing personal stories, I've never had a evga gpu and also never had a gpu die, ever.
    Last edited by mojo6912; 2017-06-14 at 04:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by globenstine View Post
    dont buy EVGA . get MSI or GIGABYTE.
    For nVidia graphics cards Zotac is simply the best.
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)

15+ Year Old Account
    I would love to see the dust that was in that pc.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    Furthermore their warranty and support is amazing.

I got a card of amazon, shipped it to zambia where it died in a coolermaster elite 120 which may have been my fault because honestly that case is not good for high end components.

They still replaced it.
    Also had an overused 570 gtx burn on me, was still on a 3 years warranty, got a 760 which is sligthly better in term of spec, run silently and have heat dissipation, and if UPS didnt fuck up on shipping (when i sent it back) i would have gotten it in 2 days, which is a miracle in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Amalaric View Post
    For nVidia graphics cards Zotac is simply the best.
    I hope that's sarcasm.
    Last edited by DaGhostDS; 2017-06-14 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaGhostDS View Post
    I would love to see the dust that was in that pc.

Also had an overused 570 gtx burn on me, was still on a 3 years warranty, got a 760 which is sligthly better in term of spec, run silently and have heat dissipation, and if UPS didnt fuck up on shipping (when i sent it back) i would have gotten it in 2 days, which is a miracle in Canada.

I hope that's sarcasm.
    Why would it be sarcasm? Zotac makes the best graphics cards.
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)

Quote Originally Posted by globenstine View Post
    GIGABYTE.
    My workplace (a computer store) had to RMA about 8 GTX 10 series cards from Gigabyte last month due to them having Craploads of OIL on the cards from manufacture.

If Nvidia card: EVGA or Asus.

If AMD Card: Sapphire.

/thread period full stop all other choices are bad.
    Till water is gone, Till shade is gone. Into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath. To spit in Sightblinders eye on the last day.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazlehoff View Post
    My workplace (a computer store) had to RMA about 8 GTX 10 series cards from Gigabyte last month due to them having Craploads of OIL on the cards from manufacture.

If Nvidia card: EVGA or Asus.

If AMD Card: Sapphire.

/thread period full stop all other choices are bad.
    You really crank me up with all your Gigabyte hate.

ALL brands have ups and downs. Just look at how many problems that Asus have had with there z270 boards and RAM problems and if you look at gfx card history, Zotac is the manufacturer that has had most gfx card problems
    Last edited by pansertjald; 2017-06-16 at 05:55 PM.
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    You really crank me up with all your Gigabyte hate.

ALL brands have ups and downs. Just look at how many problems that Asus have had with there z270 boards and RAM problems and if you look at gfx card history, Evga is the manufacturer that has had most gfx card problems
    I'd like some hard evidence on that.
    "A flower.

all your Gigabyte hate.
    My all of one post. Describing how my work place, a computer store, had to RMA 8 cards cause they were so badly covered in oil we couldnt even test the cards for defect without shorting them out.
    Till water is gone, Till shade is gone. Into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath. To spit in Sightblinders eye on the last day.

had my EVGA 980 for 3-4? years now still kicking ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlehoff View Post
    My all of one post. Describing how my work place, a computer store, had to RMA 8 cards cause they were so badly covered in oil we couldnt even test the cards for defect without shorting them out.
    You realize you can submerge an entire PC in Oil and run it, nothing shorts out:
    https://www.pugetsystems.com/submerged.php

It really depends on the type of oil it was:
    http://www.machinerylubrication.com/...ion-monitoring

Some conduct electricity, some don't. I'd imagine the oil was not the type that conducts electricity. I simply can not imagine them using an oil that does conduct electricity in their manufacturing process. They likely need to use it and maybe the machine that cleans it off was malfunctioning. It happens. That doesn't mean the entire gigabyte line sucks though.

Quote Originally Posted by Amalaric View Post
    Why would it be sarcasm? Zotac makes the best graphics cards.

bought my first Zotac card 1080 TI Amp edition..... at 60c it would crash the display driver so i contacted their support. they asked me to run some basic test at 1080p, yeah ok not even enough to make it break a sweet. So i ran the test at 2k, temps got up it crashed. sent like 5 log files, screen shots of event viewer and settings etc... reply i got from support "ok maybe bad card, take back to retailer if new or send to us for replacement, replacement will be used" I even replied back confirming that they first wanted me to contact the retailer and that they would only send me a used card... once they confirmed it went back and i went with EVGA, quick install and better frame rates. Zotac lost me with bad customer support never have I had a hardware manufacture tell me to go to the retailer for a new or send to them for a used one, and I've been building systems since the mid 90's
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

That's one hungry little bastard aint it

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I'd like some hard evidence on that.
    Sorry it was a typo with Evga. It was ment to be Zotac and aimed at a earlier poster who said that Zotac was the best graphic card manufaturer and a quick google shows that they are really not the best. The best are Evga, Asus, MSI and Gigabyte
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry it was a typo with Evga. It was ment to be Zotac and aimed at a earlier poster who said that Zotac was the best graphic card manufaturer and a quick google shows that they are really not the best. The best are Evga, Asus, MSI and Gigabyte
    Ah! That makes more sense!
    "A flower.

EVGA used to make legit the worst cards on the market, but since they had a good warranty the general public didnt seem to care. In recent years and the popularity of people building their own PC's or EVGA just feeling guilty (they were raking in bucks selling terribly made cheap cards) they decided to up their quality. Their first dual fan card didnt come until the 600 series, and only now are they catching up with MSI/asus/gigabyte in terms of actual cooler quality.

They still have nothing that competes with asus strix/gigabyte xtreme gaming cards, and ICX cards are over engineered cards that cost too much with no real user benefits.

Some of the best made cards of recent memory we cant buy in the states. I have a gtx 465 made by galaxy that has a heatsink with so much copper that alone is heavier than my entire 1060, another awesome company was gainward, they had the best stuff for the LONGEST time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    EVGA used to make legit the worst cards on the market, but since they had a good warranty the general public didnt seem to care. In recent years and the popularity of people building their own PC's or EVGA just feeling guilty (they were raking in bucks selling terribly made cheap cards) they decided to up their quality. Their first dual fan card didnt come until the 600 series, and only now are they catching up with MSI/asus/gigabyte in terms of actual cooler quality.

They still have nothing that competes with asus strix/gigabyte xtreme gaming cards, and ICX cards are over engineered cards that cost too much with no real user benefits.

Some of the best made cards of recent memory we cant buy in the states. I have a gtx 465 made by galaxy that has a heatsink with so much copper that alone is heavier than my entire 1060, another awesome company was gainward, they had the best stuff for the LONGEST time.
    Dude, quit it with the outright lies.

https://www.evga.com/Products/Specs/...3-DC9D7879CE9D

Plus, eVGA were one of the only brands who shipped them with water blocks preinstalled, too, which a lot of these other brands were not always doing.
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Dude, quit it with the outright lies.

https://www.evga.com/Products/Specs/...3-DC9D7879CE9D

Plus, eVGA were one of the only brands who shipped them with water blocks preinstalled, too, which a lot of these other brands were not always doing.
    So one 500 series card had a dual fan cooler lol...ok?

The point is EVGA was seriously skimping on cooler quality for many many years compared to the competition. My last two cards have been evga they are great now, but still not quite on the level of the really high end cards from some companies.

Seriously im not smack talking EVGA its just truth, compare MSI's twin frozrs to what EVGA had at the time it was pretty pathetic. They were in money making mode because they knew their stuff would sell based on the great brand reputation they had, but eventually they had to put up or shutup and they did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    So one 500 series card had a dual fan cooler lol...ok?

The point is EVGA was seriously skimping on cooler quality for many many years compared to the competition. My last two cards have been evga they are great now, but still not quite on the level of the really high end cards from some companies.

Seriously im not smack talking EVGA its just truth, compare MSI's twin frozrs to what EVGA had at the time it was pretty pathetic. They were in money making mode because they knew their stuff would sell based on the great brand reputation they had, but eventually they had to put up or shutup and they did.
    I've had Twin Frozr cards and I think the two FTWs I've had (760 and 970) are both far superior in build quality, actually.
    "A flower.