Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Arrow Do you want 10 man raid back?

Hello folks,
    Do you want 10 man raid back to WoW for [Mythic] Progression or not if "not" please provide us your reasons. :)
    Last edited by Legacywow; 2017-06-17 at 12:00 AM.

I think 40 man raids would be nice...

15+ Year Old Account
    Didt feel like a "raid" with only 10ppl, 20ppl feels better
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    While I'd like it for my own selfish reasons (mostly in how its much easier to find 10 people who are decent and show up on time vs. 20) I feel like the 20 person system allows blizzard to make encounters more interesting, with possible required classes (Blast Furnace mythic required a priest for mind control, Mannoroth basically required a DK for mass grip, etc).

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Will never happen
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

no, lowest id ever want to go back to is 15, but i like 20. makes balance easier because its reasonable to assume every class is represented

Why no question mark at end of that title :/

7+ Year Old Account
    Sure, if they made 10 man raids again. Having 10 man raiding as mythic is just gonna mess up balance and open up the flood-gates for flex, which is also quite bad.

We don't really need mythic 10 man. If you want to do mythic and can't get 20 people together, then you already wiped on the first boss.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    Why no question mark at end of that title :/
    Thank you Xjev I have already correct it.

I fixed the topic itself for you - ML
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2017-06-17 at 01:06 AM.

I had a lot of fun with 25-man progression in TBC. I'd like to go back to something like that again.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    While I'd like it for my own selfish reasons (mostly in how its much easier to find 10 people who are decent and show up on time vs. 20) I feel like the 20 person system allows blizzard to make encounters more interesting, with possible required classes (Blast Furnace mythic required a priest for mind control, Mannoroth basically required a DK for mass grip, etc).
    Yes Phookah I see too many guilds are struggling now with their main members and they always spam at general looking for more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Legacywow View Post
    Hello folks,
    Do you want 10 man raid back to WoW for [Mythic] Progression or not if "not" please provide us your reasons.
    No, it's unnecessary, harder to balance properly, leads to unimaginative stale raid design, and isn't anything like as epic as 20 man.

What is really needed is an in game system for recruiting that is comprehensive, easy to use and leaves guilds less reliant on trade spam and 3rd party websites in order that guilds are easier to form and sustain.

Oh, no. 10 man raiding was fun when there was no raid-difficulty other than the set up of said raid (can you imagine 30 people Karazhan?)
    What I would like is to have either scenarios or dungeons with more than 5 people, up to 10. But a fixed number - have it be Mythic only whatever. It would be fun to have a smaller-size PvE setup to fuck with, imo.
    ... actually if only they brough scenarios back that would be cool, I thought the were so fresh (mechanics are much smoother nowadays so I'm sure they'd have it be even more exciting).

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Didt feel like a "raid" with only 10ppl, 20ppl feels better
    Yes, it did.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Sure, if they made 10 man raids again. Having 10 man raiding as mythic is just gonna mess up balance and open up the flood-gates for flex, which is also quite bad.

We don't really need mythic 10 man. If you want to do mythic and can't get 20 people together, then you already wiped on the first boss.
    I found the guy who plays on a high pop server.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    Yes, it did.

- - - Updated - - -

I found the guy who plays on a high pop server.
    Make a website, go to skilled raiders and recruit, merge with other guilds or just make recruitment runs on the LFG, taking the good pugs aside and asking them if they would like to join.

The last thing works especially good. Since we have connected realms, you can't just use the "im on a low pop server" as an excuse.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

I would enjoy 10-15 man mythic 20 isnt to bad but yea i miss it i enjoy flex for reg and heroic though.

If we had 10man back I could reasonably expect to raid and clear all content with my buddies without big recruitment issues. But honestly I just don't care, Blizz added 20M to create more balanced and interesting encounters, which is a good goal. Which is the lesser evil? I don't know, but I just don't care either way.

I've done a decent bit of Mythic raiding this expansion, but my guild didn't survive the recruitment boss. We rebuilt/relocated during late EN, then we had 3 related/friends players go on "holiday" at the start of Mythic Nighthold (at Krosus) for a week and they never came back, 2 of them were crucial members of our raid team and we never recovered because then more players dropped off away from the game in a chain reaction.

Of course all guilds go through issues, some are more cut out to deal with it. Our guild consisted primarily of old Hellscream players, even though we were on Tarren Mill, our tight-knit group of friends going back some as far as Vanilla was as much our strength as it was our downfall... But with 10man? Probably doable..

But like I said, Mythic exists for a reason.. You have to ask what is the lesser evil, I'm not sure 10man is that answer.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Not for mythic, no. Too many classes and specs; too many issues with balancing encounters and the rest to keep the raid sizes relatively equal in difficulty. Adding 10-man Mythic would mostly stir up dust and compromise design of current Mythic raids.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2017-06-17 at 12:37 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Used to Raid 10 Man Progression, it was a lot more fun than 25 and felt more like a little family. Also due to being just 10 everyone knew eachothers actions. I also liked that there was no room for error unlike in 25 Man where you could play half sleeping.

Do i want it back? I honestly don't care anymore as i quit raiding in 2014 after 7 years non-stop ^^
    Last edited by TheDeeGee; 2017-06-17 at 03:54 AM.

Removing the 10 man option effectively killed mythic raiding on a few servers. My raid at the time was clearing then heroic SoO, which is now mythic, as soon as the pre patch for WoD hit we were stuck in a lower difficulty as were all but 1 raid on the server and they ended up transferring off to another. WoD was some of the worst raiding I have done for the sole reason we were stuck in a lower difficulty only because of the limits of the server and it's population. Blizzard has their reasons, but for myself and the raid I was in it was a death sentence. In the end Blizzard made money off of it as more of us paid to move to other servers to keep on doing mythic raids. Further growing the problem on my old server and paying Blizzard to shit on some of the players.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."