Thread: Good Mogu?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Good Mogu?

In all Warcraft history there has been any Mogu that does not think themselves as "We are Gods!" and was good? Any chance they could exist, somewhere, anywhere, hidden? Maybe with all the Mogu females? Or all the Mogu are just as good-hearted as the orcs of Sauron?

Mogu and Vrykul are on the same levels of good. If only Ra-Den cared enough to be their Odyn.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryon21 View Post
    In all Warcraft history there has been any Mogu that does not think themselves as "We are Gods!" and was good? Any chance they could exist, somewhere, anywhere, hidden? Maybe with all the Mogu females? Or all the Mogu are just as good-hearted as the orcs of Sauron?
    There are almost no mogu "females", new mogu are created. They unlike the other titan races never really strayed from their original form of reproduction.

As far as we know the mogu were all commonly tied to pandaria, trying to take over the job of the titans themselves, which was too much to handle in the end. So like many other titan races once they got free will they turned out quite barbaric.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryon21 View Post
    Yes Emperor Tsao was a good Mogu he tried to reform the slave system giving Pandaren more rights.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    There are almost no mogu "females", new mogu are created. They unlike the other titan races never really strayed from their original form of reproduction.

As far as we know the mogu were all commonly tied to pandaria, trying to take over the job of the titans themselves, which was too much to handle in the end. So like many other titan races once they got free will they turned out quite barbaric.
    Some Mogu during Lei Shen's rule were created by titan machinery but after he died knowledge of the device was lost only to be rediscovered during the Pandaren conflict. Most Mogu are born where we don't know where the women are but they exist.

Most of the Mogu women things in game are a joke because Blizz often makes only one model for mobs instead of a male and female one.

As I recall the statue in Sri-La Village is of a Mogu who the Pandaren admired due to his reforms including but not limited to Pandaren Rights.

Mogu are individuals and probably totally capable of not being evil, but apart from footnotes there aren't any examples of characters.
    Maybe there will be in future but the ship has probably sailed on that one, I can't think they're likely to resurface as important any time soon.

Prior to being infected with the curse of flesh they were protectors. Once the Old Gods influenced them, like many others, they went a little nutty and were bent on power and greed.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Prior to being infected with the curse of flesh they were protectors. Once the Old Gods influenced them, like many others, they went a little nutty and were bent on power and greed.
    Unlike the other races though we have no currently friendly members of the same race running around.

Iron Dwarves, Dwarves in general, Vrykul, Tol'vir, Giants, even Troggs have several friendly members who you can interact with. As far as I know ingame no such Mogu Member exists. I would argue its even stranger that they don't exist when you consider the rise of Lei Shen. You don't get to the top like that without making some enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Unlike the other races though we have no currently friendly members of the same race running around.

Iron Dwarves, Dwarves in general, Vrykul, Tol'vir, Giants, even Troggs have several friendly members who you can interact with. As far as I know ingame no such Mogu Member exists. I would argue its even stranger that they don't exist when you consider the rise of Lei Shen. You don't get to the top like that without making some enemies.
    Like the Kalaxi they follow power.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

The "best" (or most neutral) Mogu is Lu'lin, of the Twin Consort fight. Her quotes during the encounter aren't angry or aggressive at all. She, in fact, only seems to want us to survive, but seems to be forced to listen to Suen for some reason. She encourages us to not make Suen angry, and leave in every phase she's alive. If the raid party wipes, she asks if it was all necessary. Her only aggressive quotes are actually unused ("Just leave me alone!" and "You do not belong here!")

Two other Mogu that seem fairly neutral are Monara (the last Mogu Queen before Lei Shen), who is only a tormented spirit now, and Vian the Volatile from the Brawler's Guild. even then, both mobs attack you, and Vian wants to see the world burn - but at least he plays by the rules in a fight club?

Otherwise, no, there aren't that many friendly Mogu mobs. They're mostly depicted in the likes of the Thunder King - feeling as though the world is theirs to rule.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    The "best" (or most neutral) Mogu is Lu'lin, of the Twin Consort fight. Her quotes during the encounter aren't angry or aggressive at all. She, in fact, only seems to want us to survive, but seems to be forced to listen to Suen for some reason. She encourages us to not make Suen angry, and leave in every phase she's alive. If the raid party wipes, she asks if it was all necessary. Her only aggressive quotes are actually unused ("Just leave me alone!" and "You do not belong here!")

Two other Mogu that seem fairly neutral are Monara (the last Mogu Queen before Lei Shen), who is only a tormented spirit now, and Vian the Volatile from the Brawler's Guild. even then, both mobs attack you, and Vian wants to see the world burn - but at least he plays by the rules in a fight club?

Otherwise, no, there aren't that many friendly Mogu mobs. They're mostly depicted in the likes of the Thunder King - feeling as though the world is theirs to rule.
    Feng the Accursed wasn't that bad either then by that logic.

I mean, it even could be taken that he was trying to prevent something, with his dying lines being "If they only knew... what horrors await..."

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Some Mogu during Lei Shen's rule were created by titan machinery but after he died knowledge of the device was lost only to be rediscovered during the Pandaren conflict. Most Mogu are born where we don't know where the women are but they exist.

Most of the Mogu women things in game are a joke because Blizz often makes only one model for mobs instead of a male and female one.
    It is more than a joke though, this is the entry for the adventure guide.

The Twin Consorts are said to be greatest of the Thunder King's treasures. Rumored to be the only known female mogu in existence, Lei Shen keeps his trophies close and their combined arsenal against interlopers closer.
    Mogu either don't reproduce anymore or have different means of procreation. They entirely reversed the curse of flesh so I wouldn't put it past them to be able to create new mogu, but not as fast as the forges.

Emperor Tsao allowed the pandaren to read, write and start schools and was liked enough by the pandaren to not have his statue desecrated when the pandaren took power.

Aside from that, I think mogu are similar to vrykul in that they're both bound to a very aggressive culture. I don't think they're inherently evil or are at least as evil as historical warrior cultures like Vikings, Mongols and Zulus were in real life.

Slightly off topic, I think I'd like to mogu and other races from Wrath up to Legion get more representation in-game. One scenario I played around with in my head was a much bigger and more influential Argent Dawn that incorporated some races from Outland (Arakkoa and Ethereals), Northrend, Pandaria and the Broken Isles. It would be cool to see a vrykul, an etheral, a tol'vir, a mogu and a drogbar rush into battle together.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is more than a joke though, this is the entry for the adventure guide.

Mogu either don't reproduce anymore or have different means of procreation. They entirely reversed the curse of flesh so I wouldn't put it past them to be able to create new mogu, but not as fast as the forges.
    Key word is rumored. This actually supports the hidden females theory Lei Shen kept them hidden within the deepest reaches of the Throne of Thunder far from the eyes of outsiders.

We know they had children after Lei Shen. Emperor Dojan Firecrown had a son Dojan the Second. Also not all had the curse reversed only those favored by Lei Shen. In Vol'jin's book they are flesh same with the Mantid short story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    There likely could be "good" Mogu here and there, but they would be an extreme exception to the rule. The Mogu, as a people, have a deep and abiding sense of their own superiority compared to the other races of Azeroth. This often causes them to act haughty and aloof, but a few like Emperor Tsao mentioned above have translated this superiority into a sense of needing to act as a steward over Azeroth.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I always thought we could have done more with fleshshaping and the titan construct machines. Before Magni came back in legion I suggested that it would be interesting to use the mogu magic on him. And creating an army out of thin air wouldn't be so bad against the legion. I wish they could have brought some of the giant mogu statues to life.

There was the stone Mogu that was guarding the Heart of Y'shaarj to give an indication of how Mogu were meant to be. He escaped the curse of flesh and the cultural shifts.

It's possible Pandaria yet holds a few more like that. But overall, it would seem that the inactivity of Ra-Den, the curse of flesh, and the cultural influence of Mogu like the Thunder King, has shifted them far away from the noble protectors they were intended to be. And since only the original stone ones are immortal, any Mogu that isn't one from this time and has been isolated, is unlikely to have escaped these cultural shifts.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Key word is rumored. This actually supports the hidden females theory Lei Shen kept them hidden within the deepest reaches of the Throne of Thunder far from the eyes of outsiders.
    They would still be incredibly rare, as far as the story indicates female mogu almost do not exist.
    We know they had children after Lei Shen. Emperor Dojan Firecrown had a son Dojan the Second. Also not all had the curse reversed only those favored by Lei Shen. In Vol'jin's book they are flesh same with the Mantid short story.
    Those children don't necessarily need a real mother though, out of all the autonomous titanforged the mogu were the most advanced and even created other races.

10+ Year Old Account
    They would still be incredibly rare, as far as the story indicates female mogu almost do not exist.

Those children don't necessarily need a real mother though, out of all the autonomous titanforged the mogu were the most advanced and even created other races.
    You have to remember Lei Shen took the titans mogu creation secret to his grave any children could not have been created but born.
    Last edited by Nathreim; 2017-06-18 at 03:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I think that the problem is that just being near pandaren gives you genocidal tendencies. Could be the reason why all mogu we met were the way they were.

- - - Updated - - -

They aren't natural. Fanda king sucked Anime out of ra-dens ass and then used it to create his waifus. He used that other stuff for saurok and shiet.