Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Order halls are the better versions of garrisons. Garrisons had their problems, and I wouldn't really want to see that same isolation brought back, but have them continue to expand upon what the order halls did, and maybe have some variations like racial halls or guild housing for those that want it.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by Roar-Powah View Post
    Hell no!

WoD garrisons failed and everyone knows why.
    Judging by the amount of gold I made with the Garrisons system, Garrison was a success.

When I read the title, I was pretty sure it was another Jaylock trolling thread. Guess he has multiple accounts.

Deleted
    The idea behind garrisons must have been to have a wc3 sort of thing, inside wow.

Fantastic idea, terrible execution. you should decide where to build your garrison.. npc's should attack your garrison.. you should train troops and build outposts for income.

And above all, it should be very challenging.

if those conditions are met, then yes - they should bring back garrisons - because being the boss/commander is awesum

i would like another garrison. a private little town i can be alone in.

i would also like for them to completely devalue all gathering professions again, that was great. i'm not being sarcastic, i love this.

but not as much waiting around and timegating with it. no mission table ever again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peskre View Post
    Guild "Garrison" might actually work if they do interesting things with it. Pvp comes to mind, but I'm skeptical the Garrison was probably the most retarded addition to the game.
    I second this.

I wouldn't mind some sort of very light version of garrison as a warship you could control.

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

Garrisons that were account wide and guild garrisons would be cool. However they need to be minecraft level of customizable, and not used to gate progression in pve

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    The mission board is simply a methodology for delivering quests. I understand the hostility toward it though. For a lot of people it was a symbol of a sort of passive play that really rubbed people the wrong way given Wow's history of players generally needing to do something to progress. I would agree with that. I have always thought the mission board itself was less the problem and what was on the mission board was where things went south.
    If the board delivered things for ME to do that would be fine. It's that I'd go to them, send followers out and then... wait. Any aspect of the game where you can play and move forward from a smartphone app feels wrong to me (AH stuff is fine. I mean actual play).

I think there are the seeds of a really good idea in garrisons but like my own suggestion about making it a Sim- builder sort of game it's a long way from what the core of World of Warcraft has always been. It's OK to question that core after twelve plus years and the idea of having a base was fine in and of itself. But the base should have been a launching place to get you more into the world. How Blizzard handles their own world is a primary cause of my own frustration with the game.
    Yeah the issue wih tilting toward a SIMS like experience is that it's a different game genre and not what we signed up for. Adding that to a WoW2 where it's an integral part of the game, etc? Then we'd all know it was there. Me, I don't play WoW to play a Sims game where I'm building things.

The game itself could use some redefinition from never-ending faction warfare which at this point is more of a frame solely for PVP than anything else. That's another topic though but the game shouldn't lean toward passivity for successful progression and play.
    Agreed. The faction stuff is continually undercut by "You need to put aside differences or we'll all DIEEEE."

Deleted
    I didn`t like Garrison system at all, the first concept art that we got seemed kinda interesting and all but the one we got in the end sucked. If we get like a housing system, that we could get a building inside of the major city or build it anywhere on the world map then i would kinda like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    You do realize that they don't have to do this. I'm curious if it's just the vocal minority that wants it or just everyone in general. I have yet to meet one person that is in favor of guild halls other than the vocal minority I see on forums. Granted, it's not a good amount of evidence either way, but still.
    Sure. I'd have no idea how many people like the idea of it, I'm simply coming up with something that's one of the few logical outcomes if they intend to keep on going with the followers and town building aspect of their game to me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Only if i can have Yrel and Garona as my personal pleasure..errrr i mean personal body guard.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Deleted
    I think the class halls are good, better than garrisons.

I really enjoyed garrisons. I'd like different varieties of buildings tho, like blood elves or dwarven structures. Must say the WoD version did seem half baked, like they had big plans for it but the game engine wouldn't allow it so they just gave up on it.

I liked the farm in MoP. Garrisons was an overly reaching design that had to disrupt many existing features and gameplay in order to be the center of attention. I have no interest in seeing garrisons as it was even slightly nerfed returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Roar-Powah View Post
    Hell no!

WoD garrisons failed and everyone knows why.

Class Order Halls failed since it still had the damn table tied into the main story. Plus CRZ Order halls are fucking annoying to try and click on npcs and that shitty mission table.

It's lazy game design, this is meant to be a MMORPG and not shitbook mmo click fest.
    What really bothers me is when they first talked about order halls, they said something like "oh it won't be like garrisons because you'll see other people, and so one Paladin can ask another Paladin advice about the game" or some shit. Nobody fucking does that. They're there to do exactly what they did with garrisons pretty much. I hope they just scrap all this stupid shit, just give us regular quest hubs in an open world again.

All they would have to do is make garrisons as cool as what they had in Wildstar for player housing ...in fact they would learn a lot of lessons from the good parts of wildstar

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Yes, i want housing. If all we are gonna have is reused city's like dalaran then i'd rather something different.

Also, people blame garrison's for keeping them in, but that was never the case. It was the game design. If WQ's, invasions and mythic+ were a thing in WoD, no one would've felt locked in the garrison.

With that said, Blizz struggled with the system and scaled it back alot (we were supposed to be able to choose the area we wanted it built. Gorgrond and talador garrisons were in the files but got cut). So... as much as i'd like to see it, it may be more costly than we think. Maybe if they rolled the system in phases.
    I definitly would want it to be account wide aswell. I love the idea of a home or fort for my family of characters. Would be really cool if your other characters wandered around as NPC's in there when you're not logged on with them.
    i mean it is made bassicly 100% from the ground up
    but sure reused
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    i mean it is made bassicly 100% from the ground up
    but sure reused
    Cool! Next time you can tell them to actually make something new then.

Deleted
    Only if they generate even more gold and mats than the WoD ones did.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Even though Garrisons were *FAR* from any sort of "player housing", nevertheless I enjoyed my time with them. Well, I thought the Horde Garrison was really bland (Lunarfall, on the other hand, oozed personality), but still; there was definitely potential there. Especially when they started introducing *ACTUAL* customization, like music, guards, and decorations.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but even though Garrisons definitely did a lot of things that were detrimental to the game as a whole, I'd still like to see Blizzard return to the idea. Don't make them mandatory (or even "rewarding" in terms of raid-gear), but add further levels of customization, and maybe find a happy medium between WoD's Followers and Legion's Champions (I hate having to worry about which characters are "active", as it makes new followers feel less rewarding).

I'd probably move the Garrisons someplace a little more neutral, though, and maybe make them account-wide. Have Class-specific cosmetic rewards, and really be able to make your Garrison into a fortress of your choosing.

But maybe I'm alone on that?
    We already have order halls and they are just garrisons with different set of graphics. Sure, some idiots of the same class run there now and then but garrisons bugged enough to let random people in so its just the same.