Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Yeah alot of these were the true reason that the gameR felt like a RPG, Its just a tablet game now

Deleted
    Go play on Classic servers. Why are you posting this here? There are so "many" of you who want the old WoW back so go ahead and make some forums and post all that shit there.

Deleted
    I do miss much of these! But when you had to do the same for alts it was getting shitty! But they were just alternatives, so it was fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Thats not why it was removed. It was removed because it was basically pointless. Just another thing blocking you from using a new piece of gear you got in a raid. Not to mention it was done completely by addons.
    Blocking from using? I'd say current version with "doesn't have needed secondary stats = shit" is worse than reforging, which almost achieved "has bigger ilvl = upgrade".
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Deleted
    WoW is a MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER ONLINE RAIDING AND PVPING GAME (MMORPG)

This thread shows up now and then, and the general concensus tends to be the same. The more stripped down the game gets, the better players seem to enjoy it. I look forward to when this game reaches it's pinnacle, with fast travel and three player abilities (attack, heal, thunderfury trade chat macro)

My favorite RPG element that never got added again was the Bloodsail Buccaneers. You started out hated by them but accepted by a stronger faction. You have the option to change that. One of my favorite aspects of an RPG is choice. I dislike always being the good guy.

Are you seriously trying to sell soul shards and weapon skills as a good thing?
    I would ask if you've even played the game these days but looking at some of these things I don't think you even played it back then. Some of that stuff (Hidden dragons? They were normal world bosses, the kind that still exist in the game today. Gems not existing now... what? Weapons being affected by race?) are pure fantasy, on top of you mentioning alpha experiments? Does this mean when blizz spawn raid bosses in Dalaran on the PTR that's a removed RPG feature too? If so I'm really sad they removed the epic RPG feature of Nomi the firelord, much RPG.

In a sea of terrible nostalgia posts this is up there with that guy on GameFAQS who remembers when only night elves could be druids.

You have roo much free time on your hands, I'd suggest picking up a hubby.

Also, like ℅90 of your list are gameplay elements and not RPG elements...

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    MOST of those changes were either Quality of life changes or specifically asked for by the COMMUNITY.

Many of those things in the list are simply Mechanic changes which aren't RPG elements.

I would bet huge money that if they opened legacy servers the idiots that constantly ask for them or are stuck on nostalgia would play for a month at most and then ask for changes that came at later expansions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    yeah but you know what... that was worth the grind. You did it for your guild. You were working extensively to get it done. You felt more pride in killing the bosses with that gear. I am not saying that AP isn't worth the grind. It is greatly so. But it does not add any feeling to: omg we defeated this boss.. because I took care to get an extra concordance level!!!!

But I guess you won't see it that way.
    You took pride in making Frost Res gear? Now I definitely know you guys are so stuck deep in nostalgia that even logic escapes you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    yeah but you know what... that was worth the grind. You did it for your guild. You were working extensively to get it done. You felt more pride in killing the bosses with that gear. I am not saying that AP isn't worth the grind. It is greatly so. But it does not add any feeling to: omg we defeated this boss.. because I took care to get an extra concordance level!!!!

But I guess you won't see it that way.
    You took pride in making Frost Res gear? Now I definitely know you guys are so stuck deep in nostalgia that even logic escapes you.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm a vanilla player and 90% of the shit here is just nostalgia goggles and nothing more. "Running out of ammo was FUN!" are you fucking kidding me.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

15+ Year Old Account
    I shouldn't be surprised that he made a thread like this. He was/is a massive Nostr--pirated private server -- advocate.

Most of the shit that was listed was mundane, time consuming and ultimately bad for the game.

Farming Fadeleaf for Vanishing Powder, other herbs for poisons? No thanks. Also, they never had 'rogue specific laboratories' to make poisons.

Farming BRD for Blue-con ammo just to stay on top of my game during MC and BWL? No thanks.

Ammo in general?

Pally Buffing all the times.

Shaman totems being infinitely more useful than Pally Buffs for raiding.

Requiring Dwarf Priests because we didn't have Shaman totems (Looking at you Magmadar.)

Etc etc etc

Nostalgia is a bitch, but that doesn't make a game better.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alefnir View Post
    WoW is more like Diablo now. Good. Diablo is a better game.

Unpopular opinion of the year.
    why lyin for

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    why lyin for
    your entire first post was a lie; some of the things on your list are still in the game, some never made it into the game past alpha/beta (and for good reason) so technically was never in the game to begin with, and the rest were not "fun" nor "immersive"

10+ Year Old Account
    Elite mobs in questing areas.

Elite Hogster, dem elite ogres at Loch Modan, the elite blue dragon flight in Azshara, Tyr's Hand

Quote Originally Posted by EmotionalModerator View Post
    Is WoW still an RPG? I don't know anymore.
    Its more like arcade RPG with MMO elements.

Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    Its more like arcade RPG with MMO elements.
    It's a cRPG. Those have always been different from tabletop games due to computer limitations.

The important part of a cRPG is generally having a character progression system as a major part of gameplay and some sort of story.

--snip--
    You are literally retarded. Most of these this are just patch/expansion changes and QoL improvements, nothing to do with RPG elements.

Quote Originally Posted by zmuci View Post
    You are literally retarded. Most of these this are just patch/expansion changes and QoL improvements, nothing to do with RPG elements.
    If you go into the "what made classic better" megathread you can see him defending Plainsrunning. A feature removed from Beta.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Plainsrunning

That's what it is. He literally defends it and says it should be in the game literally because he said so.

- - - Updated - - -

why lyin for
    Are you just calling people "liars" because not everyone likes the game you so vehemently defend? You ironically hurt the Legacy argument more than anything here. Especially when you dump on others who don't share your opinion or when you defend stupid Alpha/Beta features that even Blizzard themselves removed because they were stupid.

RPGs are supposed to be "tedious" and have long-term progression/working towards something...

I miss about 75% of these things, others I'm happy about not being in the game anymore. Some QoL improvements are nice, but right now this is World of QoLCraft.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator