Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sezerek View Post
    Well I understood his post more like " since they are remastering a 3d game instead of a 2d game with sprites, the potential for improvement is insane"
    Fine, fine, I blame lack of coffee on the morning.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post

What kind of issues are you referring to? Lack of modern QoL?
    Playing solo is impossible without mods. The online community went to shit many years ago. Trading system is janked. Hell difficulty basically required specific builds and gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Playing solo is impossible without mods. The online community went to shit many years ago. Trading system is janked. Hell difficulty basically required specific builds and gear.
    How is it impossible without mods, and even if it is impossible, why is it a problem to have mods? Yeah a 20 year old game doesn't have a great community anymore, I only play solo for that reason.

D2 has balance issues for sure, but requiring specific builds is exaggerating.

I wonder how a WC3 remaster will affect the multiplayer custom games. I'd be surprised if they can get all existing games come over to the remaster with just its graphics updated, otherwise they'd need to redo them all over again. Which also makes me question if they'll make a new World Editor aswell. I don't even think WC3 really needs a graphic update, its just that some features are lagging behind like a proper search function to look for games and not letting people download a custom game before entering (sometimes they might even get kicked if they need to DL). They really need to properly import WC3 to the Blizzard launcher aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    First one is outright false.

Second is the reason why the game was so loved and stayed alive for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    It's not. I can confirm that they're hiring for multiple positions related to it.
    I was just poking at the spelling in the article. They don't proofread?

- - - Updated - - -

lol?

I Solo'd Uber Diablo with a Poisonmancer, which meant that I'd have to stab him with a dagger of some sorts to prevent him from healing through it, After LoD, with Synergies, all builds became viable.

I don't get people who seem so extremely excited about playing a D2 remaster, if you enjoy the game that much you would be playing it now, touched up higher resolution textures is not going to transform the game. On the subject of Ubers, I solo'd Uber Diablo with a Concentrate Barbarian and a Frenzy Barbarian, I also solo'd the player opened Ubers event with a Frenzy Barbarian..

D2 was very soloable on the hardest content if you had a high level well geared/optimised character. Smite Paladins used to solo that stuff for breakfast. Maybe you can say it's not possible to get to that gear point solo, but for sure with the right gear the content is very soloable.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2017-06-17 at 10:57 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    I was just poking at the spelling in the article. They don't proofread?
    It isn't Blizzard that doesn't proofread but the newspage. Nevertheless is the exact spot you quoted in the text actually a hyperlink to Blizzard's job offer site. So indeed no fake.

https://careers.blizzard.com/en-us/openings/osY64fwk

Would love to see D2 remastered... The dream

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    What the hell are you smoking? It's a fully 3d game already.

Furthermore, I don't see why they'd need to remaster WC3. It already works on all systems, they patched it to support modern resolutions years ago and there's no fidelity issues with it in general.
    Graphix.

Starcraft 2 has some amazing things like different death animations for, say, Marines, based on what kills them ( fire, grenades, bullets, acid ).

7+ Year Old Account
    I would love a WC3 remasterd version. Only thing I'd worry about would be if they decided to change the voice overs... I want the original ones and if they bring in new voice actors, those should be for entirely new things they would add to the missions. I just so much more prefer those WC3 voices than the 'new' ones we end up with in WoW in some cases (Arthas, being one example.)

pff give me D1/WC2 remastered.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Second is the reason why the game was so loved and stayed alive for so long.
    >D2 requires specific builds for hell "OMG IT WAS SO LOVED"
    >D3 Has multiple Sets and Builds for all content "OMG SHOEHORNED INTO THE SAME THINGS!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    I would love a WC3 remasterd version. Only thing I'd worry about would be if they decided to change the voice overs... I want the original ones and if they bring in new voice actors, those should be for entirely new things they would add to the missions. I just so much more prefer those WC3 voices than the 'new' ones we end up with in WoW in some cases (Arthas, being one example.)
    Same here, I could agree with them re-recording it all with the original voice actors however. Arthas' voice actor was changed with Wrath because the original dude declined because he claimed he'd get paid an ''embarrassingly low amount of money'', so that's why he was switched. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    >D3 Has multiple Sets and Builds for all content "OMG SHOEHORNED INTO THE SAME THINGS!"
    The diffrence is that D3 hands you everything for free so you dont get any sense of achievement. And its also the reason why its so boring.

Hope they include an updated World Editor.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Robster View Post
    Same here, I could agree with them re-recording it all with the original voice actors however. Arthas' voice actor was changed with Wrath because the original dude declined because he claimed he'd get paid an ''embarrassingly low amount of money'', so that's why he was switched. :/
    Even if they DID get all the original voice actors:

It's been quite a long time since that game was made and those voice actors have aged quite a bit. It's been about 15 years now, not everyone might've changed but could still be a few ;_:

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Hope they include an updated World Editor.
    I would love it if they somehow made it possible to add in a feature to download WoW models and make it a smooth experience. That could help people make maps without limiting themselves too much to the units that are in-game - and adding in custom models now can be a bit of a pain and often looks.. off.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Welp, if they do a proper remaster of D2 and don't fuck everything up in the process, RIP all my other gaming time. Need me some more Javazon play.
    My thoughts exactly. Don't fuck this up, Blizz.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    People have different opinions, who would have thought.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not the person you quoted, but the only issue I ever had with D2 were all the bots and spammers.

TBH I hope that's all they fix - I could live with a shared stash and stackable gems but I don't want it to get excessively streamlined. The limited space was part of the gameplay - that's why the charms were an interesting trade off.

- - - Updated - - -

Hell difficulty basically required specific builds and gear.
    If they change this I won't play. The immunities and punishing difficulty are essential to the experience.

If you have trouble, group up. You can clear hardcore hell naked in a group of 8 if you synergize.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    It isn't Blizzard that doesn't proofread but the newspage. Nevertheless is the exact spot you quoted in the text actually a hyperlink to Blizzard's job offer site. So indeed no fake.

https://careers.blizzard.com/en-us/openings/osY64fwk
    I think you missed the link between article and they?

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    ah yeah, a remaster of the first DOTA, so hyped. but seriously though I love WCIII and a remaster of that is fantastic. I'd like to see a remaster of WCII one day but the gameplay in that is way more dated then I probably remember. better off get 8 bit armies or something.
    dota was first made in starcraft brood war under the name Aeon of Strife.

- - - Updated - - -

Diablo 2 had a ton of issues that make me not want to go back and play it again. If it's just a graphical remaster, pass.
    like what? To this day its still a better game by leaps and bounds than d3.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Liftbrul View Post
    Neither game needs a remaster. Both play just as fine the way they are.
    unless you have something other than a 15inch screen

- - - Updated - - -

I personally dislike charms so much that I just don't use any at all. Feels great to have the space.

- - - Updated - - -

when you were pushing top spots on ladder you couldnt ignore them :P

- - - Updated - - -

the only things that required certain builds to my recollection was ubers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I don't get people who seem so extremely excited about playing a D2 remaster, if you enjoy the game that much you would be playing it now, touched up higher resolution textures is not going to transform the game. On the subject of Ubers, I solo'd Uber Diablo with a Concentrate Barbarian and a Frenzy Barbarian, I also solo'd the player opened Ubers event with a Frenzy Barbarian..

D2 was very soloable on the hardest content if you had a high level well geared/optimised character. Smite Paladins used to solo that stuff for breakfast. Maybe you can say it's not possible to get to that gear point solo, but for sure with the right gear the content is very soloable.
    i played d2 up to and after d3 released, its a better game by leaps and bounds than d3 in every way. A remaster for modern tech is amazing.