Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Legendary's are the new epics.

How many legendary's do people have these days?

I remember when there would barely be 3 on a realm, now everyone has 5 each?

Since blues are the new greens, and epics are the new blues, will they bring out a new tier above legendary's? I hope so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legendaries are more like talent points that you have to grind through RNG to acquire the right ones.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Stop thinking the legendaries of this expac are anything remotely comparable to the legendaries of old ones. I swear half the complaints about them would instantly disappear if they weren't named "legendary" and colored orange.

I think between all my 110s I have 29 legendaries.

Artifact is above legendary. Got 23 of those

Quote Originally Posted by kurtpal View Post

Since blues are the new greens, and epics are the new blues, will they bring out a new tier above legendary's? I hope so.
    5? This isn't start of Nighthold anymore. Anyone who actually plays the game has em all for at least 1 spec.

New Rarity System needs to be made in the future
    -Artifact: Your new Legendary.
    -Legendary: Effectively the Purples now
    -Epic: Your blues
    -Blue: Starting gear or D/E Vendor fodder
    -Green: Vendor fodder, xmog
    -White: Fodder or Quest
    -Gray: Fodder or maybe a hidden use.

May as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    5? This isn't start of Nighthold anymore. Anyone who actually plays the game has em all for at least 1 spec.
    Oh, i haven't played since 1 month into legion, didn't enjoy the rng at all.
    Wasn't sure how many people had these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Well, not quite. I play many of my alts, i also rarely do M+ or LFR on my main, so i don't really do anything that rewards them.

I never got the mentality of epics being rare. They're rare while leveling, and not super common in dungeons at max level. Once you actually get into content though, they're everywhere. Raids dropped all purples in Vanilla, just like they do now. There was a larger barrier of entry to raiding, so they seemed rare, but if you actually did the content and participated each reset, you were rolling in them by the time T2 came out.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

10+ Year Old Account
    The good old epics: The big baddie drops it, I'm gonna bust my ass to get to kill that baddie.

Legendaries: Eh, I might pull the one I want out of a random deers rectal areas but then again I might not.

Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    The good old epics: The big baddie drops it, I'm gonna bust my ass to get to kill that baddie.

Legendaries: Eh, I might pull the one I want out of a random deers rectal areas but then again I might not.
    can't think of it like that. It is a culmination of everything you did to get that legendary. Something like 20 emissaries, normal nh, heroic nh, 5 mythic +, heroic en, normal en. Is a pretty normal rotation to get a lego after all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    In Legion now if you're an enchanter, it's funny because you have zillions of purples to disenchant but you never get any greens, so you are missing the cheap mats lol. It seems like every single piece of gear you ever see is purple. Once in a great while you get a blue. Greens don't exist.
    Well there are a few issues that compound that. Dungeon trash has stopped dropping much of anything beyond greys/gold, plus it is all personal loot, so there is no disenchant option when rolling. Plus we actually have to farm mats this expansion, we don't have work huts like WoD.

In previous expansions, most of my greens came from dungeon trash, and since dungeons of today are M+, there are no more dungeon trash drops. It's not as if they took all the current green gear was bumped up, we just don't run the content that provides them anymore. Good solution would be to have a cache of materials at the end of M+ or something.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by SafariDiscoLion View Post
    Stop thinking the legendaries of this expac are anything remotely comparable to the legendaries of old ones. I swear half the complaints about them would instantly disappear if they weren't named "legendary" and colored orange.
    Still wouldn't change the fact that kind of spell-changing effects should be accessible through talents, glyphs or artifact traits and not RNG roulette.

The system had a potential to add depth, flavour and choice to the gameplay and ended as "some people get cool effects immediately while others wade through 8 months of near-useless crap".

Also shows that Blizzard ran out of ideas and while some legendaries have interesting effects, some others are bland, underwhelming filler. Some of them had to be reworked multiple times. While if they cut the number of legendaries at least in half we'd get more "condensed coolness" and less generic uninspired fluff.

Talent chart suffers from the same fate, some classes have obvious filler rows, I'd hope next expansion they throw away some of the crappier talents and maybe put there some of the more interesting legendary effects as a talent instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Still wouldn't change the fact that kind of spell-changing effects should be accessible through talents, glyphs or artifact traits and not RNG roulette.

The system had a potential to add depth, flavour and choice to the gameplay and ended as "some people get cool effects immediately while others wade through 8 months of near-useless crap".

Also shows that Blizzard ran out of ideas and while some legendaries have interesting effects, some others are bland, underwhelming filler. Some of them had to be reworked multiple times. While if they cut the number of legendaries at least in half we'd get more "condensed coolness" and less generic uninspired fluff.

Talent chart suffers from the same fate, some classes have obvious filler rows, I'd hope next expansion they throw away some of the crappier talents and maybe put there some of the more interesting legendary effects as a talent instead.
    No such thing as a useless legendary. They all have their usefulness and they are much more balanced in throughput now that they have re-tuned some of the awful ones.

I got 3 25 days played though.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post

No such thing as a useless legendary. They all have their usefulness and they are much more balanced in throughput now that they have re-tuned some of the awful ones. I also find the system much more fun than boring glyphs or something. I want stuff to work towards, I don't wanna be handed everything.

So what is next. Artifact Armor sets? Artifact Tier sets? I mean what makes you think a wildly popular system like Artifact weapons wont be used more liberally in the next expansion?
    We think we climb so high, Upon the backs we've condemned ...We face our Conϛequence.

Quote Originally Posted by Concequence View Post
    So what is next. Artifact Armor sets? Artifact Tier sets? I mean what makes you think a wildly popular system like Artifact weapons wont be used more liberally in the next expansion?
    I couldn't care less, I hate the game in the state it is right now.

I couldn't care less, I hate the game in the state it is right now.
    That's cool, most of us don't. So leave us alone and go play something else.

Nah Legs are just RNG Prime Glyphs.