Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Not even close, fire is still DOA when you factor in the fights in ToS. Mages as a whole will be on the bottom half of damage over all. It is unfortunate, but hopefully it changes.

- - - Updated - - -

Fire is a country mile from being the best spec even with the 3% buff.
    Yet one of the best simc with T20 amongst all classes (altered time). You'll get fine believe me.
    I even lay down a bit my DH to climb my Frost mage gear.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's time to reroll DH...
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny McCormick View Post
    Yeah because most of them are rerolling completely.

Frost will be good in TOS because Glacial Spike is one of the best scaling builds ever created. They'll literally need to nerf it again at the end of this tier.

Frost mages will start as garbage tier and work their way up to the top of the meters at the end (when it no longer matters) and then be nerfed into the ground for Argus.

They can't do any major changes right now because Tomb isn't out yet, so they have to adjust them a bit and see how it goes. There'll be more changes when Tomb is released.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    They can't do any major changes right now because Tomb isn't out yet, so they have to adjust them a bit and see how it goes. There'll be more changes when Tomb is released.
    Yeah... sure. Worked well in NH.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny McCormick View Post
    They just nerfed DH tank damage, of all things.

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    Because it was op.

I think everyone needs to calm down about mage specs. I'm sure there will be adjustments made especially as TOS is opened. This isn't the final round of changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
    You can literally learn frost in 1 day, it is REALLY simple, especially now with double IL gone. Also it is not very legendary dependent at all, you can do fine with mediocre leggos like sephuz or belovirs.
    But how does that help Fire Mages? I'm Fire because I realy like the playstyle. I don't need to be flavor of the month on the meters, just competitive enough to not have to reroll. If I need to go frost, might as well go to another class altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    https://www.wowprogress.com/mythic_plus/eu

5 veng DH +20 12-30 minutes faster then real groups.

Do you even know anything about the current state of the game or just here to QQ about your shitty mage spec?

Quote Originally Posted by Gerryz View Post
    Never mind closing the gap with Frost.
    Worry about other classes, not Mage Specs.
    Aslong as there is 1 decent performing spec that is fine.
    Frost doesn't even come close to perform decent. the ONLY class who performs worse than frost is shadow priest.

Those buffs are a joke. 0 x 1.03 = 0

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hamp696 View Post
    https://www.wowprogress.com/mythic_plus/eu

5 veng DH +20 12-30 minutes faster then real groups.

Do you even know anything about the current state of the game or just here to QQ about your shitty mage spec?
    coming from the guy who scouts mage threads to flame mages.

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    But how does that help Fire Mages? I'm Fire because I realy like the playstyle. I don't need to be flavor of the month on the meters, just competitive enough to not have to reroll. If I need to go frost, might as well go to another class altogether.
    It doesn't help fire mages at all, if you like the playstyle then by all means play it. But fire hasn't been competitive for 6 months. If you cared about damage you would have rerolled either spec or class a long time ago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhov View Post
    Lol, frost without 2xIL is a joke.
    and the rotation of fire has always and always will be an even greater joke, the sheer existence of shimmer lancing(yes its still in) makes frost a significantly more challenging spec that fire could ever possibly become, and even without shimmer lancing there are still more things you need to keep track of than you ever woould with fire .

Fire is a country mile from being the best spec even with the 3% buff.
    Uhm... I mean the gap wasn't that far off looking at mythic logs from NH this past week at least. Taking the 75th percentile of Mythic Chronomatic for example, the buff puts fire 40k dps behind frost now and arcane was only 2k dps behind fire as well on average.

Seems to be pretty standard overall: Fire mage being roughly 40k behind frost now with the buffs. They were about 70k dps behind prior. Not sure how this changes with tomb but I wouldn't say a country mile. This is 100% playable.

- - - Updated - - -

Well it isn't the best or competitive, even with the buff.

Arc is 200,000+ dps behind on all but one target combo. So unless there are a lot of 10 mob burst phases Arc is watching from the rear even with the buff.
    Once again, maybe things in Tomb are different but the actual numbers are significantly less drastic than you're making them out to be. on Krosus for example, Fire and arcane were less than 20k dps behind frost. With this buff, BOTH specs would outperform Frost on Krosus now.

Call it small sample size or what but here's a link: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...ount&boss=1842 (the number of weeks you set it to don't matter: It's only taking data from 7.2.5)
    Last edited by Hctaz; 2017-06-17 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Uhm... I mean the gap wasn't that far off looking at mythic logs from NH this past week at least. Taking the 75th percentile of Mythic Chronomatic for example, the buff puts fire 40k dps behind frost now and arcane was only 2k dps behind fire as well on average.

Seems to be pretty standard overall: Fire mage being roughly 40k behind frost now with the buffs. They were about 70k dps behind prior. Not sure how this changes with tomb but I wouldn't say a country mile. This is 100% playable.
    Bosses you blitz through and are cheesed 4 or 5 months into progress might not be the best sample. You can't take numbers from a 1 and a half minute to 2 minute fight seriously.

Once again, maybe things in Tomb are different but the actual numbers are significantly less drastic than you're making them out to be. on Krosus for example, Fire and arcane were less than 20k dps behind frost. With this buff, BOTH specs would outperform Frost on Krosus now.

Call it small sample size or what but here's a link: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...ount&boss=1842 (the number of weeks you set it to don't matter: It's only taking data from 7.2.5)
    You might want to look at what I was replying too there. They were talking about https://www.altered-time.com/forum/v...php?f=2&t=4457 So logs don't mean a damn thing if they were talking about the sims that have recently been released.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhov View Post
    Lol, frost without 2xIL is a joke.
    The drop in damage I can deal with. How slow and boring the specs were this week is the bigger issue for me. Getting these horrible 30 second windows of just spamming frostbolt isn't exactly fun.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Bosses you blitz through and are cheesed 4 or 5 months into progress might not be the best sample. You can't take numbers from a 1 and a half minute to 2 minute fight seriously.

You might want to look at what I was replying too there. They were talking about https://www.altered-time.com/forum/v...php?f=2&t=4457 So logs don't mean a damn thing if they were talking about the sims that have recently been released.
    The fights for the 75th percentile are usually decently long enough to get an idea. And sims are not something that Blizzard ever balances to. These notes are for the previous week in NH. They saw some underperforming specs and buffed them for the now. They will probably do more changes next week after Heroic is out.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, good...that puts my mind to rest...all 3 specs can enjoy being near the bottom together. =) yaaaaaaay...../sarcasm....

10+ Year Old Account
    The shorter the fight - the better frost ST performance is, and worse fire ST performance. If you look at 3-4 minute fights frost is WAY ahead of all mage specs, if you look at 4-5 minute fights - fire and frost are at the same DPS.
    It's not as simple as you think it is, you can't just look at some vague average score of all players in 900-930 gear on various fight lengths and say "hey guys i figured it out we will suck in next raid!"

Seriously, just go back to warcraft logs, open your favorite krosus mythic fight and look at rankings for mages, warlocks and balance druids - they do similar DPS on fights of similar length (and by similar i mean "non-bench-worthy-different", aka, 900k and above)

And just to be clear - i'm not trying to contradict you, but just comment on how most mmo-champion posters use logs - to see average score that represents nothing and try to start a shitstorm over it
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2017-06-17 at 06:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

The fights for the 75th percentile are usually decently long enough to get an idea. And sims are not something that Blizzard ever balances to. These notes are for the previous week in NH. They saw some underperforming specs and buffed them for the now. They will probably do more changes next week after Heroic is out.
    Might want to grab a net so you don't miss the point over and over. Beyond that this late in the raid pretty much all percentiles of logs are short fights. Because even if somebody is ranking at the 5th percentile that doesn't mean the rest of their raid is. Luckily you can see the kill times and don't have to guess.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

After all that I think I may stay fire. Big fish in little pond, lol.