Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    It's good that a fun toy that can actually be played with has become a trend like yoyos, frisbees or rubiks cubes instead of some retarded app or similar.

Isn't this fad over? It's like 3 months old at this point.

I have kids. They are all around my house.

I have a set of Chinese stress balls, well 2 sets. I'm the only person I know that has them. But they usually sit in a box 99%, unless I'm really stressed out. It's like playing with my balls except they have a slight jingle and I can't spin my bald around each other in my sack. So these are a healthier alternative.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Don't see how this works as a stress relief (yes I watched the video) - you could fidget with whatever else you have lying around a pen or whatever.
    It's completely different than twirling a pen around your finger though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    When I see people playing with these damn things in the middle of a conversation, I just want to smack them. It's about as rude as pulling out your phone.
    If it's someone with ADHD, then they're playing with it because they're paying attention to you. If they weren't playing with it, they'd be drumming their fingers, doodling, or looking all around the place. You're not going to get their full and undivided attention, because they are not capable of doing that. So we use things like this to distract part of our brains enough that the rest of us can focus unhindered. Making us stop is going to make us more distracted and less able to pay attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    got one and a fidgit cude. I've tested them base on quality and this really is a case of how many shitty versions of these things can be made, cheap materials.

The best one I've had came from japan, from a legit company that makes them, the store I work at sells all different branded versions of them, but their all crap compared to the one I got from japan.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    No they're fucking autistic.

Ps I am autistic and I think people playing with them that have no disabilities whatsoever should be laughed at. They're annoying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    No they're fucking autistic.

Ps I am autistic and I think people playing with them that have no disabilities whatsoever should be laughed at. They're annoying.
    Well fuck you then

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyamine View Post
    Well fuck you then
    Great argument. Care to elaborate?

I tried them once, drove me mad. No stress relief in my case for sure.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If it's someone with ADHD, then they're playing with it because they're paying attention to you. If they weren't playing with it, they'd be drumming their fingers, doodling, or looking all around the place. You're not going to get their full and undivided attention, because they are not capable of doing that. So we use things like this to distract part of our brains enough that the rest of us can focus unhindered. Making us stop is going to make us more distracted and less able to pay attention.
    As someone who has ADHD, even I can hold a conversation without getting distracted.

I'm not autistic, so no, I don't have one.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Don't see how this works as a stress relief (yes I watched the video) - you could fidget with whatever else you have lying around a pen or whatever.
    Does it seem like that type of thing you'd understand without trying it? It's soothing as fuck, even the cheap china genji-star knockoff I got with bad ballbearings was really soothing until I wore it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest View Post
    QFT

Toys like this are designed for autistic people and such.
    They're also good for anxiety.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    They probably hit Australia this weekend.
    Burn
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

I have one of the less popular fidget cubes. I enjoy it while I'm working.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest View Post
    QFT

Toys like this are designed for autistic people and such.
    Also quite useful for my PTSD,whenever I feel a panic attack or flashbacks coming I just grab mine.
    Focusing on the spinning and feedback it gives helps me "stay in 2017" as it were.

Plus I have one made solely from metal,makes it a bit heavier and harder to spin,which is ideal for me really.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I've had one for about 6 months. Paid a little extra for a quieter bearing, so I wouldn't annoy people around me.

It's about the tactile feedback for me. I really don't have any interest in "tricks" (which look abysmally stupid to me; pen or yo-yo tricks both look more "neat"), and the digital app version just seem spectacularly stupid.

I have it for the same reason I have a fidget cube. It's less a "toy" and more a way to occupy my hands.
    Exactly, it's feeling how the rotation and gravity interact that's soothing to me.

I like to think it's exercise for our spatial intelligence, something that is otherwise rarely exercised. (except for in individuals who literally exercise, even then hands rarealy get attention)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    fidget spinner is the new member of the vape, fedora, those future looking skateboard things, etc family
    Everything new is going into that group because people in charge of memes now are moving into the generation so fucking scared of anything new.

Go on, what's the latest 'new' invention that you didn't shun away from because "only the young people uses it".

A little self-awareness please so we can all skip this embarassment.

My nephews have them, gave me the opportunity to try them.
    And I personally found them rather underwhelming.
    Maybe a result of the usual generic cheap rubbish, maybe they just aren't my thing.

My eldest nephew lost interest quite quickly, so for him it was simply a fad.
    My youngest seems more obsessed though I suspect more due to the peer pressure part.
    As despite rules otherwise, will take it into school.
    Had one confiscated that way because it has a bladed shape, making it rather sharp.
    It wasn't practical even in any way as a spinner, it was all about form over function.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-06-18 at 07:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Probably the only fidget spinner trick that isn't stupid.