Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Playing around with a few sims, an 880 BTI is 15K+ more DPS than a 890 COF. I'm also seeing some places suggest a claw enchant on your neck in place of Satyr.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pundit View Post
    Playing around with a few sims, an 880 BTI is 15K+ more DPS than a 890 COF. I'm also seeing some places suggest a claw enchant on your neck in place of Satyr.
    With EotN/gloves and LS/AS/Tempest/CS/ES the claw enchant is a 7k dps loss for me.

Also, I'm toying with the combo of an 880 arcano/895 CoF/910 entwined elemental eoci and the CoF isn't matching up to the arcano/eef combo it's more than a 10k loss.

Are wolves just not that strong anymore?
    Last edited by mmoccad4d490dd; 2017-06-15 at 05:48 PM.

Well, in my case it seems anything with Haste is a huge gain since I'm using HH/HS/ES with EotN and Akainu's, and I'm sitting at only 15% unbuffed haste as a result. BTI, my 880 Angerboda, and my 865 Arcano all sim significantly higher than my 890 COF and even my 920 Frond.

For single target though, it's crazy. On ST farm bosses I can stay within a consistent 975K-1M DPS

Hey guys,

I've just drop the new legend gloves. I got the bracer ring combo as for now that is equiped... I saw some guides, saying the gloves was exceptionnal ( as of wordup in icy veins) ... but since only 2 legend can be equiped, what 2 should you choose? Anyone have tested it yet?

Thx

Ok I've found a major bug that is kind of a B*tch... If you make and use a macro like this one

#showtooltip
    /cast Ascendance
    /cast Doom Winds
    /cast Stormstrike

Then you'll just get a 12sec cooldown on windstrike, and guess what? Even if you get a stormbringer proc, it won't reset the cooldown
    I've suffered from that stupid mistake on a few pulls and I got really angry ^^ Anyway, stay away from this and everything's cool
    Last edited by Skildar; 2017-06-16 at 06:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    Ok I've found a major bug that is kind of a B*tch... If you make and use a macro like this one

#showtooltip
    /cast Ascendance
    /cast Doom Winds
    /cast Stormstrike

Then you'll just get a 12sec cooldown on windstrike, and guess what? Even if you get a stormbringer proc, it won't reset the cooldown
    I've suffered from that stupid mistake on a few pulls and it got really angry ^^ Anyway, stay away from this and everything's cool
    Yeah I got this bug even without the macro from using everything to fast. Sucked real bad, hope they fix it soon. I've only done it twice but now I'm paranoid that I will do it every time

#showtooltip
    /cast Ascendance
    /cast Doom Winds
    /cast Stormstrike

I've suffered from that stupid mistake on a few pulls and it got really angry ^^ Anyway, stay away from this and everything's cool
    This... I noticed this too but couldn't figure out what was causing the cooldown. Thank you for figuring it out!
    ------------------------------------

I feel like with this patch, the amount of DPS I "feel" like I should be pulling given the gear level. On my mage with slightly lower gear level, I was pulling 550k - 600k DPS. I'm now on the shaman pulling anywhere from 600-700k. So I think it's definitely inline with what other classes are doing now. Also, it's MUCH less streaky now and the play style feels much smoother.

Deleted

#showtooltip
    /cast Ascendance
    /cast Doom Winds
    /cast Stormstrike

I've suffered from that stupid mistake on a few pulls and I got really angry ^^ Anyway, stay away from this and everything's cool

dont use stormstrike in your macro. use windstrikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Einst3in View Post
    dont use stormstrike in your macro. use windstrikes.
    If i remember correctly , last time i made a macro like that just using stormstrike in the macro automatically turns it into windstrikes even just leaving it stormstrike.

Quote Originally Posted by Wowforlife79 View Post
    If i remember correctly , last time i made a macro like that just using stormstrike in the macro automatically turns it into windstrikes even just leaving it stormstrike.
    That's correct. The issue seems to be that the Ascendance effect is "sluggish" and not instantaneous. The 80% CDR on Stormstrike is tied to the Wind Strike ability itself. The sluggish delay in replacing SS with Wind Strike means that a macro (or fast button presses) will result in the player using Stormstrike right after they hit Ascendance, instead of Wind Strike.

As a result they get the full fucking cooldown.

This can be avoided the following ways:

1. Make sure an SB proc is up before using said macro or pressing said buttons quickly. The SB proc itself will not be a Wind Strike, but you still have the base SS that will have the correctly reduced cooldown.

2. Remove Ascendance from the macro and press it separately. And, even then, make sure you press it most of the GCD before you attempt to hit DW+SS.

3. Take a different talent.

Hopefully Blizzard fixes Ascendance to transform SS into WS instantly.

Sidenote: even if you hit the bug and get the full cooldown, if you proc SB afterwards it will reset appropriately and you can faceroll from there. But, that's RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by EasymodeX View Post
    Damn that's a great solution, please share with us more of your pro tips...

Quote Originally Posted by EasymodeX View Post
    Sidenote: even if you hit the bug and get the full cooldown, if you proc SB afterwards it will reset appropriately and you can faceroll from there. But, that's RNG.
    Actually no If you get the proc it doesn't reset as I've stated before...
    Last edited by Skildar; 2017-06-16 at 06:51 PM.

Damn that's a great solution, please share with us more of your pro tips...
    Are the others talents really not worth them ? I'm currently using ES...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    If you don't use Boulderfist, you are fine
    "Man knows - he knows that nothing will begin unless he speaks. And nothing will change, unless he knows."

Quote Originally Posted by Xanda View Post
    If you don't use Boulderfist, you are fine
    Actually, boulderfist is in the same talent row now with Earthen Spike. And I also believe boulderfist's tooltip changed, but I'm not sure.

Actually, boulderfist is in the same talent row now with Earthen Spike. And I also believe boulderfist's tooltip changed, but I'm not sure.
    Yes boulderfist was reworked to reduce the cooldown on rockbiter by 15% and increase the damage of this spell by 20%. It is still a strong talent but Ascendance can provide you burst damage, something that is direly needed on progression, and ES provides you with a strong consistent damage output.
    In the end Ascendance and ES are close and pulling ahead of boulderfist, so depending on your guild's gear and progression, you can very well keep the talent of your flavour [Asc/ES] whatever the boss fight.

Deleted
    Hey, have been playing my alt spec as Enh, having a ton of fun. Is there anywhere reliable to get decent relics from? A specific M+ for e.g

That seems to be hardest part of maintaining an alt/alt spec.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Theyre both viable. ES tends to come a ahead in fights with priority adds due to its short CD burstiness.

However, Im using Akainu + Twisting Nether so with Hot Hands and Hailstorm in the rotation I found Earthen Spike to be extremely cumbersome.

Deleted

Horde Earthen Spike, generally not Ascendence build

What im thinking, which will be a Mastery > Haste (Haste > Mastery up to 25%) > Versitility >~ Crit.
    This is heavely focused on Maelstrom generation and usage by spell rotations.
    Use Soul of the Farseer and go for Tempest / Overcharge for the start of tomb, then swap back over to Tempest / Empowered Stormlash when you get the Tier 4 bonus.
    Also, go for Akainu's wrists for the +50% dmg on Lava Lash since it will be a stronger option then RNG bullshit (in my opinion), especially since you will focus more on haste and regaining Maelstom, lleaving more Lava Lashes and Stormstrike in generall.

A minus to this is that your burst will be kinda weak since its a heavy setup build, but can simply be worked around since you wither go for ES and play around it with Rockbiter / Stomstrike (Even when not procced) and keeping the Flametounge buff up for the stacks.
    When ES buff is not on the target, take w/e stacks of Lashing Flames (after apllying Frostbrand) and nuke it with lava lash, when a proc in stormlash is gained, take the stormlash proc and then go back to lava lash, untill ES is up.
    Here im not sure of which of Ancestral Swifness and Hailstorm is the best, since the Mastery of this tier is kinda... underwhelming and would lead to stacking crappy crit leaving options, se neck choices later.
    In my opinion i'd say Ancestestral Swiftness will work better with lower Mastery and get many attacks out, while with the NH neck go for Hailstorm and rely on hitting harder.

This is an interesting rotation, and will rely less on RNG (even tho stormstrikes are nice). Also, with this, since you're using this rotation a good build (that i think of gear is):

What i think should be recomended for this spellrotation [haste focused for Maelstrom and generall spam + the mastery items are generally shit in ToS, even tho i'd love input since i'd love more mastery, but not to the extra cost of crit as all of this ToS got ] :

Head: Helmet of the Skybreaker (Tier 20) - Demonic Inqusition
    Neck: String of Splintered Souls / Zealous Timestone Pendant (First one for Ancestral Swiftness, Timestone for Hailstorm)
    Shoulders: Mantle of Warding Radiance (Sisters of the moon)
    Chest: Harness of the Skybreaker
    Hands: Grips of the Skybreaker
    Wrist: Akainu's Absolute Justice
    Waist: Waistguard of Intermiable Unity
    Legs: Legguards of the Skybreaker
    Boots: Insulated Finpads
    Ring 1: Soul of the Farseer
    Ring 2: Scaled Band of Servitude
    Trinket 1: Convergence of Fates (Time to farm NH Mythic for Titanforged, boys!)
    Trinket 2: Craddle of Anguish

For a total of:
    Agility: +20321 (not included +2650 of Craddle)
    Haste: 9690 = 25.83% Haste (- Ancestral Swiftness + Hailstorm)
    Mastery: 7755 = 16.00% + 38.51% (54,51%)
    Crit: 2823 = 7.05%
    Versitility: 2318 = 4,88% Increased dmg
    Also these stats are with ilvl 940 wrist / ring, so recon a small boost in Mastery and Haste (Maybe ~1% crit and <0.5% haste)

Deleted
    Is there a haste cap/floor?

I have decided to reroll Resto to Enh for ToS (I am bored of healing and Enh seems like it will do solid damage + I find the playstyle very fun). I feel like my crit is way to high at the moment.

I got 69% Mastery, 30% Crit, 25% Haste. I am going to be going for Mastery/Haste gear going forward, I also have no leggo's yet. I am using a Resto one as a stat stick but this is really impacting me obviously. My damage is still reasonable though, able to pull 500-600k fairly comfortably on single target and 900k on Scorp or short fights.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Will the weekly chest drop 905ilevel or 915?