Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[RET] 7.2.5 BiS Legendaries & Priorities

So besides the new talent ring coming in 7.2.5 there´s also a chest on the PTR:

Scarlet Inquisitor's Expurgation

Basic summary:
    (ilvl 910)
    779 Armor
    +2,382 [Strength or Intellect]
    +3,573 Stamina
    +796 Haste
    +919 Mastery
    Equip: Every 2 sec, gain 6% increased damage to your next Divine Storm, stacking up to 30 times.

So assuming both the ring and the chest make it to live on 7.2.5 which ones would be the BiS legendaries now?

And which ones would be the next best thing if someone has sh*t luck like me? (I still don´t have neither the cloak nor the belt, so yeah)
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Because the random name generator might pump out Lortfanden, which sounds like a pretty generic fantasy Warrior name in English, until you realize it means "Shit Fuck" in Danish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victorya View Post
    WoD is worse than leveling in Hellfire Peninsula in a PvP Server where your faction sucks.

Deleted
    belt, cloack, liadrins still BiS
    ring starts to gain beyond 30% haste and chest only on fights with burst AOE phases

Deleted
    Don't really like the chest. I think the way it works is interesting but we already struggle in single target and our burst AoE can actually be decent without it, so in a raid situation I don't think it will be interesting to lose single target damage by not having another legendary. Even if it result on an increase DPS overall, this DPS may not be really interesting since during those burst phases we will just be "stealing" damages to other players. The adds will probably not die faster, and our boss damage will go down a bit.

So, an increase damage on burst AoE fights, but will it be good for the raid and not only for our parses?

On constant AoE fights, it actually be good because we will be more likely to use DS with 1-2 stacks of the chest buff and with the cloak it can be interesting (if others legendary don't work better in that situation).

15+ Year Old Account
    The chest will be fun to play around with, if nothing else. I'm glad cloak/ring is top for ST above 30% haste, as I've always enjoyed the playstyle of DP.

Quote Originally Posted by CptKnusper View Post
    belt, cloack, liadrins still BiS
    ring starts to gain beyond 30% haste and chest only on fights with burst AOE phases
    HURKA DURKA HURKA DURKA

The ring is best don't listen to this fool.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    HURKA DURKA HURKA DURKA

The ring is best don't listen to this fool.
    silence filthy casual!

more seriously, the ring is not a waste of bag space like the helm but if you have access to the above 3 you won´t use it. Well at least looking at the current status. IF they make more changes then just number tuning we might have to evaluate.

silence filthy casual!

more seriously, the ring is not a waste of bag space like the helm but if you have access to the above 3 you won´t use it. Well at least looking at the current status. IF they make more changes then just number tuning we might have to evaluate.
    I guess common sense isnt applicable to gearing.

Deleted
    I guess common sense isnt applicable to gearing.
    since common sense was banned from class development as well as gear design no it isn´t

silence filthy casual!

I don't care what anyone says, I'm using that ring over whisper. Assuming I'm still playing, anyway.

since common sense was banned from class development as well as gear design no it isn´t
    The lack of common sense the advantages of divine purpose gives that you cant grasp is solely on you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    I don't care what anyone says, I'm using that ring over whisper. Assuming I'm still playing, anyway.
    Solsacra has it equipped. Thats pretty much all you need to know

Got the Soul of the Highlord running with 32% haste, loving every bit of it especially when I'm just pressing finishers.

Deleted
    The lack of common sense the advantages of divine purpose gives that you cant grasp is solely on you.

- - - Updated - - -

sol also said that soul edges out liadrins on high haste values. also relics may have an impact since 3x aw pushes liadrins. would you like me to go on?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxJeng View Post
    Got the Soul of the Highlord running with 32% haste, loving every bit of it especially when I'm just pressing finishers.
    I envy your haste values still have 9% to go -.-

You see gear and rng works in funny ways all the way back as far as tbc. To put it blunt sims dont mean dick compared to the ingame impact of specific stats trinket or item equip mechanics. There are examples every expansion of things being far superior in play vs paper.

If you cant recall these situations you must be really new as fuck to the spec and gearing output theorycraft in general.

Deleted
    You see gear and rng works in funny ways all the way back as far as tbc. To put it blunt sims dont mean dick compared to the ingame impact of specific stats trinket or item equip mechanics. There are examples every expansion of things being far superior in play vs paper.

If you cant recall these situations you must be really new as fuck to the spec and gearing output theorycraft in general.
    1. yes rnd things will occasionally outperform sims who represent a statistical average. there are some individuals who may have consistently above average rng due to a hot night with tyche who knows. Since I do not whore myself out for such advantage I go with statistically better talent

2. often trinkets were had to model for our simcraft wizards but usually they got there eventually. thus simming very close to reality.

3. I properly recall them better than you, since you were high on sniffing your own farts convinced they smelled awesome. you may want to look up this reference...

I do not claim to have been round since launch of the beta servers but I´m in here since mid BC maybe not as an active poster but as a silent reader watching and judging.

Ps.: Please keep your arrogance it was always entertaining and keep me on the forums when this started to get boring.

- - - Updated - - -I

Oh yes, advantages.
    One more instance of praying to false gods of rng. No, thank you.
    Theoretically, this ring could make us stack Crusade insanely fast, but that's about it and I won't let said false gods decide my fate. I will demand a trial by combat.

Regarding Solsacra though, he has zero knowledge about Retribution pvp. That's pretty much all we need to know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    Oh yes, advantages.
    One more instance of praying to false gods of rng. No, thank you.
    Theoretically, this ring could make us stack Crusade insanely fast, but that's about it and I won't let said false gods decide my fate. I will demand a trial by combat.

Regarding Solsacra though, he has zero knowledge about Retribution pvp. That's pretty much all we need to know.
    thats rich of you Storm talking about false gods... after defying the Emperor

thats rich of you Storm talking about false gods... after defying the Emperor
    Children of the Emperor!
    Death to His foes!
    Last edited by Morally Grey Storm; 2017-06-16 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Glitch mob _-_Animus vox

15+ Year Old Account

holy shit, this is a name I haven't seen in these forums in quite some time. or maybe I've been the one thats been gone for too long??
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos View Post
    holy shit, this is a name I haven't seen in these forums in quite some time. or maybe I've been the one thats been gone for too long??
    I havnt played since HFC went live.

I dont enjoy diablo and i havnt played WoW since.

Looking at the state of Legion.... i made a pretty damn good call where this game qas heading in WoD

15+ Year Old Account
    I havnt played since HFC went live.

I dont enjoy diablo and i havnt played WoW since.

Looking at the state of Legion.... i made a pretty damn good call where this game qas heading in WoD
    Ret is the least fun its ever been, imo. Almost everything bad has to do with what they did to judgment. I hate it. The first time in 8 years where I've not enjoyed playing my paladin.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.