Thread: Vasectomy

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    if he's got the money for superfluous surgeries, he's probably got he money for that.
    How will money help if something happens that cut off the supply?

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    How will money help if something happens that cut off the supply?
    i highly doubt there will ever be a short supply of these types of things.

there's all kinds of testosterone-reducing disorders that men can get, and i see quite a lot of commercials on tv about this kind of medication.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i highly doubt there will ever be a short supply of these types of things.

there's all kinds of testosterone-reducing disorders that men can get, and i see quite a lot of commercials on tv about this kind of medication.
    I said cut off supply. Meaning some natural disaster or war or events like that. You would be screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    I said cut off supply. Meaning some natural disaster or war or events like that. You would be screwed.
    in that situation, you got a little bit more to worry about than maybe not having that much of a libido anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    My god, the amount of sheer ignorance and stupidity in this thread is astounding...

I've been meaning to get it done. I just A)Can't really afford it, my medical doesn't cover it, and B)Never really have the time to take off to heal up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by falagar112 View Post
    My partner has an appointment for one of those copper things, but it is not being done until end of the year - and I have no experience with them either as to how reliable they are. I know it's not 100% like a vasectomy would be, and I've gotten that .x% unlucky part once before in life...
    Seems weird to me you have to wait half a year for a procedure a general practitioner does in many places.

Don't come back to me with a "don't do it you will change your mind", I really won't change my mind about wanting kids
    I'm 31 if it matters.
    well i mean its a good point. its costly and not always easy to reverse the procedure and many people DO change their mind, and usually for reasons they consider absurd at the time they want the procedure. Your abit older then the people who usually come ask here, but still why do it if you haven't exhausted the less permanent/invasive solutions like the copper thing you mentioned, especially if complications are a concern for you.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2017-06-17 at 08:13 PM.

Deleted
    Ppl going the condom way... smh condoms is the most unnatural shit there is, fucks the mood.

Grats OP for being a mature man.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    My god, the amount of sheer ignorance and stupidity in this thread is astounding...

I've been meaning to get it done. I just A)Can't really afford it, my medical doesn't cover it, and B)Never really have the time to take off to heal up.
    I was thinking the exact same thing reading this.

People, a vasectomy is an incredibly simple, straightforward, minimally invasive, cheap, generally reversible procedure. If he wants one for contraceptive reasons that's great! Realistically the only things more effective is for the woman to have a tubal ligation (definitely more invasive, risky, and less reversible), which is also not 100% effective, or a hysterectomy-if anyone suggests this over a vasectomy for the man, then there's nothing more to discuss with you.

People who say "just use a condom" are either women, or men who have probably never had sex, at least not without a condom.

If you've had any reasonable amount of sex without a condom you would know that condoms are awful and you feel nothing. Takes all the enjoyment out of it. I'd rather jerk off.

Quote Originally Posted by scmpoe View Post
    People who say "just use a condom" are either women, or men who have probably never had sex, at least not without a condom.

If you've had any reasonable amount of sex without a condom you would know that condoms are awful and you feel nothing. Takes all the enjoyment out of it. I'd rather jerk off.
    You probably jerk off too hard. Death grip is real

Just don't do that OP once your brain actually wakes up you will regret that.

Quote Originally Posted by falagar112 View Post
    Just wondering if anyone here has had a vasectomy done, and can give me some thoughts about what I am getting myself into?

A little backstory..
    I've made up my mind about not wanting kids a long time ago, and my partner as well. Wanting kids is a massive dealbreaker for me as well, so I won't date others in future with a wish for kids either, might my current relationship not work out.

The why does not really matter but in short, I'm an active person that considers kids to be a sacrifice, time and money wise, that I am not willing to make.

I don't want to make the person I'm with feel responsible for the not getting kids part, and I know how much these hormones can fuck someone up. I rather take my part of the responsibility with a permanent solution, and forget about all other shitty birth control methods.

My partner has an appointment for one of those copper things, but it is not being done until end of the year - and I have no experience with them either as to how reliable they are. I know it's not 100% like a vasectomy would be, and I've gotten that .x% unlucky part once before in life...

Don't come back to me with a "don't do it you will change your mind", I really won't change my mind about wanting kids
    I'm 31 if it matters.

I'm just a little worried about this thing they call post vasectomy pain syndrome (PVPS) - as the procedure is not covered by my insurance. I can pay the vasectomy myself, but to reverse it to try and fix PVPS is a different story.

Hope I kept it clear, questions ask, but mostly I appreciate some insights from people who've had one done.
    Some friends that i worked with had it done. Afterwards they had some kind of bruise down there they said. Didn't seem like a big deal. I would do it if i had the 1000$ for it and if i ever got a date heh heh. Its a great idea. Kids are a lot of hard work to raise them right. The world is full of kids in bad situations because they were not raised right. If you ever change your mind, you can get it reversed.
    I would rather get a vasectomy than have to worry about any other methods of birth control.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    You probably jerk off too hard. Death grip is real
    I have sex regularly and very rarely jerk off. Its not death grip.
    Condoms are just horrible, like really I dont understand how any man with actual experience with both condom and condomless can pretend they aren't.
    Last edited by scmpoe; 2017-06-17 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scmpoe View Post
    I have sex regularly and very rarely jerk off. Its not death grip.
    Condoms are just horrible, like really I dont understand how any man with actual experience can pretend they aren't.
    What kind do you get? Have you tried Skyn?

7+ Year Old Account
    Best thing I ever did. Had one at 20.

Most guy's (at least in the US) first big purchase is their first car. When I was a senior in HS, my dad told me he was buying my mom a new car to go to work in. He gave me the shtty little pickup truck she already had. I hate trucks, but it was free.

So, two years later (during summer break from college), snip snip. That was over 20 years ago.

EDIT: got rid of something a little snarky and mean
    Last edited by Berengil; 2017-06-18 at 12:01 AM.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Not a man, which makes me slightly jealous on this subject, as I'd have one in a heartbeat. Anyho, if you're deadset on it at that age, get one. There's gonna be risks to everything, but in this case, I'd say the generel benefits outweigh the drawbacks if they happen.

Sorry I can't give any more on this, but...men are so damned lucky they can get snipped easier than women...

I would link this though;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRkpLoqX0EI
    Last edited by Halyon; 2017-06-17 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vieve View Post
    I think this thread illustrated that some guys just think it's some sort of pristine Holy Grail for them and women can deal with the bloody altar.
    Hah, it's silly, really. At least they don't have to deal with ectopic pregnancie risks ('s great amirite)...

If your concerned about complications post op, a work colleague had a vasectomy and has missed the last two weeks at work due to excessive pain. He now regrets it. I'm sure his case isn't normal but there are risks.

Me personally, i'd never do it and anyone who entertains the idea imo is mad. There are other less drastic forms of birth control.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    If your concerned about complications post op, a work colleague had a vasectomy and has missed the last two weeks at work due to excessive pain. He now regrets it. I'm sure his case isn't normal but there are risks.

Me personally, i'd never do it and anyone who entertains the idea imo is mad. There are other less drastic forms of birth control.
    Less drastic, and less effective. Your colleague is an outlier. And why is anyone who entertains the idea of one mad? Especially when the chances of a complication are quite low,

Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    Just don't do that OP once your brain actually wakes up you will regret that.
    he's in the right of it.

having kids is bad. his reasoning for it isn't the correct reasoning, but at least he'll spare any potential humans from having to endure this life.