Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Unpopular opinion on here, I know, but I don't think we should be able to own pittbulls anymore. We've proven we can't be responsible with such a powerful breed, and it's been at the cost of others. Some countries have bans in place, and I applaud them for doing so. I'm glad they've been banned on US Military Bases.
    So because some people are clearly morons and cannot be trusted with these dogs, we should ban them? If we go along with this can we also ban these same people from reproducing? I would be willing to give up that right for the sake of thinning the human herd of stupidity within a generation.
    I have been chosen by the big metal hand in the sky!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foaming Clean View Post
    31 dog related fatalities in 2016!? They're going to catch up to kitchen spills in no time, who's with me on nationwide culling? /s
    Here you go, why don't you tell this little girl how insignificant she is and how your precious dog breed is so great.
    <snip>

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by majesta View Post
    So because some people are clearly morons and cannot be trusted with these dogs, we should ban them? If we go along with this can we also ban these same people from reproducing? I would be willing to give up that right for the sake of thinning the human herd of stupidity within a generation.
    I fucking agree. I hate overpopulation. Put regulations on human breeding as well.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-06-17 at 02:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Title should really read "All dogs are violent dogs". With the addendum that the circumstances just have to be right.
    Not really.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatal_..._United_States

7+ Year Old Account
    Title should really read "All dogs are violent dogs". With the addendum that the circumstances just have to be right.
    You should really read about the evidence. Instead of pulling opinion out of your ass.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pit bulls are the red sports car of animal companions. Not everybody who owns one is going to be a douche bag, cutting through traffic before rear-ending you, but a lot of people who enjoy doing that shit are going to want the right accompaniment.
    /\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.

This doesn't say what I assume you think it says. Mentioning only fatal attacks means nothing.

If you provoke any dog, it will get violent. Telling me that isn't true just because people have died to more Pit bull attacks than other breeds is just silly.
    You can't say things like "all dogs are violent" like that is the whole story. Obviously there are differences in bite statistics/fatalities at current.

Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    Here you go, why don't you tell this little girl how insignificant she is and how your precious dog breed is so great.
    <snip>

- - - Updated - - -

I fucking agree. I hate overpopulation. Put regulations on human breeding as well.

[Infracted]
    1. I didn't single out a dog breed, that's across all breeds in the USA.

2. Is your point that fatalities from kitchen slips aren't graphic enough to care about? They kill far more children than dogs.
    Last edited by Foaming Clean; 2017-06-17 at 03:06 AM.

Everyones always whining about pit bulls being dangerous, but whenever I go out i don't ever think "does that pitbull have a gun?".
    Do something about the violent hairless monkeys with the shoes and pants and what not, then we can talk about petty shit like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ujx View Post
    This thread is racist and xenophobic against pitbulls. Not all pitbulls are violent, therefore you are a bigot.
    Hmmm, breedist?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Always funny to see the people here who say that they own a pitbull or know someone who owns a pitbull and they are all nice, that's nice, you know that people own lions and tigers that are nice as well, until something goes wrong...
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    You can't say things like "all dogs are violent" like that is the whole story. Obviously there are differences in bite statistics/fatalities at current.
    The root of the problem usually isn't the dogs themselves though, it's the shit-for-brains meatsacks who owns them. of course, sometimes a pit/staffie will attack just because, but that's more or less at the same rate as -any- other dog breed. Otherwise it's down to circumstances and 'parenting' of the animal...

We are responsible for the dog being able to live relatively in harmony with humanity. Some people who aquire pits/staffies do so with ill intent from the start. That ain't no fault of the dog...

PS; I'm not saying all pit-owners are dumbasses, that'd be ludicrous, but the owners of problem dogs are more often than not the problem, not the dog itself.
    Last edited by Halyon; 2017-06-17 at 03:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Unless you're a small child I doubt a pitbull will kill you
    I guess you have never seen videos of a pitbull attacking someone, lets just say that there is a reason why they are feared.

Let me link some videos to LiveLeak for you.

How Many People Are Required To Stop A Pitbull ?
    https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=7a0_1493832677

There are 4 guys trying to get the dog to let go off another dog and it takes them some time.

Woman mauled by Pitbull [VERY GRAPHIC][NSFW]
    https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=7fc_1476474882

The dog doesn't even stop after having been shot 5 times with a shotgun

And you think that a pitbull can only kill a child, that's hilarious.
    Last edited by Torched; 2017-06-17 at 06:45 AM.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    Always funny to see the people here who say that they own a pitbull or know someone who owns a pitbull and they are all nice, that's nice, you know that people own lions and tigers that are nice as well, until something goes wrong...
    Did you know that just by someone being born in the State of Louisiana they are roughly 20 times more likely to murder a person than a Pitbull? It's a shame because I really like Cajun food.
    Last edited by Foaming Clean; 2017-06-17 at 03:24 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Hmmm, breedist?
    Breed is unfairly judgmental. Aren't we all just vulnerable creatures in the hands of god at the end of the day? What were we tlaking about?
    /\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.

Pittbulls, Rots, and German Shepherds are actually the top 3 most patient dogs. The amount of prodding, abuse, and neglect to make these dogs violent (outside of training) is astronomical. If toy poodles were 50lbs and made of pure muscle, they'd be at the top of the list too, especially if the majority of Toy Poodle owners were trailer park or ghetto trash.

When I was a kid I jokingly socked my friend in the shoulder in front of his Pit Bull, that thing went Berserk. They are aggressively sweet though.

ive raised a pitbull before all different breeds have different temperaments. When an owner breeds a dog in general, in the enviroment that its raised in can effect the temperment or if they mistreated the puppies to fear humans. Some people buy dogs not knowing if it was abused or wasnt raised in a correct enviroment. Most of the time its humans that are to blame for how a dog reacts in situations.

Some breeds are harder to train then others. if you arent expierenced trainer its most likley to have bad behaviors. Then when the dog attacks or lashes out from a enviroment its been put in that it doesnt know. They will go of base instincts and try to protect themselves from danger or social interactions they dont know how to cope with.

You cant always blame a dog for its behaviors because it reflects its training and interactions based on how it is raised. Lack of training in food guarding in a kitchen lets say and the dog sits there and watches the kids. The kid grabs food from the counter and the dogs go protective over it because the owner let the dog in the kitchen thinking it has free reign over the house and food.

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    A lot of it is cognitive dissonance by pit bull owners. I know one who got a pit as a puppy, she works in veterinary medicine and has spent a bunch of money on behavioral training because the dog has always had behavioral issues. Has to put the dog up every time she has visitors, growls the whole time company is there. But if you talk to her about pits, she'll always go on and on about how they're the sweetest dogs, ignoring the fact that she is an actual veterinarian with extensive experience around animals who couldn't socialize her own pit bull properly.

I also think there are a lot of sweet pit bulls, but then there are those with behavior problems.

Sounds like this fooliah prick needs to watch pitbulls and paroles
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    A lot of it is cognitive dissonance by pit bull owners. I know one who got a pit as a puppy, she works in veterinary medicine and has spent a bunch of money on behavioral training because the dog has always had behavioral issues. Has to put the dog up every time she has visitors, growls the whole time company is there. But if you talk to her about pits, she'll always go on and on about how they're the sweetest dogs, ignoring the fact that she is an actual veterinarian with extensive experience around animals who couldn't socialize her own pit bull properly.

I also think there are a lot of sweet pit bulls, but then there are those with behavior problems.
    So you concluded it's the breed despite your friend? Did you happen to inform her she was enabling a monster with facts?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    Sounds like this fooliah prick needs to watch pitbulls and paroles
    Pittbulls and paroles Isn't going to help a dog normally associated with criminals.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis