10+ Year Old Account
    The last time Ret was legit strong in any sense was WTLK and even then in pve tons of the usual classes still outranked them just not by as much as they do now, always pisses me off when somebody sees some exploit or some videos of idiots allowing rets to full stack crusade or something like that in pvp and then calls ret "broken" in pvp.

Like I tried explaining to somebody today why Ret shouldn't have holy power anymore, or if they insist on keeping it we should have something outside tier smoothing out Holy Power generation. Because I pointed out how we have to pool holy power sometimes to save it for a DS before some big AoE part to make sure we even do dmg and the person said "So do rogues!" I had to explain to him that rogues can easily get all their combo points back like instantly and how they have talents and traits that smooth out the generation. Overall I think people just remember a stupid moment where they let bubble actually get them killed and they just can't let that go.

Its just irritating that anytime something worked out good for a ret pally which made them decent or heck strong it gets nerfed to the ground for them but left completely alone for other classes, most recent being CoF, hell when they bother to finally nerf a trinket for spec that its stupidly strong for they can't even fully do that and reverse their decision mostly *draught for warriors being the most recent*
    Last edited by Dugna; 2017-06-16 at 11:26 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meiffert View Post
    -snip-
    I second that. I was usually top 5 during mop due to the guild i was in but i clearly remember me doing orange logs but being below the mage with blue ones ahead of the mage doing green ones.

ps.: next time some posts "ret will be fine" in discord please post this

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    In fairness, our best examples on Augur still used DH and FoJ for lol3pctvoidlingdmg when they should have gone BoW and Zeal if they really wanted to parse.

At least we're not Feral Druids...?
    Why zeal... ?

Well I'm assuming the top parsers would be pushing a lot of haste, combined with the BoW reset means the reduced cooldown on Crusader Strike is basically a waste. The added damage on five casts of Zeal is easily worth more than a third of a TV, moreso when you consider you're drowning in holy power already.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

The only reason zeal would be worth taking is after you ditch the cloak. Don't underestimate Fires HP generation outside of crusade.

Well... Untill a buff comes our way, all ret brethren, say with me.
    "I’m bad, and that’s good. I will never be good, and that’s not bad. There’s no one I’d rather be than me."

Madness will consume you!!!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by killwithpwr View Post
    Well... Untill a buff comes our way, all ret brethren, say with me.
    "I’m bad, and that’s good. I will never be good, and that’s not bad. There’s no one I’d rather be than me."
    It's a bit hard to be 'me' in the game when I signed up to be a Blood Knight and Blizzard turned them into pretty much paladins. They're not even giving us that. :<

This is my Retribution Paladin . There are many like him, but this one is mine.
    My Retribution Paladin is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I must master my life.
    Without me, my Retribution Paladin is useless. Without my Retribution Paladin , I am useless.
    Doing mediocre dps is my sole purpose. Being mediocre is my aim. Without bring mediocre, I am OP.
    I must be content with being mediocre.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohdee View Post
    Unless I'm missing something we are the second lowest spec overall currently in Mythic Nighthold in basically every percentile according to warcraftlogs, that's pretty dire in my book.
    I think you are missing something. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/11#sample=1

Was similar pattern for each of the three raid days this week (including Tuesday for NA).

Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    I think you are missing something. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/11#sample=1

Was similar pattern for each of the three raid days this week (including Tuesday for NA).
    Using same link just flipping it to patch 7.2.5 and over a range of one week puts us third from bottom.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...ple=1&region=3

While I'm not going to claim the sky is falling until the pre-mythic balance patch comes out I can't avoid being concerned at this point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    Using same link just flipping it to patch 7.2.5 and over a range of one week puts us third from bottom.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...ple=1&region=3

While I'm not going to claim the sky is falling until the pre-mythic balance patch comes out I can't avoid being concerned at this point.
    Ah yes, used wrong patch. Still, the main issues are all single target related, which is getting buffed. Though weakened, our cleave is still good when you look at those fights.

Ah yes, used wrong patch. Still, the main issues are all single target related, which is getting buffed. Though weakened, our cleave is still good when you look at those fights.
    2/3 of tos consists of single target fights.
    Do we care about our cleave at this point?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    2/3 of tos consists of single target fights.
    Do we care about our cleave at this point?
    For mythic plus, yes. It is certainly for ToS that we need those coming single target buffs like I said yesterday.

I'm going to have to disagree, cleave was our bread and butter in NH and with the nerfs to it there isn't a lot we can do to compete. Looking at the logs from our farm clear this week only fight I even came close to competing on was Trilliax...funnily with DH talented by mistake.

I'm curious how our ST is getting buffed as well? I seen nothing about that anywhere.

Edit: Any balancing done based on this week is redundant as well due to how closely our DPS is tied to CoF in NH. Unless you're one of the lucky once with a 925 TF that benefit is going away with ToS.
    Last edited by Redblade; 2017-06-16 at 09:04 PM.

Deleted
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Though some of the fights weren't great but, to be fair, I was very much trying different things out rather than caring about numbers.

For mythic plus, yes. It is certainly for ToS that we need those coming single target buffs like I said yesterday.
    We'll maintain our position of trash-dps kings, which is irrelevant.
    What matters is the upcoming raid, and actual possibility and magnitude of said possibly probable maybe happening sometime later buffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well recent tuning comming up is another 3.5%, and the 2 piece got slightly buffed.....overall still doesn't seem enough.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...s-for-june-20/

Deleted
    Y they need a buff. Let's do it more than 3% cause they gonna keep crying. I would say though that 5% seems unbalanced. Oh well lets put these two figures close 3.5%. Now that looks cool. Oke let's make this hotfix.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Though some of the fights weren't great but, to be fair, I was very much trying different things out rather than caring about numbers.
    Yeah I wan't playing at my best either but we clearly felt weaker. The new 3.5% buff with the T20 buff might makes it be more in line though so we'll see how it pans out over the next two weeks.

Nowhere near to whats needed, but always welcome I guess.

And @Thete compare 7.2.0 and 7.2.5 of the same Padhole raid. Pretty much sums everything up that needs to be said.