Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Arenis View Post
    Full of shit. You need to sustain your metabolism. While you can live of relatively little, it will be a lot more than 3 pieces of fruit a week... Else your body will start to tear down itself...
    3 pieces of fruit:

Fasting has plenty of health benefits, it also results in fairly rapid weight loss and eventual death. They are lying.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Reminded me of this story:

https://www.livescience.com/8224-ind...-70-years.html

I could see maybe not drinking. If there was a way for your body to recycle to urine instead of peeing. Sounds really gross though and don't know if I would ever want to "achieve" that state.

As for the food part, I would imagine the body just consumes itself (didn't they call that the "consumption" back when?) I would think that a person living like this isn't able to do much. I can see it for a "mystic," who might just sit in meditation all day- but I can't imagine you would have much energy to live a "normal" life.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    lol

You want to know their secret?

Come over here and I'll whisper it to you.

They're lying.

Mind boggling as it sounds. People do that.

In other news, NY Post is an iffy newspaper to begin with...but when they are reprinting things from The Sun, there is a very good chance that you are reading absolute BS.
    I keep trying to tell everyone else this too.

In all honesty though, the only way I learned to finally lie was...

Well, I'll get around to doing it to as many people as I can, because it's GOOD for them, hee hee hee,

but I learned how to lie by fighting off a shark with a fucking laser beam attached to it's fucking head.

Total BS, not the least of which is the claim they are living off the 'universe's energy'. Which is magical thinking hidden in plain sight. But also in the article itself it does state they eat; they consume fruit and broth and engage in social eating.

So they do get nourishment- small amounts of it, but they are getting nourishment.

Humans can live on very little but we still need something. The couple are still getting something.

10+ Year Old Account
    The average person would drop dead if they go more than a handful of days without hydration, about a month for eating. They're lying if they claim to not be eating or drinking regularly.

Do not my friends...get addicted to food & water!!

They will take hold of you and you will resent their absence!

(This couple watched Mad Max too many times)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    They're lying.
    THIS.

The human body WILL shut down without nutrients and "broth" and orange slices isn't going to cut it.

And no, she did not go her entire pregnancy without eating. She'd be dead.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    3 pieces of fruit:

Well played
    But now the biggest part,
    is all about the image
    and not the art

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18787329 after 10 days with some water but no food ended up with "a permanent urinary excretion of ketones, up to a 3-fold increase in free fatty acid plasma levels, a mean weight loss of 0.26 kg/d, and an initially secondary hyperaldosteronism. Additionally, his ability to exercise was reduced."