• Yes.

56 15.14%
  • No.

249 67.30%
  • I really can't say.

65 17.57%
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Really can't say yes or no. From scientific point, there's no possibility from any known laws of nature. On the other hands, they are just temporary models that only light up a tiny portion of exitence. I'm normally bending to say "no", but there are some facts. Firstly, my father had twice seen ghosts. I questioned him about every detail over 15 years and he never shown any smallest contradiction in any detail. Once it was a tranclucent white cloaked figure, other time - a black 3d shadow, seen by several people at once, plus some physical destruction of the house.
    But I would not really take it into consideration, if not the case of "spiritualism". You know, candles, big paper with latters and numbers, a small plate with an arrow pointer. Me & my parents did it. I never drunk a bit, had no expectations, just pure interest to see whether it will work. The plate actually moved, but what was the most disturbing fact is that it couldn't possibly be someone pushing it - our hands could not catch up with it, it was literally flying on the table from letter to letter, 10-20 cm away from our hands.There was zero possibility of any trickery on that case. Still I don't state anything by that, I have too few facts, but it just happened. Denying to accept that you've really seen something out of sticking to idea of materialism is just same ideological dogmatism imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    There is no magic or supernatural force in the universe.
    Sweet, little ants on Earth know how the entire universe works.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by whynotchris View Post
    Really no wrong answers
    There is though The laws of physics are not matters of opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    There is no magic or supernatural force in the universe.
    not our universe anyway.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by namecraft View Post
    this guy sounds like an expert on dying
    There's quite a few of them here in this thread.

Watch, I can do it too.... When you die you are just going back to where you were before you were born. No big deal. See how matter-of-factly I said that? Like I know everything in the universe and how everything works. You'd almost think that playing video games was the reason everyone here is so enlightened.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    not our universe anyway.
    okay. because you said it it is so.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Sweet, little ants on Earth know how the entire universe works.
    We have a decent understanding of it, yes.
    But saying magic exists just cause we didn't search the whole universe is drivel.

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    There is though The laws of physics are not matters of opinion.
    Can they be broken?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Can they be broken?
    Everything we know suggests they cant.

Deleted
    Ye, but they hate black people for some reason.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Well... 6.1 billion of the 7.3 billion people on this planet believe in one form of religion or another, and most of them have some form of afterlife, ie. "ghosts". I suppose 71% of the forumgoers having their heads screwed on straight is much better than 17%.

Still, sad.
    It's wild how religion and belief in the so-called supernatural can afflict even otherwise reasonably intelligent people. My dad for instance is actually a pretty smart guy who is highly educated, a really nice home, nice vehicles and all that jazz but recently upon losing his keys he came to the conclusion my mother, who has been dead since 2012, hid his keys as "payback" for a time back in the day when he lost hers. There's other weird stuff like that he believes. It's crazy, he cannot be convinced out of it. There's many people like that.

That aside, I bet a lot of those 6.1 billion people you mention don't even **really** believe in that religion stuff. They just claim it because others in their family and community do, or because they'll be punished or ostracized if they profess disbelief. Many may hold a belief of a belief in god instead of a belief in god himself. They probably know Jesus didn't actually res from the dead and there is no kingdom in the sky after you die. But let's say in the vanishingly small off-chance folks like you and I who don't believe in ghosts and whatnot are wrong and after dying we find ourselves like "OMG here I stand in some afterlife" or right now the sky opens up and some god appears or whatever. Even then it's not "supernatural." Nothing trumps nature. No matter how weird an observation, it is natural. Mother Nature is the be all and end all of reality. Something so odd, like the ghost of a dead relative appearing, would just be above our current ability to understand.

Deleted
    No. /endthread
    Physics friends, learn it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not on this plane of existence, or there would be proof by now. But life is such a special thing that it seems like waste to me if souls won't be "recycled" in a form or another.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dunno, although I remember in school we drew a small ouiji board on the desk and I shit you not when I say the empty ink cartridge I was using started to move on it own that freaked me out for weeks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Not on this plane of existence, or there would be proof by now. But life is such a special thing that it seems like waste to me if souls won't be "recycled" in a form or another.
    You die, your body gets consumed by bugs, fungus and bacteria and turned back into energy for other living things. There's not much waste.

There's no reason to think something like a soul exists. If it doesn't exist, it can't be wasted.

Deleted
    its too easy to say "no, because science!".
    there are many things that the brightest scientists cant explain.
    like the soul that is inside all living creatures. without a soul we would just be a skin bag filled blood, muscles and bones.
    what is the soul? where does it come from? why is it there? what happens to it when we die?

we cant say yes or no, to if ghosts exsist, because we simply dont know the answer for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by egeszsegere View Post
    like the soul that is inside all living creatures. without a soul we would just be a skin bag filled blood, muscles and bones.
    what is the soul? where does it come from? why is it there? what happens to it when we die?
    lol

"Damn science for not being able to explain this thing I've made up and can't demonstrate to actually exist! Damn them all!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by egeszsegere View Post
    its too easy to say "no, because science!".

we cant say yes or no, to if ghosts exsist, because we simply dont know the answer for sure.
    We can. If it's immeasurable and observable it doesn't exist.
    Souls aren't real either.

There are approximately 2 Billion smartphones in the world, I have a strong feeling that if ghosts were real, we'd have seen at least 1 legitimate picture or video by now, or for those that think there are real video's out there, odds are we would have thousands of them, not just 1 or 2.

Just the fact that some people see all sorts of shadow beings during sleep paralysis, is proof enough for me, that it's peoples mind that conjures it all up. It's nothing real, just a figment of imagination.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharjo View Post
    We can. If it's immeasurable and observable it doesn't exist.
    Souls aren't real either.
    Yeah, I'm fairly sure, souls were invented by religion. I think maybe egeszsegere has conscience and soul mixed up.