Page 9 of 60 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralgarog View Post
    Hi. I have a gun in my glove compartment. I am going to reach for it okay?
    >Officer: Don't reach for that gun
    Gonna get the gun is that okay?
    >Officer: Do not reach for the gun?
    lol why not? *reaches for gun*
    >Gets shot
    >Dies
    >World thinks officer murdered him because he's black.

Okay.
    More like

Officer: I need your license and registration.
    Driver: Ok, just so you know I am licensed and have a gun on me.
    Officer: DON'T REACH FOR IT *fires*
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    you mean the video that his GF posted all over facebook.
    The video only shows the aftermath, and it shows an officer who is on the verge of tears and obviously extremely upset and scared. A terrible accident, but I side with the jury as well since they had all the evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Krastyn View Post
    it in fact does matter. Just because there is a family in the car does not give you the ability to do whatever you want. If you're told "Do not reach for that", you don't reach for that, especially after saying you have a gun.
    He didn't reach for his gun.
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    They had no drugs on them. He had some THC in his system, which can be from a very long time ago. It's fucking marijuana, not meth.
    She admits to either carrying drugs or them being on drugs. Both are ways that make it illegal to carry a firearm even with a permit. Regardless of what drug it is, the law is the law. Like I said, it shouldn't have been a death sentence, but I thought it interesting that no one reported the fact that in this case, he was carrying illegally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi. I have a gun in my glove compartment. I am going to reach for it okay?
    >Officer: Don't reach for that gun
    Gonna get the gun is that okay?
    >Officer: Do not reach for the gun?
    lol why not? *reaches for gun*
    >Gets shot
    >Dies
    >World thinks officer murdered him because he's black.

Okay.
    Except that is not what happened.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

It was suicide by cops, filmed from the beginning to the end by his girlfriend. End of story. It was all about money.

But you are free to think whatever you want to think. That is the beauty of this much maligned country. No one will persecute you for thinking differently.

The video of the incident opens with the passenger stating he was asked for his ID.
    Right. The passenger of the victim, after it happens, saying the cop asked for ID. Considering there is audio of the actual exchange, and the gunfire, I'll trust that audio over the passenger's testimony.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    She admits to either carrying drugs or them being on drugs. Both are ways that make it illegal to carry a firearm even with a permit. Regardless of what drug it is, the law is the law. Like I said, it shouldn't have been a death sentence, but I thought it interesting that no one reported the fact that in this case, he was carrying illegally.
    That's not how it works. You don't get charged with criminal possession of a weapon just because you had drugs in the same place at some point in time. By that logic, every time the police go into a house and find a bong, they can charge you with criminal possession of a weapon if there is also a shotgun somewhere in the house.
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandraudiga View Post
    The video only shows the aftermath, and it shows an officer who is on the verge of tears and obviously extremely upset and scared. A terrible accident, but I side with the jury as well since they had all the evidence.
    Me too I think Casey Anthony should open a daycare center what would be a good name.

Right. The passenger of the victim, after it happens, saying the cop asked for ID. Considering there is audio of the actual exchange, and the gunfire, I'll trust that audio over the passenger's testimony.
    There is not audio of the actual exchange.
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    The YouTube video posted not working for you?
    You mean the video that takes place after the shooting? I'll take audio of the event over video after the fact.

- - - Updated - - -

There is not audio of the actual exchange.
    According to?

The story specifically states that fact.

You mean the video that takes place after the shooting? I'll take audio of the event over video after the fact.
    There is no audio of the event.
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by newyorkerr View Post
    It was suicide by cops, filmed from the beginning to the end by his girlfriend. End of story. It was all about money.

But you are free to think whatever you want to think. That is the beauty of this much maligned country. No one will persecute you for thinking differently.
    That's unfortunate because the people excusing this cop should have to go through the same kind of bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

According to?

The story specifically states that fact.
    No, you are basically just repeating the defense's argument.
    -ynnady

That's not how it works. You don't get charged with criminal possession of a weapon just because you had drugs in the same place at some point in time. By that logic, every time the police go into a house and find a bong, they can charge you with criminal possession of a weapon if there is also a shotgun somewhere in the house.
    Yes, you can. Your ignorance of this subject is obvious. There is a difference between a firearm in your home loaded vs carrying a loaded firearm. The penalty is typically losing your permit and possibly to never get another one, but you can very much so tie the two together.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    Yes, you can. Your ignorance of this subject is obvious. There is a difference between a firearm in your home loaded vs carrying a loaded firearm. The penalty is typically losing your permit and possibly to never get another one, but you can very much so tie the two together.
    Losing your permit is not a weapons charge. It is a penalty for improper use of the weapon. It is not illegal possession of a firearm to have your permit revoked, unless you get caught with it afterward.
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Was your grandfather reaching for the glove compartment while he was saying it?

Do you not understand why this makes a difference?
    Literally was rummaging through the glove compartment.

- - - Updated - - -

That is what happened physically.

You are attempting to project the intent of the guy shot and the intent of the police officer and as such you are setting up a structure where the guy shot is considered virtuous and the guy who shot is considered malevolent.

The belief structure you are applying to this assumes that you are 100% right and everybody else is wrong and your morality is structured around vindicating your actions instead of seeking truth, honesty and justice.
    "Truth honesty and justice" while defending a government agent executing a citizen for legally having a firearm. That's beautiful.
    -ynnady

Since you are the one who is carrying, yes, take extreme care.
    i think it's only fair.
    Yes officer I have a gun
    What so you want me to do?

Besides how many officers were shot during "mundane" traffic stop?

Quote Originally Posted by newyorkerr View Post
    Since you are the one who is carrying, yes, take extreme care.
    i think it's only fair.
    Yes officer I have a gun
    What so you want me to do?

Besides how many officers were shot during "mundane" traffic stop?
    Very, very, very few. Being a police officer is not a particularly dangerous job. That's a common misconception.
    -ynnady