Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Because it was unique to a class or spec, and added "flavour" didn't mean it was simply good or enjoyable for everyone.
    Deciding that YOU miss something does not mean its removal is a bad thing.
    A lot of those were hugely inconsistent between different classes, meaning some simply had a harder job in the name of flavour.

The reason you cant imagine the experience of a new player, is because you aren't one.
    The game is old for YOU, not for someone else.
    It is up to them to decide if it is "lifeless" or not.
    Not for you to speak for them.

Something taking longer does not mean anything, aside from it taking longer.
    Time-consuming travel played a big part, not least when being sent across the continents or the sea many times for maybe actual play related to that goal being a fraction of the whole.

Many things there you simply spew out, without reasoning.
    A lot of that happened years ago, so is completely irrelevant to bring up now as a complaint.
    If this is a game you don't want to play, then put your money where your mouth is and leave.
    Otherwise you are far less disgusted or turned off than you want us to think.

Practice what you preach people.
    If the game is so bad, leave.
    Otherwise you are lying to us and yourselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    No, my concept of a role playing game is broader than D&D. You are bitching about other games, with rpg elements, having more options than wow. That doesn't mean wow isn't an RPG or is lacking RPG elements in PvP. You are set firmly in your narrow view of a genre that is very diverse. I won't try to convince you any more and agree that we have a difference of opinions.
    When games that aren't meant to be considered as RPGs but merely adopted a few elements have more RPG elements than a game that should first and foremost be considered an RPG then it's watered down and has nothing to do with what people think of when they hear the term "RPG". If you want to turn into a discussion about the term "RPG" then I have no interest in talking with you. Of course it is a nice way of avoiding actual involvement with the topic at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    Enhancement shaman is now a viable spec with its own mechanics and not a dogshit talent tree unlike Vanilla.

Trumps all your arguments.
    Pretty much every class only had one viable spec and you pretty much did it or didn't raid. Anything that could heal did that only. Warriors were pretty much the only tanks, and definitely the only main tanks. DPS too had best specs for their classes and had to be that one spec.

While I don't agree with the OP overall, he does make a lot of decent points on just how much has been cut in the name of convenience. Sure, it's nice to be able to play any spec at any time (Not that top DPS specs per class still aren't pretty much forced on people each patch) but it can be a bit immersive breaking. "Oh, you're fighting a giant fire monster? Cast some fire spells at it, that'll teach it a lesson!"

Enhancement shaman is now a viable spec with its own mechanics and not a dogshit talent tree unlike Vanilla.

Wow what a fucking nuanced opinion worth considering
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    Looks at started threads
    Rofl stop this nonsense

Loss of guaranteed gem slots on gear is the big one for me.

RNG gearing wouldn't be an issue with players if they had more control over stats (reforge) or ways to mitigate via gems and enchants. Blizz took player choice away and made RNG gearing more punishing as a result.

A big RPG element is the build up of a character as you see fit.

Deleted

Elemental is in the worst shape since vanilla. Trumps all your arguments.

I'm fine with everything in that list that list that was removed. Glad they're gone, but here are some things that I felt the need to comment on:

Rogues had to train lockpicking by opening lockboxes around the world. Special gloves even existed to help you.
    I'm happy it's gone. Leveling a rogue meant, post-BC, meant you either had to stunt your leveling pace to make sure your lockpicking skill was ready for the next level bracket, or you forgo leveling lockpicking at all, focus on just leveling, then waste time at max level maxing Lockpicking, instead of doing endgame stuff. Or just ignoring LP completely.

Hunters couldn't attack in melee range with ranged weapons.
    Hunters could use melee weapons alongside ranged weapons.
    I'm really glad those two were gone. Unable to fire a bow in melee is not a RPG element, it was just an annoyance. And no longer being able to use melee weapons alongside ranged weapons finally ended the inane "all weapons are hunter weapons" meme.

Warriors and rogues were able to use ranged weapons.
    Another thing that's good it's gone, because it helped trim down the loot tables. No longer we'd have guns with strength, and two-handed swords with agility.

Priests had 2 uniques Racial abilities.
    Four. Humans had 'Desperate Prayer', dwarves had 'Fear Ward', forsaken had 'Devouring Plague' and draenei had 'Hymn of Hope', which rrestored 2% mana for 3 low mana party/raid members, every 2 seconds for 8 seconds, and increases their maximum mana by 15% for 8 seconds.

Weapons require skills, including hand fighting. If you equipped a kind of weapon that you didn't know yet, you needed to use it a lot before doing max DPS. You also needed to see a weapon trainer first.
    Another thing I'm so glad it's gone. Few things are more annoying than seeing a big weapon upgrade for your character, only to notice that the 'weapon skill level' you got on it is just '1'. And also the fact that, if you didn't buy the skill, you couldn't even wield the weapon. Again, glad it's gone, served no purpose other than break the flow of the game.

Magic/fire/frost resistance gears were useful against specific boss. Once again it strengthen the lore. Some mobs had fire resistance too and/or were weak against frost spells. Frost resistance gear was vital against Sapphiron etc.
    Frost resistance gear was another thing that just served as a barrier to break the flow of the game. Also, "weak against certain magic"? I never found any mob that took extra damage from schools, but I did find many to be immune, like the original Curator being immune to arcane, earth/wing elementals in BC nagrand being immune to nature magic, etc. Also, the lack of immunities is what allows a raid like Firelands or a dungeon like Throne of the Tides. I imagine fire mage mains would complain about having an entire raid instance immune to all their spells.

Mana and health regenerate way slower, so you NEEDED to stop and eat/drink every few fights. Food and drink actually mater, and mana for DPS caster mattered too. When's the last time you bought normal food in game?
    And that's a good thing. The less things that break the flow of the game, the better.

Every classes had an extra equipment slot where you put your libram, sigil, throw, totem, idol, wand etc.
    See answer #2

No more Horde v Alliance city raids
    That's not on Blizzard. It's on the players.

The game doesn't cater to old school RPG gamers. It caters more to Facebook/candycrush/tablet gamers.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    If you have read my previous post you would have learnt that i didnt kill Four Horse/Sapph/Kel, as i said, most if not all of Vanilla, depends how people see it.

Secondly again you are assuming i did all those things alone.

Thirdly, 300 hours for level 60 ?What are you, blind or you are missing both hands?

And as i already edited above.

Was 18, all the time in the world, its called little to no sleep, let me explain how 11th February to March was of 2005..

Play till 4-5am, sleep to 6am, take the bus, sleep in the bus, attend Uni as many hours required, make sure to consume 2-3 coffees, return, sleep in the bus, good 3 extra hours of sleep combined or morning/noon, play, repeat for a good while.

Not proud of it, doesnt mean it didnt happen.

Either way, i have no reason to explain my life story to someone that considers leveling at 60 as hard, tedious sure, hard? Or lots of time required? No, i call it "Bad".
    At no point did I assume you did anything alone. You couldn't do everything alone back then. That's part of the claim I'm making.

Further, level 60 was designed to take around 250 hours. If you were pretty bad, it would take around 300, if you were really good, it took around 200. If you somehow think it took way less, I continue to refuse to believe that you actually played it. Even on private Blizzlike servers today, with all the guides, it takes people around 200 hours to level up.

At no point did I talk about personal experience. My personal experiences with vanilla are immaterial to this discussion.

As for how you describe your day, this matches perfectly what I was expecting, which is why I assert the number of hours played.

You're a walking contradiction. Every single sentence you say gets disproven by you a little later on.

And no, you didn't use the phrasing "almost" when responding to me. You refused to accept the number of hours spent, but now you admit it. You refused to accept how social it was, now you admit it. You think you were just running around in uber gear 1-shotting people and that was all you cared about - I don't believe you. I don't think you believe you. I think you forgot. In fact, you couldn't even admit to yourself it was a good game after spending thousands of hours on it. You've gotten so worked up over the notion of rose-tinted goggles that you've completely forgotten the game and just dismiss it as shit, even when you know it wasn't true!

Now, I'm not judging you for these things. I know plenty of people who played just as much. It was a really good game, and in fact my experience with leadership in WoW has had really positive effects on my career now. I'm glad I played it, even if it wasn't as much as you did. (Although I did make Gladiator and I did clear quite a bit of raid content, particularly after vanilla. In vanilla I was basically spamming PvP every chance I could get, so not much PvE for me with the honor system about... ugh. That WAS a piece of shit system.)

I'm just telling you to try to dig a little deeper and analyse your experiences with the game before you start yelling and shouting at others about how shit vanilla was and how live is so much better. And sure, in some ways live is better, but if you're looking for an open world MMORPG, then it's a lot worse than vanilla was. A lot.

In D&D there are a number of rudimentary rules that my gaming group always ignores (food, gear weight, etc.)

Why?

Because it's all a pain in the ass to deal with and who cares.

Also: just because something has been removed from the game doesn't make it an RP element... laughing at some of these.

7+ Year Old Account
    How do poeple feel about blizzard removing all of this stuff?

Feel free to add suggestions to things that i might have missed.

The first and most important thing is that the world felt ALIVE, it felt like an MMORPG, that is what the game said it was and that is what we got. it literally felt like stepping into a living breating world full of players and awe. no one was sat in the main city clicking menus and teleported around, people where out in the world questing, farming , grinding, pvping, traveling, leveling professions, hanging out in hubs, forming groups, doing things you know? i just cant say the same for current wow. its like a completley different game. I just cant imagine how a new player feels been dropped into the game today with its lifeless zones from past expansions, it just wouldnt have the same impression on me as when i first launched wow way back in 2005.
    everyone sat around in the main city, just they had to walk somewhere instead of teleporting, people are still out in the world questing, grinding ,pvping traveling, leveling professions, nothing has changed, what the fuck are you on about

Rogues had to craft their own poisons with special labs spread across the world.was stupid

Rogues had to buy vanishing powder from vendors touse the vanish ability.annoying

Rogues had to buy blinding powder from professions or auction house to be able to use the ability.again annoying

Rogues could deactivate traps.still can, just people dont like being forced to bring a rogue to every single raid

Rogues had to train lockpicking by opening lockboxes around the world. Special gloves even existed to help you.was super annoying and pointless..

Stealth used to have levels and could be more or less effective. Items such as Nightscape Boots helped you being less detectable. Also, as they were sneaking, rogues moved slower when stealthed.still has levels, just you are bad at the game and dont notice, and yes people LOVE moving slower

Hunter started without any pet and had a quest to teach them how to tame one, enhancing the link between them. Now they automatically start with one. Same for Warlock and their first demon.yes doing a short quest totally build a bond between you and some pixels

Hunter could use Eyes of the Beast to see through the eyes of its pet.was weird and allowed for game breaking

Hunter's had to be out of combat to set traps.was super fucking stupid and made them annoying to use

Hunter's pet had an happiness bar and a loyalty property to manage by feeding them with appropriate food. If done wrong, the pet would do lesser damage or even leave you.yes because forgetting to bring food causing you to lose your pet and having to leave your PC for an emergency to come back and find your pet gone, totally awesome

Hunters had 3 pets max. Each ones feel special. Now they carry a whole zoo in their bags.no they cant, they can hold 5, only 66% more then before

Hunters couldn't attack in melee range with ranged weapons.it was realistic yes but it was annoying and stupid

Hunters could use melee weapons alongside ranged weapons.yes, but when did they? all the way from when they had stat sticks to when they were removed they were just that, stat sticks, no self respecting hunter actually meleed they just had the melee weapon as a stat stick

Bows and guns require ammunitions you had to craft/buy and put in special ammo bags. This could lead to awkward situations i love how you use "akward situations"
    as a good thing, having an akward situation is never a good thing

Warriors and rogues were able to use ranged weapons.ment stealing them from hunters, and were really just stat sticks/used to pull stuff so...

Warlocks had to get and carry soulshards in special bagslol yeah fuck you, this was never a good thing, it was never fun or interesting, it was an annoyance
    Warlocks had a Detect Invisibility spell.ok, how is this an "RPG" element removed? are you just gunna list every spell removed from the game?

Warlock's Ritual of Doom needed four other people to summon the Doomguard... and one of them was randomly sacrificed! With great power came great responsability.what ended up happening was no one used these because they sucked and were just an annoyance to summon and use

Warriors had different stances and had to switch between them during combat for maximum dps.stance dancing was stupid

Shamans could use two handed weapons.still can, wtf are you on about?

Death Knight's Raise Ally spell bring back people as... ghouls!this was cool yes, but the new one is much better

Druids turned into tree form to heal.still can

Priests had 2 uniques Racial abilities.racials have been changed for the better so you arnt forced into a race you hate because of X guide

Mages, Warlocks and blacksmiths could craft various oils and grindstones to buff weapons.this was annoying, people complain about raiding being costly now? pfft

Paladins could be played only by Alliance while Shamans were only for Horde. this made alot of sence from a lore point of view and added alot to faction pride and place. no, this was stupid, it was horrible, it ment some fights were MUCH easier for one faction then the other, and forced you into a faction you hated if you loved that class

Weapons require skills, including hand fighting. If you equipped a kind of weapon that you didn't know yet, you needed to use it a lot before doing max DPS. You also needed to see a weapon trainer first.this was not cool in any way, it was simply an annoyance "oh sweet i got a new weapon! time to spend about 3 hours grinding till i can use it!"

Speaking of trainers, you had to see a trainer in town to learn your new class skill/spell. Now it automatically spawn in your action bar as you level.sorta agree, but it made the game worse for noobs
    Some spells only worked on specific mobs, strengthening the lore. Paladin's exorcism for example was to be used against undead/demons while now it works the same on any mobs.still do, wtf are you on about? i never knew warlocks banish could banish all targets now!

Magic/fire/frost resistance gears were useful against specific boss. Once again it strengthen the lore. Some mobs had fire resistance too and/or were weak against frost spells. Frost resistance gear was vital against Sapphiron etc.no, this was stupid, it did not strengthen the lore, stfu

Classes were a lot more different: in term of rotation, but also some didn't have any interrupt, or any cc, or any group buff etc. In the same way, lots of class, especially pure DPS, didn't have a single heal. Now almost every class has the same set of interrupt/cc/heal/group buff.
    some still dont have interupt or cc or group buff, what is your point? lots of classes pure dps dont have a single heal, wtf are you on about?
    Mana and health regenerate way slower, so you NEEDED to stop and eat/drink every few fights. Food and drink actually mater, and mana for DPS caster mattered too. When's the last time you bought normal food in game?here we go again, slowing down the game, adding more afk time and USELESS "Ok well now i gotta wait" time is never good, having to eat/drink every 3 fights was not fun, it was a time waster and an annoyance

Spell levels (Holy Light 1, Holy Light 2 etc.) existed and were useful to manage your mana.this idea was stupid and just ruined the game in alot of sense, it sucked having to use weaker versions of spells you had...

Each classes has unique quests to unlock specific stuff: mounts for warlocks and paladins, postures for warriors, druid's forms, poisons and Certificate of Thievery for rogues etc.yes these were cool, but it meant that suddenly you had to stop leveling and go into butt fuck no where to get something, i mean did you ever do the succubus quest as alliance?

Every classes had an extra equipment slot where you put your libram, sigil, throw, totem, idol, wand etc.ok... and?

Original talent tree allowed hybrid class to freely mix healing, tanking and dps abilities (even if it wasn't often imba!).hate to agree but agree

According to your race or spec, different weapons meant different abilities: maces used to stun, axes had extra crit chance, swords were faster or had a chance to double strike...this is called a racial, they are still i nthe game, but they dont matter much cause blizz wants people to choose races based on what they like, not what they are forced to play

There where specific class quests you could obtain through raiding and dungeons that lead you on epic journys throught the world and really tested your ability with that character, Rhok' delar was a epic bow but had legendary status to the hunters that used it.why did you list class quests twice? also as we see with legion adding class quests can actually be a bad thing, as normal quests you get 12, but then with class quests you only get 1, because most people dont play every class

Gear rarity actually mattered, green items where uncommon, rare items where actually rare and epic items where actually epic.ehhh im not gunna disagree but it is a stupid point, by the end everyone got epics...

There was no transmog in vanilla or bc, so you could actually see the gear that players where wearing, you could tell if they where a fully kitted out pve raider, a veteran of pvp, or a dungeon goe just by looking at them. further adding to the immersion.yes i mean everyone loved looking super fucking shitty

Gold was scarce, it took a LOT of time to save up 10g. Now you can literally make thousand of gold in a day.gold still is scarce what the fuck are you talking.... oh wait you dont understand how inflation works, oh i get it

Mounts had different speeds. Now they all go to your max speed. Also summoning mount took twice as long (3 sec vs 1.5 sec now).mounts still do, just you train them to go faster, also again, yes we all love waiting MUCH longer to get from point A to point B i mean we all love sitting there well we wait for a mount to spawn

Leveling took way longer, so the focus was more about the journey, less about the destination.ehhh not exactly, yes leveling took long, but it is because of the examples you used above, all the wasted time walking and drinking/eating, if you had mount at 20, and the current out of combat regen it would be much faster

Quests most of the time had you traveling to different zones to finish different quests and pick up new ones, most of the time you never spent an enitre level in the same zone , you where constantly traveling from zone to zone as was everyone else, further adding to the immersion.this was not fun, it was stupid to be told "go three zones over then come back, then go there again then come back" it just wasted time

Mobs were harder to kill: you could fight a couple of them but pulling a whole group often meant death. Same for rare mobs that requiered a group. Now you can easily pull 5-10 mobs and solo any rare you encounter while leveling.you musta been bad, leveling my lock i could solo rares if i did it right and on my mage i could pull massive groups and just kite/slow till they died have you seen mage farming in vanilla?

No instant mail, even to alts. Now there are mailboxes every 20 yards in every citiesyes because having to wait for mail is so immersive, also really? "There is too many mail boxes in cities" what?

You couldn't have Alliance and Horde chars on the same PvP server, which helped faction pride.faction pride is a stupid idea, yes it is nice in some scenarios, but only the most EDGY special snowflakes kept it after age 12

Keys existed. To open special doors you had first to find the key, ask a rogue to picklock it, have a blacksmith craft a key or use an engineer's charge.keys still exist,
    just for specific quests

Servers used to be completely separated. This made realm communities and personal behavior extremely important because if you did something like ninja loot, you were labelled as "that guy" and were responsible for your behavior. At the same time, everyone knew who the best players on the server were in PvE and PvP respectively. The server was your world.yes this was good for comunity, but it meant finding people to do stuff with was harder, and on servers with a lower pop on one faction it meant hell to do something group based

Housing was tested in early alpha (as seen in this video): players could buy/build their own house in Stormwind/Goldshire.uh what? what the fuck does this have to do with anything?
    Being part of the Brew of the Month Club rewarded you with a monthly sample beer.uhh it... it still does... what the utter fuck are you going on about?

Players used to be automatically dismounted when they entered waters... But gnomes were the only ones to be also dismounted in shallow waters, such as Zangarmarsh or Swamp of Sorrows.gnomes still are treated as smaller in some scenarios, also dismounting in water was stupid... "OMFG MY HORSES HOOVE GOT WET, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *DED*

Basic campfire required simple wood and a flint.cool?

Mounts costed a lot of gold and once you got one you had to have it in your bag to ride it. there was 60% speed mounts and epic mounts that had 100% speed, and getting an epic mount was considered a massive achivement since it cost 1000 gold, that was a LOT back in Vanilla.times change

Reagents (candle, feather, stone...) were needed to cast lots of utility spells. Some could be simply bought but others needed farming all around the world.why bring this up both here and for rogues? also this was annoying, yes it made sense, but it just ruined gameplay

Auction Houses were local. At start, only Ironforge (for Alliance) and Oggrimar (for Horde) had one. Also goblin's AH were neutrals so they were used by smugglers to trade rare items between factions.this was horrible, no one liked this

You need to travel to dungeons and battleground. Now you don't even need to know where they are.LOL WHAT? yes i mean i que up and teleport straight to Mythic dungeon, mythic plus dungeons, and every raid other then LFR, right? Yes bgs you dont need to but BGS are the kinda thing you do over and over, so having to run to them every time would be super annoying

Breathing bar was shorter and quests that required you to go under water didn't auto-give you water breathing buff like now.not all quests do, and is the breathing bar shorter?

There was no instance in the world: If people were in the same place they see and could help each others.yes and they could grief eachother too

Quests objectives weren't displayed on your map. Quest items didn't sparkle (or had an outline) and quest givers didn't show up on the minimap. Also quest mobs didn't have their names highlighted for you.you know why they added this? because the community begged for it, one of the first addons made on mass was quest obectives,
    and one of the most popular wow sites was thottbott, for people to find quest objectives

Many Raids required you to be attuned to them so that you could enter, some involved quests in different dungeons or raids in order to complete and reqired a decent amount of efford to complete, it added a sence of progression and progress that the game sadly lacks today.no it doesent, also attunement were cool for those who were on the curve, but those who were behind got fucked

Lots of group quests so you have to, well, make group while leveling.yes because having to sit and afk at a quest for 2 hours waiting for enough people to gather to do it was fun

Four Dragons of Nightmare were hidden around Azeroth and required raid-sized groups to be defeated.uhh... what? literally WHAT they are called world bosses, they are still i nthe game today

Some of the most powerful spells were only learnable from rares Codex. They dropped from dungeons or raids but weren't BoP so you could trade/sale them.they were not the most powerful spells, also yes having spells you could sell, so cool

Expansions or some raids used to be announced with huge pre-release events, like The Gates of Ahn’Qiraj, Dark Portal Opens or The Scourge Invasion. This was abandoned after Cataclysm. They were truly massive as the whole realm was participating.the gates ruined the servers, the dark portal opens was not that huge, the scourge invasion was hated by most of the community, and stfu they still do huge pre-event, look at legions we got the invasions and the broken shore seige, literally dude, STOP you are right out lying

One of the most epic quest-chain had a cooking recipe reward. You needed a group to loot the mats from elite chimeras.ok, and some current quests require you do the same thing for professions so..

Rare recipes required you to travel all over the world, either to find/buy them or to do special quests and even dungeons to unlock them.and you dont for legion?
    For example you needed a priest to mind-control a mini-boss to teach you Enchanted Elementium; now it's just a drop.this was interesting but in practice just stupid

Some crafting recipes (Sulfuron Hammer, engineer Jeeves/Chopper, some food...) required lots of work and mats. Now it's just a couple, rarely 3, max.yes because there is no expensive recipes anymore in wow, none

Sound logical, but you actually needed a fishpole to fish, a knife to skin, a hammer for blacksmith etc.yes we all loved wasting bag space

You had to level gathering before getting to the next zone. Now tou can skin/gather in Draenor even if you're level 1.im thinking of giving up at this point, alot of these are "yeah but i mean... it was annoying"

You need the actual mats to be in your bag. Now you can have them in your bank and craft anything in the wild.omfg, yes, but why does this ruin the game?

Alchemists and jewelcrafters needed alchemy labs to make some of the best flasks and reagents.omfg you needed to be near a thing! MVP RIGHT THERE GUYS

Some professions had sub-specialisations: Blacksmith could specialize in weapon-smith or armor-smith; Alchemist could become transmute, potion or flask masters; Engineers could focus on goblin or gnome recipes. (some of those specialisations still exist but aren't updated anymore)sub specs were cool at first but annoying in practice "hey guys ineed a blacksmith... who is arms... and has this item.... and is alliance... and online right now

Skinners could skin either normal leathers or scales (used for mail armor). Now only normal leather exist.what? are you stupid? "Storm scale? ever heard of it?

Some creatures (like Onyxia) required special tools to be skinned, which rewarded you with very rare scales to craft unique gear.this was a cool conecept but weird in practice

Blacksmiths and engineers could craft Skeleton keys and small bombs that you could buy to open lockboxes or doors.still can
    Only enchanters could, well, disenchant items.still a thing, but the roll is them disenchanting it for you, people cant just disenchant without an enchanter

There used to be a weekly Kalu’ak Fishing Derby in Northrend.still is im pretty sure, it was inactive for some time, i know the fishing one in stranglethro nis back

In Alpha there was a Survival Skills profession used for making campfires and torches. Torches were used for scouting darker areas, such as Duskwood (you couldn't see anything past 20-30 yards in front of you).again you bring this up in ANOTHER thread, these were never in the official game, stop it, you are legit complaining about stuff they removed even before vanilla wow, omfg guys, i think we found our first person who is not a vanilla fanboi... BUT AN ALPHA WOW FANBOI HOLY SHIT

Weather was alot more prominant in some zones barrens, for example was mostly sunny but sometimes rained, Felwood, it rained alot winterspring was often heavy snow, ect.we still have weather but yeah the weather effect slider could come back

Night time on servers was alot darker than current wow.and it still can be, there is a potion for that, they removed super dark nights cause people who could only play at night felt annoyed it was so hard to see

World PvP ranks) with specific rewards like gear but also repair discount or access to a special World Defense channel.and elite gear is not a specific gear reward?

Alterac Valley lasted for hours or days at a time, with lots of PvE quests included, You could even summon bosses to fight for your side! (You can still technically do it but it's not relevant anymore)this was horrible, there is still tons of pve quests included, but the lasting days or hours was just bad design as you admit it is still in the game but people just dont do it

You could loose honor if you killed civilians from opposite faction.this was annoying, as if they started attacking you, you just had to let them, cause if you kiled them well fuck you then

You had halls of valour that you could enter in capital citys (sw, orgrimmar) after obtaining a certain pvp rank, that sold all of the high level pvp gear. it added to faction pride and made you feel like a real champion of your faction.was rather lame overall but cool for the people who obtained it

When hard raid mode was first introduced (in Ulduar), it was done via in-game action, ie: you had to do trigger specific things during an encounter. Now it's via a click on a menu. (this kind of gameplay removal -World of MenuCraft-)Yes because having a troll press the red button was super fun

Some raids couldn't be entered directly, you first had to do long and epic questlines to unlock them. Now you can even kill a boss before knowing about his story (Isthar in HFC for example).why do you mention attuenments TWICE dude i think you should stick to short posts, you repeat yourself alot on long ones

Dungeons were real mazes that could take hours to complete. Now it's mostly 3 bosses separated by corridors that took less than 20 minutes to defeat.because return to kharazhan is not at al a maze or long, and also because people loved it when half way through a dungeon somone rage quit or had to leave

No more reforging (too complicated for ppl, let's remove it? -blizzard)lol what? for somone who has said they hate pandaria, you sure are defending it, reforging was added because of hit/expertise, with its removal we no longer need it, because without it everyone would simply get a peice of gear and change the worst stat to the best "omfg so much RPG"

No more gemming (finding a new piece of gear and gemming and and enchanting it it was so satisfying, why did they remove it??)uhh what

No more enchanting (we still have enchanting, it's just nowhere near as good as it once was) "No more enchanting" then you say "We still have it, but not as much" why not simply say "less enchanting" then?

Class / spec design sucks (rogues no longer feel like rogues, Shadow priests no longer feel like shadow priests etc)lol this is simply subjective, what the fuck are you talking about? rogues feel more like rogues then ever, shadow priests feel more like shadowpriests then ever, what the fuck you on about, how does the current shadow priest, not feel like a shadow priest, what is a shadow priest?

No more PvP vendorsguess you dont pvp much

No more world PvPguess you dont pvp much

No more Horde v Alliance city raidsdont you dont pvp much

There's no huge PvP area like Tol barad or wintergrasp.because the last 2 added people have shat on, and even wintergraps was hated by alot

World quests are just Daily quests.ok... and? how is this a "removed RPG el-" Wait a second this thread is not about removed RPG elements, its about you crying to yourself about stuff you think is dumb in the game

No honor or conquest points.what does this have to do with RPG?

No Valour points.what does this have to do with RPG?

No justice points.like the other 2, what does this have to do with RPG? these three were not added till later in the game, and have nothing to do with RPG?

No exploration.lol yes, treasures and rares scattered all over the broken isles, but sure no exploration

No RPG elements left in the game.LOL yes guys NOT A SINGLE, FUCKING, RPG ELEMENT LEFT IN THE GAME

Leveling is just a stroll and takes a matter of hours to get max level, its literally trivial at this point.yes, i love that guy who got from 1-110 with no heirlooms, on his own, in a "matter of hours"

The glyph system has been removed.no it hasent

AP grind is a pointless waste of time.for you, cause all you do is LFR

Ok so my stuff is in bold
    BTW dont try to label a thread that is so odviously "WAAAAAAAAA I HATE THE GAME, IT REMOVED MY STUFF WAAAAH" as "removed RPG elements" when you try to claim justice points, and "world quests being dailies" as RPG elements being removed...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I do miss some RPG elements but as a person who grew up and finds that time is more of a factor i really do welcome the time saving quality of life changes blizz has made over the years.

I dont think i could grind for mats the way i used to do back in my early 20s when i had all the time in the world playing in BC.

Can we stop quoting that wall of text?
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

WoW is more like Diablo now. Good. Diablo is a better game.

Unpopular opinion of the year.

15+ Year Old Account
    holy mother wall of text
    I can replace, 99% of that wall of text with this
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scubaskot View Post
    You forgot 1 thing. legendaries used to be legendaries, now everyone has tons of them. If someone had a legendary back then, he was a GOD on that server.
    yes because being the GM's girlfriend who showed up to raid and did shit dps was a god
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

No more reforging (too complicated for ppl, let's remove it? -blizzard)
    Thats not why it was removed. It was removed because it was basically pointless. Just another thing blocking you from using a new piece of gear you got in a raid. Not to mention it was done completely by addons.
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2017-06-16 at 11:55 PM.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alefnir View Post
    WoW is more like Diablo now. Good. Diablo is a better game.

Unpopular opinion of the year.
    Yep, so good in fact that is DEAD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yes because being the GM's girlfriend who showed up to raid and did shit dps was a god
    indeed. but does that matter???

Blizzard had been adapting well to an aging dedicated playerbase until this expansion where literally every aspect of end game is some sort of maximal time sink; these rpg elements were exactly that too.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15