56 15.14%
  • No.

249 67.30%
  • I really can't say.

65 17.57%
Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Are ghosts real?

Do you believe human beings exist beyond death and become "ghosts"? I have no way to universally phrase this...what do you think is beyond us IF you think there is something? I can't prove there isn't.

I am legit interested in what you think.
    Last edited by whynotchris; 2017-06-18 at 02:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by whynotchris View Post
    Do you believe human beings exist beyond death and become "ghosts"?
    Ghosts...in that way?
    No.

If such exists these days they're probably something akin to memory fragments of a sort.

As far as ethereal beings that are translucent and can pass through matter and all that jazz? Yea probably something close to it somewhere in the cosmos.

But do I think there's some sort of ghostly image inside of us that floats out on death? I vote no, just wishful thinking. We're made of dirt and we'll return to dirt at some point. It's just arrogant to think we're so important that there's a copy of us that'l live on after death, but no such thing for animals / sea cucumbers.

Really no wrong answers. I wasn't positive how to phrase it, but actually all answers are interesting to me.

There is no magic or supernatural force in the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    There is no magic or supernatural force in the universe.
    I agree but ANYONE WHO DISAGREES please don't be afraid to say so or vote so...I'm not gonna harp on you or anything. Just a legit curiosity.

Ghosts aren't real.

/ghost floats by and says "Boo."

Uuuuummmmmmmm......

/shrugs

/closes closet full of ghost repellent

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    The way I was told once, by definition the supernatural does not exist.
    If something exists then it's a part of nature that we don't understand yet as we haven't collected enough proof to obeserve it.
    Personally i' choose to aleast think of these things could exist(I never seen a platypus but how do I know everyone is not lieing to me about them existing), But I would take any tale of ghosts with alteast grain of salt, thou I wouldn't go looking regardless

OP is kinda fuzzy on what he wants to discuss. There is belief and there is proof. If you believe something, then you believe. Belief does not require proof. To prove something requires evidence.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, there is no life after death unless you count whatever eats your body after you die.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

No, there is no evidence for them, and if you say those stupid shows that stay somewhere haunted as proof, they are fake.

I think it's silly to say that there is no such thing as ghosts or anything similar. There is a lot that we don't understand. Perhaps it's not ghosts in the way of like a dead relative floating around watching you but what if there was another being out there that we simply cannot see. I think about it like this. Lets say you have a dual band router that router is capable of broadcasting out on a 2.4 and a 5ghz frequency. If your using a device that does not have a dual band adapter it will only see the 2.4ghz signal. That does not mean that the 5ghz signal is not there it simply means that device does not know how to scan for that frequency or acknowledges its existence. I still think there is a lot we do not know.
    Last edited by avx81; 2017-06-18 at 03:01 AM.

Deleted
    No they would have found them at the large hadron collider.

Quote Originally Posted by avx81 View Post
    I think it's silly to say that there is no such thing as ghosts or anything similar. There is a lot that we don't understand. Perhaps it's not ghosts in the way of like a dead relative floating around watching you but what if there was another being out there that we simply cannot see. I think about it like this. Lets say you have a dual band router that router is capable of broadcasting out on a 2.4 and a 5ghz frequency. If your using a device that does not have a dual band adapter it will only see the 2.4ghz signal. That does not mean that the 5ghz signal is not there it simply means that device does not know how to scan for that frequency or acknowledges its existence. I still think there is a lot we do not know.
    Like evolving a new sense, just think about blind animals and how the sense of seeing opened a whole new world.

There is a Ghost in Sydney Australia, known as the Wakehurst Parkway Ghost .
    Who haunts a stretch of road in Sydney after dark

Travelers along the road after midnight have reported the presence of a young lady in the back seat of their car.

And if you do not tell the apparition to disappear it will run you off the road.

Some skeptics who do not believe in Ghosts are even scared the travel the road after midnight..

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...20304ddceaf272

Wakehurst Parkway is a main roadway near Frenchs Forest located approximately 26 kilometres from the heart of Sydney NSW Australia. A notorious stretch of road known for its many fatal crashes and eerie atmosphere. Not only is the area creepy after dark but the road also has dark history as a dumping ground for bodies of Sydney murder victims.

For many years stories of a classic “Lady in White” ghost has been witnessed along the road near where Wakehurst Parkway meets Warringah Road.

The legend speaks of the ghost of a girl named “Kelly” who is reported to mysteriously appear in people vehicles whilst travelling late at night, especially after midnight. Legend says that if you do not inform the girl that her presence is not wanted, she telekinetically makes your car veer off the road and crash.
    I must remember not to post stupid stuff when very drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since no one has been able to document any properly I'm pretty sure ghost sightings are just temporary auditory/visual hallucinations.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

10+ Year Old Account
    They're fucking real. Confirmed gif of a longer clip:

Spooked my guts RIGHT OFF.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by avx81 View Post
    Scientists propose explanations for things that they can't detect/haven't yet detected all the time. Dark matter/energy is an example. They saw something behaving in a way outside of their predictions, so they come up with (and test) hypotheses for why. Problem with this paranormal crap is that when the behavior is "grandma saw something spooky" the simplest explanation to propose is "grandma is a human and humans have notoriously fallible senses."

So no. It's not silly to say there's no such thing as ghosts.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    They're fucking real. Confirmed gif of a longer clip:

Spooked my guts RIGHT OFF.
    Dear god thats one hell of a camera to capture a ghost. This proves that they are real.

You think overpopulation is bad now?

Imagine being a ghost.