Page 13 of 60 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krastyn View Post
    Yes. There is actual audio recordings backing up the fact that the final exchange was the officer telling him not to reach for his gun, and then shooting him seconds later.

Can you link please?

Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    I laugh every time some western clown spew shit about "police brutality" in other countries. No, my dear western TV-zombie, this wouldn't happen in Russia. In fact vast majority of cops here are simply unarmed. And when they are armed, every fucking shot causes so much paperwork and possible huge fines, so nobody in the right mind would even reach for firearms unless you literally assault some shooter who barricaded himself somewhere and randomly shots at any passerby.

You can easily find Youtube videos of Russian cops standing against people trying to run them over or even shooting at them and NOT shooting back. That's why pretty much every post like your, Anon56, just reassures me that western audience is indeed shallow and clueless clowns ready and EAGER to eat whatever shit their mass media pours at them and then to go spewing it around.

Do me a favor: go to google and type "american cop shot" and "russian cop shot". Compare results. Are you man enough to admit you've fucked up after that?
    That's the case for pretty much the entire developed world.... except the US.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Can you link please?
    Well, there's the OP's initial link.

Or you can take https://www.rt.com/usa/391765-castil...testimony-gun/
    or http://www.news1130.com/2017/06/06/g...fies-in-trial/

Take your pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    I expect the civilian to understand that you don't mention a fucking gun WHILE reaching for ANYTHING.

Seriously, what's so fucking hard for you to understand about this? Regardless of the cop was quick to act or the guy didn't have time to react to his commands himself doesn't change the fact that he fucked up and handled the situation incorrectly by not informing the cop about the gun and keeping his hands visible until receiving instructions. Everything else is irrelevant.
    As I've said before, if you truly believe that, and executions like this really make you as happy as this apparently does, then MOVE to a despotic third world shithole. The police in lots of third world countries act like this and you would love it. Check out Saudi Arabia, they've even got public beheadings. What I want you to stop doing is turning my developed, free nation into one of those despotic third world shitholes. I'm not interested in that. I want to live in a civilized nation. You don't. Great, MOVE. There are plenty of authoritarian governments right up your alley. Just go to one of those and you'll get all the state-sponsored violence you need to get you hard.
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    The bullet wounds indicate his hand was on his left side, not his right side where the gun was.

The cop immediately pulled out a gun and started screaming at him not to grab the gun, which likely confused and startled him since he wasn't reaching for it, but now apparently it is an execution-worthy offense to be frightened by someone pointing a gun at you.

What's amazing is the hypocrisy here. You guys want the police officer, the person with all the power in the situation, to be looked at sympathetically for having some kind of metldown panic attack because someone said the word gun. Meanwhile, you expect the civilian to respond immediately and correctly to a gun being shoved in his face and being screamed at.
    Its pretty simple. Probably the simplest thing, a proper interaction with police. Well a non-idiot interaction anyways, since a proper interaction is yes sir no sir thank you sir, but we all know idiots are incapable of that so I will skip that (and now you respond with the typical SJW "Amg why would I call the cop sir!? Why would I respect a pig!?".

You ready?

Here it goes.

Super duper in depth guide on how to deal with police:

Just stop what you are doing.

Are you running? Just stop...
    Are you running your mouth? Just stop...
    Are you acting suspiciously? Just stop...
    Are you ignoring lawful commands? Just stop...
    Are you reaching for your pockets? Just stop...

If you literally just sit or stand still preferably with your hands where an officer can see them... There is a 99.99% chance that legitimately nothing will happen to you (other than your arrest if you are a criminal or if you are suspicious enough for them to have probable cause).

And if you are magically part of the .01% who, due to NOTHING on their part, have their rights violated by police in the form of some kind of abuse. Well you just won the fucking lottery because you are in for a couple million dollars in reparations for your trouble.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahulk View Post
    Oh my god, do the same thing if he was white? but race have nothing to do with it?
    Firing 7 shots at the man makes it murder on my book...
    ya he probably would do the same thing if he was white.

I don't care about your asinine anecdotal arguments. Please move on from them.
    That's not an argument. That's an observation, from someone who hasn't lived a sheltered bubble-life (I know it when I see it).
    -ynnady

The stop was carried out as a traffic stop. There are actually different, more cautious protocols for stopping someone suspected of a violent crime, and that's not what was carried out here.
    From the OP story:
    Prosecutors portrayed Yanez as a nervous officer who lost control of his traffic stop. He was too quick to pull the trigger after learning Castile had a gun, based on an unreasonable suspicion that he was a robbery suspect, they said.
    So yes, the initial stop was for a traffic violation (broken tail light). From there though, Yanez (rightly or wrongly, I haven't seen a sketch of the suspect beside Castile) though he could have been a robbery suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Its pretty simple. Probably the simplest thing, a proper interaction with police. Well a non-idiot interaction anyways, since a proper interaction is yes sir no sir thank you sir, but we all know idiots are incapable of that so I will skip that (and now you respond with the typical SJW "Amg why would I call the cop sir!? Why would I respect a pig!?".

You ready?

Here it goes.

Super duper in depth guide on how to deal with police:

Just stop what you are doing.

Are you running? Just stop...
    Are you running your mouth? Just stop...
    Are you acting suspiciously? Just stop...
    Are you ignoring lawful commands? Just stop...
    Are you reaching for your pockets? Just stop...

If you literally just sit or stand still preferably with your hands where an officer can see them... There is a 99.99% chance that legitimately nothing will happen to you (other than your arrest if you are a criminal or if you are suspicious enough for them to have probable cause).

And if you are magically part of the .01% who, due to NOTHING on their part, have their rights violated by police in the form of some kind of abuse. Well you just won the fucking lottery because you are in for a couple million dollars in reparations for your trouble.
    He was told to stop reaching for his gun, and since he was not, he was in compliance with that order.
    -ynnady

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krastyn View Post
    Well, there's the OP's initial link.

Or you can take https://www.rt.com/usa/391765-castil...testimony-gun/
    or http://www.news1130.com/2017/06/06/g...fies-in-trial/

Take your pick.

I just read both of them. I must be missing it.

Can you quote where it says he told him not to reach?

LOL

You won the internet!!!

So now you think you're being clever with subtle insults?

I've been stopped a few times with my gun on me. Know what I don't do? Move my hands out of visibility until instructed to do so or the cop disarms me. Both have happened.
    Good for you. I've been in warzones. I've been shot. I've been arrested by law enforcement in countries that don't really even have laws. Nobody I've run into is as high-strung or violence prone as the average western keyboard warrior in his little bubble.
    -ynnady

So now you think you're being clever with subtle insults?

I've been stopped a few times with my gun on me. Know what I don't do? Move my hands out of visibility until instructed to do so or the cop disarms me. Both have happened.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't know what he was reaching for. At the time, the cop couldn't know what he was reaching for. That's the point. Just because after the fact we might know his gun was in a different pocket and now we know he wasn't reaching for it doesn't magically reverse time and allow the cop to know that he wasn't reaching for it.
    You could literally say this in any situation. If a police officer doesn't know what someone is doing and gets confused, he can execute them JUST IN CASE.

Do you know how many people German police killed in 2017? I think it was 7, and they fired a grand total of somewhere around 50 bullets in the entire country. It's not that fucking hard to not execute everyone that frightens you.
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    I just read both of them. I must be missing it.

Can you quote where it says he told him not to reach?
    Sure.

From the OP's link:
    An audio recording captured Castile telling Yanez he had a gun in the car, and the officer telling Castile not to reach for it. Seconds later, Yanez opened fire.

Are you really so arrogant as to believe that if someone pulled a gun on you and started screaming at you to stop doing something you weren't doing, you'd respond exactly within seconds?
    -ynnady

Found it in this source.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/16/us/phi...ict/index.html

- - - Updated - - -

So you're just going to keep to insults since you have no real argument? lol you can kindly fuck off now. Thanks for playing.
    There's not an argument here. There are people who believe in civilized society and people who just plain do not.
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    He was told to stop reaching for his gun, and since he was not, he was in compliance with that order.
    Saying this over and over doesn't make the guy any less at fault.

For the same reason why officers are acquitted for shooting people who are entirely UNARMED because they kept reaching for their pockets when lawfully ordered to stop.

Because it doesn't matter what you are reaching for. You are reaching. And continuing to reach when told to stop, even if you don't even have a weapon, is a clear threat because the police DON'T FUCKING KNOW WHAT YOU ARE REACHING FOR, but they do know that you are ignoring their commands to stop. They aren't omniscient, they don't have x-ray vision.

A cop's life isn't (potentially) forfeit to give idiots the benefit of the doubt. Especially when the entire situation could be avoided by the idiots not doing idiotic things in the first place.

If a police officer has a reasonable expectation that the person is armed, which he did, and that person doesn't have his hands visible after being commanded to make them visible then he can shoot them.

Stop misusing the word execute. You clearly don't know what it means.
    Yeah, that's not how real life works. You can't just pull a gun, start screaming, and expect that suddenly the person you are pointing the gun at is going to calmly and quickly comply, especially when you are ordering them to stop doing something they aren't doing. That's not real. That's a fantasy. I don't know how many times you've had a gun pointed at you, but I've had it a number of times and that's just not how it works. You panic, you freeze, your adrenaline pumps, sometimes your vision gets blurry. The confusion can take minutes to wear off. That's how it works in the real world, and I know it can be tough reconciling authoritarian fantasies with reality, but that's reality.

- - - Updated - - -

Really doesn't matter. He shouldn't have been reaching for anything after announcing he has a gun. The guy even had enough time to react and say, "I'm not pulling it out" after being told to stop reaching. He should have just stopped instead of trying to reassure him and expecting the cop to take his word for it.

- - - Updated - - -

This has nothing to do with being in a civilized society or not. Cop had a reasonable belief he was armed (he told him he was armed). Cop told him to stop reaching, he refused. Cop shoots him.

Do you have an argument or not?
    Cop told him to stop reaching for a gun, which he wasn't doing, and shot him within seconds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Saying this over and over doesn't make the guy any less at fault.

For the same reason why officers are acquitted for shooting people who are entirely UNARMED because they kept reaching for their pockets when lawfully ordered to stop.

Because it doesn't matter what you are reaching for. You are reaching. And continuing to reach when told to stop, even if you don't even have a weapon, is a clear threat because the police DON'T FUCKING KNOW WHAT YOU ARE REACHING FOR, but they do know that you are ignoring their commands to stop. They aren't omniscient, they don't have x-ray vision.

A cop's life isn't (potentially) forfeit to give idiots the benefit of the doubt. Especially when the entire situation could be avoided by the idiots not doing idiotic things in the first place.
    it's amazing the rest of the entire developed world can somehow get by without executing people for these things, but somehow the United States is special and police need to execute people constantly in order to be "safe".
    -ynnady

I don't understand why people wait until the cop is by their window to get their wallets out. You have plenty of time to pull it out before he even gets out of his car. I've been pulled over a couple of times for speeding when I was younger, and they can take a while to get to your window. Just have everything in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    I laugh every time some western clown spew shit about "police brutality" in other countries. No, my dear western TV-zombie, this wouldn't happen in Russia. In fact vast majority of cops here are simply unarmed. And when they are armed, every fucking shot causes so much paperwork and possible huge fines, so nobody in the right mind would even reach for firearms unless you literally assault some shooter who barricaded himself somewhere and randomly shots at any passerby.

You can easily find Youtube videos of Russian cops standing against people trying to run them over or even shooting at them and NOT shooting back. That's why pretty much every post like your, Anon56, just reassures me that western audience is indeed shallow and clueless clowns ready and EAGER to eat whatever shit their mass media pours at them and then to go spewing it around.

Do me a favor: go to google and type "american cop shot" and "russian cop shot". Compare results. Are you man enough to admit you've fucked up after that?

-----

Uh, and after reading this thread and seeing how much people write literally "you deserve to be shot if you do not follow every government order" I'm not really sure why same people even have audacity to say anything about "authoritarian regime" or "police state" in other countries in other discussions at all. Hello! YOU are living in one. And it seems you enjoy it.
    yeah right..

the cops who make their living by fining everyone and their mother as an extracurricular activity?

go back to your hole and stop bringing russian corruption cases as an example of good behavior.