Thread: Vasectomy

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I'll openly admit my naivety but this is the first time I've heard of condoms being used as an assurance of fidelity (I get you are saying that for you it isn't; but the concept that a couple or one half of a couple would insist on using condoms for that reason seems completely ... pointless, almost. Is this really a thing?
    I wouldn't know, I've never used them as such, only as birth controls secondary layer (because .. hormonal birth control isn't perfect, I know all to well!)

But then again I wouldn't know what current teenagers do - if that is a reason for them, well.. shitty reason but if it keeps them safe

my apologies to anyone I miss replying to, this went page 3 without realizing, thanks to all for your input, it is very welcome.
    My DK
    (retired since januari 2017) solely playing PoE now.

Quote Originally Posted by falagar112 View Post
    Wasn't there exactly such a pill in testing?
    I read a little about something like that a year back or so if I recall correctly.
    Every year or so the story resurfaces.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure about it. If you do it via hormones chances are it messes you up just as much. If you do it via other vectors like trying to influence production directly you could always end up sterile. The pill for the woman in that regard is ingenous, as all it does is tricking the body into "thinking" there is no need to get pregnant now, it doesn't actively attack the eggs or ovaries to my knowledge.
    As far as I was aware the male version worked as a spermicide, killing or neutralising the sperm after it had been produced. I didn't look into it too much, I'm looking forward to being a dad one day
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrotesque View Post
    Mine was done about a year ago, the method used is usually refered to as "No scalpel, no needle Vasectomy" - you should find plenty of information on that online. Ends have been cauterized in addition to that and my first check up, a year later, revealed a total success in terms of sperm count.

In regards to pain, I´ve had complications during the procedure and it still took 15 minutes - in and out the building in about 30 minutes. Complications were that the second vas couldn´t be grabbed through a single opening - a second was required. That´s about it.
    I felt no pain during the procedure but I wouldn´t want to repeat it, it was kind of uncomfortable. Feelings down there that I´ve never felt before (or since for that matter).

It took about 2-4 days or so with a lot of ice around that area for the swelling to go away, the entire region remained sensitive for about 2 weeks or so. Afterwards there was nothing for a good while. PVPS did start around 3-4 months in and lasted for about 2 and then just went away, nothing major but the more active I was in any given day, the stronger it was but only during the same day.

Hit me up via PM if you want to talk specifics or god knows what
    Thank you
    My DK
    (retired since januari 2017) solely playing PoE now.

Quote Originally Posted by falagar112 View Post
    I wouldn't know, I've never used them as such, only as birth controls secondary layer (because .. hormonal birth control isn't perfect, I know all to well!)
    Yeah I should have quoted the person you were quoting really oops
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrotesque View Post
    I felt no pain during the procedure but I wouldn´t want to repeat it, it was kind of uncomfortable.
    You really shouldn't sugar coat it. There is absolutely pain involved that goes well beyond the realm of uncomfortable. Thing is, the pain only lasted a few seconds total. The only parts that legitimately hurt was getting numbed up, which has to happen 3 times: the scrotum where the incision will be made, and the vas on each side. Numbing the scrotum was the closest thing to "uncomfortable" I had. It kinda hurt for a couple of seconds until the numbing medicine took hold. Numbing the vas (once on each side) was easily the worst pain I've ever experienced. The kind of searing, white-hot pain that takes your breath away, causes sparks of color in your vision, and leaves you a bit dizzy afterward. But again, each time was only a second or two in duration. Once you're good and numb, you won't be able to feel the doc snipping away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieve View Post
    Then again you're gay and don't have to worry about this (potential for pregnancy) now do you?.
    whats that got to do with anything? If I wanted to donate sperm if be a problem then. guys shouldn't get vasectomies, it feels more like something thought up to emasculate men
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by TranquilDream View Post
    You really shouldn't sugar coat it.
    But I don´t, there was no pain for me. It´s just that I can´t phrase it any better - it was very uncomfortable, a feeling I never felt before and don´t want to feel ever again but it wasn´t pain. For me.

Quote Originally Posted by TranquilDream View Post
    The kind of searing, white-hot pain that takes your breath away, causes sparks of color in your vision, and leaves you a bit dizzy afterward.
    I´m happy to say that I didn´t feel this! Sorry to read about horrible experience though!
    Last edited by Chrotesque; 2017-06-17 at 02:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mine was done in 1984 or 1985. It was quick, and the only discomfort was the doctor's sense of humor. At least, he seemed to think he was being funny: "we're going to just tape this over there (while taping penis to my leg), you wouldn't want it falling in front of the cut." Anesthesia was an injection to interrupt my memory, that joke and a bit of counting backwards are the last thing I remember before coming to in the waiting area. I didn't experience any real discomfort; even the problem that many people used to mention -- discomfort as pubic hair regrew -- was negligible. To this day I prefer to shave when the weather gets hot.

More than 30 years have passed. I've never had any problems, despite getting the occasional strike to the cup while sparring. I'm getting remarried soon, and Fiancee 2.1 really wants to try to have the vasectomy reversed. So far it sounds like there is a reasonable chance of success.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

If you don't want kids, get a vasectomy. It only takes a few days to recover, and their success rate is quite good.

Nothing of import to add...except good on you. for considering this instead of what your partner might have to go through in having a tubal ligation

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    In the OP's case it sounds pretty clear since he is adamant that he doesn't want kids, so a vasectomy is an ok option.

The only 2 things I'd add are for others...be very careful about a partner pressuring you into one because they don't want to have kids. My sister (not the best person in the world) did that to a guy she was engaged to saying she didn't want kids. He got one...and you probably saw this one coming, they broke up before getting married and the guy was stuck with a vasectomy he didn't really want (or at least was 50/50 on) and btw he's dating a woman now who does want kids. It doesn't sound like this is the situation in the OPs case, just some advice for anyone else considering it.

The other thing is that kids and parenting are a scary thing. They are a lot of work, you have to give up a large part of your time, life, and money. Almost no one ever feels ready to be a parent. People also worry that if their parents were bad that they'll end up being bad parents. But when you have a kid you tend to adapt and learn as you go, and it is probably the most rewarding, and at times frustrating, thing in life. I totally understand people that opt never to have kids and people who do since it's probably the biggest decision in life and there are pros and cons to it. I guess what I'm saying if it's fear stopping a person from having kids, you'll be fine. Again, not so much for the OP since he seems pretty certain on what he wants, just saying for others.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumaras View Post
    In the OP's case it sounds pretty clear since he is adamant that he doesn't want kids, so a vasectomy is an ok option.

The only 2 things I'd add are for others...be very careful about a partner pressuring you into one because they don't want to have kids. My sister (not the best person in the world) did that to a guy she was engaged to saying she didn't want kids. He got one...and you probably saw this one coming, they broke up before getting married and the guy was stuck with a vasectomy he didn't really want (or at least was 50/50 on) and btw he's dating a woman now who does want kids. It doesn't sound like this is the situation in the OPs case, just some advice for anyone else considering it.

The other thing is that kids and parenting are a scary thing. They are a lot of work, you have to give up a large part of your time, life, and money. Almost no one ever feels ready to be a parent. People also worry that if their parents were bad that they'll end up being bad parents. But when you have a kid you tend to adapt and learn as you go, and it is probably the most rewarding, and at times frustrating, thing in life. I totally understand people that opt never to have kids and people who do since it's probably the biggest decision in life and there are pros and cons to it. I guess what I'm saying if it's fear stopping a person from having kids, you'll be fine. Again, not so much for the OP since he seems pretty certain on what he wants, just saying for others.
    Best advise so far, don´t do it for others but only for yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Had mine done last August.
    (Keep in mind I'm weird about medical shit) I was bullshitting my my PA the whole time. The worst part about it is the initial injections of local anesthetic, and then the odd tugging sensation throughout.

Pain during recovery wasn't that bad, just kept my balls on ice.
    Three weeks ago i finally got the go-ahead that I was firing blanks.

OP, iud's are win, but yeah you need something for the meantime. Seems a bit much to do vasectomy still but if it's what you really want, research and go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtful Trolli View Post
    I've also heard the procedure is reversible.

I recommend just learning to use condoms. You'll have to use them still anyway to protect against STDS (You or your partner may cheat, it's human nature, if you deny this possibility you're just going to get ass fisted harder when it happens) and they contribute to extra sexual interactions in various ways, especially if they are ribbed for her pleasure.

If you haven't used a condom, I don't get why you wouldn't try, unless you're in a relationship where one of you is afraid to say or try new things, in which case you're definitely going to find her cheating on you.
    Here's a winner idea. Let's picture how this might work out. Go to long term girlfriend and pitch an idea for something new to spice things up... Okay here we go. Yeah condoms. Damn that's hot. She's gonna be hella stoked to use them. Oh wait he's 31 and not 19.

I'm also picking up that you have deeply rooted issues with women (everyone cheats, protect yourself!) That's an impressive wall you've built there. What happened to you?

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    OP, iud's are win, but yeah you need something for the meantime. Seems a bit much to do vasectomy still but if it's what you really want, research and go for it.

Here's a winner idea. Let's picture how this might work out. Go to long term girlfriend and pitch an idea for something new to spice things up... Okay here we go. Yeah condoms. Damn that's hot. She's gonna be hella stoked to use them. Oh wait he's 31 and not 19.

I'm also picking up that you have deeply rooted issues with women (everyone cheats, protect yourself!) That's an impressive wall you've built there. What happened to you?
    Women are out to get you (and to cheat on you that is, obviously)

10+ Year Old Account
    So much miss information and just plain ignorance in this thread. Does the "woke" generation just google and spew out whatever the internet tells them?

Anyway to the OP. I had one done after having three healthy kids and we were pretty much done. Plus my wife and I were both over 35.

It is a very quick procedure. Hell it took me longer to shave than to get snipped. You will have a few days of discomfort and yes your balls will bruise. Nothing that frozen peas and a Vicodin can not take care of.

Research a good Urologist in your area.

Also make sure to stick to the post OP follow up, examination, and sperm count.

my dad had it done after he and my mom were done having kids, back in the late 80's. my husband recently asked him about it because he is considering having it done as well. my dad said it hurt a bit, but otherwise he was fine, he went back to work the next day. And this was over 20 years ago, i'd imagine it's even safer now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vieve View Post
    You can freeze your sperm, just incase. Yes, that costs money but most choices in life do.

Maybe it's just providing men with more healthcare options when it comes to bodily autonomy? Women take active part in (reducing) their problems when it comes to reproductive wishes but guys should be void of that?
    Saying men should sterilise themselves to have the same bodily autonomy women get by default really puts a light on how fucked up society is.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not like a dog getting neutered. Pain is also minimal for men. A woman must have an actual surgery, and recover is a few days. There's also a lot more things that could go wrong afterwards for women. I've had lingering pain from mine anytime I have sex or get my period (had the tubal clamps).

Comparing tubal ligation and vasectomy is moronic. A woman is fertile for not even half her life, a man is fertile for what, 70%?

Not to mention if something bad happens you can still have sex with fucked up ovaries. Fucked up balls/penis, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Saying men should sterilise themselves to have the same bodily autonomy women get by default really puts a light on how fucked up society is.
    You already have the same bodily autonomy as women.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    You already have the same bodily autonomy as women.
    Okay. My bad. Wallet autonomy.

Also, no we don't.

Circumcising male children is legal. So we don't have the same autonomy.