Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Because the jury didn't find him guilty? It's pretty cut and dry. Prove the guilt if he is guilty.
    I'm not talking about the jury. I'm talking about the sheer number of women and the facts of the case that have not been denied. Again, explain how you can possibly think he's not guilty given the evidence. I'll wait.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Detritivores View Post
    He's guilty. Please explain how any sane person can look at the facts of this serial rapist's case and declare him not guilty.
    Since we are talking about just this one case. Have you ever heard of a women calling and continuing to see her supposed rapist after being raped?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not talking about the jury. I'm talking about the sheer number of women and the facts of the case that have not been denied. Again, explain how you can possibly think he's not guilty given the evidence. I'll wait.
    This case involves only a single individual, so however many other women have accused him of sexual assault or rape is completely irrelevant in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Since we are talking about just this one case. Have you ever heard of a women calling and continuing to see her supposed rapist after being raped?
    I'm not talking about just this case. And I'm very confused about why you feel the need to defend an obvious serial rapist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    This case involves only a single individual, so however many other women have accused him of sexual assault or rape is completely irrelevant in this case.
    That is not at all true.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not talking about just this case. And I'm very confused about why you feel the need to defend an obvious serial rapist.

Why are you in this thread about a single case if you are not talking about the case?

I believe in innocent until PROVEN guilty.

I'm very confused why you want to put someone in prison without any proof.

Deleted
    Why are you in this thread about a single case if you are not talking about the case?

I used to believe that. But it is so easy for rich, connected people to buy their way out of virtually any crime.

Innocent until proven guilty only works with legal systems where everything isn't massively stacked in favour of whoever has the most money. You'd have to be insanely naive to believe otherwise given the evidence.

- - - Updated - - -

The fact that you think that is impossible suggests you have a rather superficial attitude towards these things.

He's guilty. Please explain how any sane person can look at the facts of this serial rapist's case and declare him not guilty.
    Reasonable doubt. As posted before, had a celebrity not been involved this would have been a walk in the park for the defense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    I used to believe that. But it is so easy for rich, connected people to buy their way out of virtually any crime.

Innocent until proven guilty only works with legal systems where everything isn't massively stacked in favour of whoever has the most money. You'd have to be insanely naive to believe otherwise given the evidence.

- - - Updated - - -

The fact that you think that is impossible suggests you have a rather superficial attitude towards these things.

Can you highlight were I said it was impossible?

What I am saying is the evidence in this case leads to reasonable doubt that he committed the crime.

10+ Year Old Account

Hes probably of the mind set lynching is fun! Honestly, If we just went by mob mentality, we could get anyone convicted with enough "Oh yes he most definitely wronged me" allegations, regardless of the fact that we have no proof that anything between the two actually happened, or hell If they have ever been in the same building in their lives. I'm not going to say that this did or did not occur on this case but still.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    One or two women, sure.

We're talking about 50+ women. At that point, I think your index of suspicion should increase just a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

50+ people who only come out years later?

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    conspiracy or rapist, what is more likely? what would the motivation be? risks come along with putting yourself out there and accusing someone, especially something like sexual assault that carries a huge stigma for the victim. people aren't going to want to put themselves through that.
    Why wait so long to report or do anything about it? The dude is almost 80, and he is worth lots of money. People are still trying to squeeze money out of Michael Jackson's Estate. If a criminal suit result is guilty, a civil suit for damages is a slam dunk. What are the risks of saying you were raped, especially since you can report it anonymously? Most of the time, the victim gets support. The accused immediately has negative social and sometimes economical problems without even being convicted. Also, some people have regrets about a hook up, so they claim rape. What was Cosby's intent? He has money and fame, so not like getting some ass would be hard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40314641

The prosecution has already declared that they intend to retry him within the next few months.
    they just need to leave the man alone he did not do it.. can't the media go find some other story.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    How is this even possible? Dude raped more women than the vikings.
    Systematic racism was on his side

Get ready for the riots! Nm. It's only riot time when cops escape justice.

Deleted
    So he admitted to drugging women he wanted to have sex with but the jury are hopelessly deadlocked? uhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I'm sort of glad he wasn't convicted. It's been years since these events, if they really felt violated, should have said something way back when. But, the amount of people that have come out is indicative that something's up. I'm curious to hear what the jurors concluded.
    How many women came out against Donald Trump while he was running?

Whens the last time you heard about any of them once election was done?

Usually if it smells like shit it is shit.

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    I have seen this angle mentioned multiple times so far, and we are only 3 pages in. Care to explain how Cosby used his mighty wallet to buy his way out of this? Did he bribe the judge? Pay off the Jurors? Wave fat stacks of money at his accusers to make them go away? Cause so far, absolutely nothing about the trial indicates in any way that Cosby's pocketbook has had any effect at all on the proceedings.....

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Cause so far, absolutely nothing about the trial indicates in any way that Cosby's pocketbook has had any effect at all on the proceedings.....
    having a more expensive.....and thus better, lawyer

Which is kinda the whole point of having money. Buying/having shit plebs cant
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    I have seen this angle mentioned multiple times so far, and we are only 3 pages in. Care to explain how Cosby used his mighty wallet to buy his way out of this? Did he bribe the judge? Pay off the Jurors? Wave fat stacks of money at his accusers to make them go away? Cause so far, absolutely nothing about the trial indicates in any way that Cosby's pocketbook has had any effect at all on the proceedings.....
    they need to blame the which some how clearly if they were rich or black or a woman or what ever other line they want to bring out at the time they would have got away with any thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    having a more expensive.....and thus better, lawyer

Which is kinda the whole point of having money. Buying/having shit plebs cant
    best lawyer in the world is not gonna disappear comply damning evidence.

Pleased to see justice system working in favor of the innocent.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD