Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Who leads the trolls?

With Vol'jin dead, who is the new troll leader? Was it already mentioned somewhere?

I recently did the prestige quest and all of the racial leaders are present in the Undercity, among them is Rokhan. So it's possible that Rokhan is the new troll leader?

Darkspear never die

#HoldingOutHope

Until Blizz says anything we won't know. Rokhan is the most probable but if you want to know who else can be check the "secondary leaders" here: http://wow.gamepedia.com/Darkspear_tribe

Master Gadrin, I imagine.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's Rokhan since he appears with all Horde racial leaders when you get your Prestige skin.

7+ Year Old Account
    rokhan probably.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    They are so insignificant and meaningless that it honestly doesn't matter. Hell even orcs got vax figure with suicidal tendencies as their leader.

7+ Year Old Account
    Our kind faces extinction. Trolls once ruled the mightiest empire this world has ever seen. Yet look at you now. Zul'drak has already fallen to the Scourge. Its gods consumed as death descended on its people. Zul'Farrak! Once the shining jewel of Tanaris is now nothing but a wasteland. Divided you are weak, but we Zandalari can offer you a future undreamed of. Jin'do of the Gurubashi, would you see the greatness of Zul'Gurub restored? Join us and the Zandalari will make it so. Daakara of the Amani, summon your followers to Zul'Aman. Together, we will make Zul'jin's murderers weep for mercy. Brothers, hear us now! We Zandalari have returned to reclaim the former glory of our people. To see trolls retake the lands that are rightfully ours! And to crush any foolish enough to stand in our way. From the wreckage of the Cataclysm, the troll empire will rise again!
    Only one true leader for all trolls everywhere!

Deleted
    Nobody atm.

And no Rokhan dont have the background story to lead the Darkspear trolls.
    Since i think Vol'jin had 3 childeren one of them is next in line then again we never seen any of them ingame.

Anyways its a classic case of blizzard saying would it not be cool to kill of a Horde leader? yes lets do it.
    Then after it community is like fix the faction maybe? blizzard hmm will cost you a raid tier so we rather do something else.

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody atm.

And no Rokhan dont have the background story to lead the Darekspear trolls.
    Since i think Vol'jin had 3 childeren one of them is next in line then again we never seen any of them ingame.

Anyways its a clissic case of blizzard saying would it not be cool to kill of a Horde leader? yes lets do it.
    Then after it community is like fix the faction maybe? blizzard hmm will cost you a raid tier so we rather do something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharum View Post
    With Vol'jin dead, who is the new troll leader? Was it already mentioned somewhere?

I recently did the prestige quest and all of the racial leaders are present in the Undercity, among them is Rokhan. So it's possible that Rokhan is the new troll leader?
    It would be cool for Zen'tabra to take his place, so the Horde can have another female leader, and their first druidic racial leader.

its just bad lore and horrible lazy blizzard. let voljin die for the sake of "yeah marketing" and dont even had something in store. its ridicoulos lore wise to have a complete horde race without any lead. for 8 months now. ridiculous. such stuff shouldnt happen. its just pathetic in my eyes.

you CAN do that, when you support it with lore and quests surrounding a "we are a clan without lead" stuff. but just doin nothing is really pathetic.

but hey, we all know its more important to add another trizilion legendaries and RNG into the game, instead lore, ya know? i mean, lore? who doesnt care about such shit in mmoRPG games... ?
    Last edited by Niwes; 2017-06-17 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    And no Rokhan dont have the background story to lead the Darkspear trolls.
    What are you talking about? Rokhan has been around since WC3 and has been performing vital tasks. If Rokhan has no build up toward becoming a troll leader, then who does? I also didn't know trolls had any sort of hereditary rulers... I thought Vol'jin just happened to be the second strongest witch doctor, so he would naturally become the new leader after his father's death, but not because of his birth status.

Rokhan is pretty much the only choice unless Blizzard wanted to introduce a completely new character or use one of trolls that had absolutely no development so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    its just bad lore and horrible lazy blizzard. let voljin die for the sake of "yeah marketing" and dont even had something in store. its ridicoulos lore wise to have a complete horde race without any lead. for 8 months now. ridiculous. such stuff shouldnt happen. its just pathetic in my eyes.
    Orcs didn't have a leader for the entirety of WoD.

But then again, it's Blizzard own fault, they kick Legion off with this major faction conflict, leader dying and whatnot, only to dedicate a single zone to this conflict and then shove it completely aside for the rest of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Orcs didn't have a leader for the entirety of WoD.

But then again, it's Blizzard own fault, they kick Legion off with this major faction conflict, leader dying and whatnot, only to dedicate a single zone to this conflict and then shove it completely aside for the rest of the expansion.
    yep, thats same thing and same horrible. i give em at least 10% credit for WoD, because we were on another planet, go straight through a portal, etc. - no possibilities/time for choosing a lead. and at least thrall was effectively involved in every major part on draenor. so its SLIGHTLY more forgiving than an invasion of azeroth with sylavans as lead, leadless trolls and no backstory for anything of this. but only slightly.

After the lesson of Vol'jin Darkspears realized the concept of failure alone is enough to lead them (into dark oblivion, that is) and they don't need its avatars like Vol'jin anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Was there an achievement for killing Vol'jin (pvp for alliance) when he lived? Is there any achiev for killing any other troll now?

Characters have to die. It isn't horrible writing. They decided he dies and he died. Just because you wanted to see more of Vol'jin and did not, it doesn't mean it is horrible writing. They do with their characters as they please and it is still writing. You may like, you may dislike it, but it definitely isn't horrible.

Deleted
    Probably my boi Rokhan or Master Gadrin in Sen'Jin village.

Someone did send a ticket to Blizzard asking them some lore-related questions a while ago, it was posted on the official forums. Can't find the thread right now, it's a few months old by now. Rokhan apparently took the leadership of the Darkspear tribe, but, nobody is the official leader.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Was there an achievement for killing Vol'jin (pvp for alliance) when he lived? Is there any achiev for killing any other troll now?
    Saurfang is to be killed now, instead of Vol'jin. A troll was only in Orgrimmar since Orcs and trolls essentially share it as a capital city.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?