56 15.14%
  • No.

249 67.30%
  • I really can't say.

65 17.57%
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by whynotchris View Post
    Do you believe human beings exist beyond death and become "ghosts"? I have no way to universally phrase this...what do you think is beyond us IF you think there is something? I can't prove there isn't.

I am legit interested in what you think.
    No.

Here's the problem with claims such as ghosts. It is an extraordinary claim. I'm not required to disprove an extraordinary claim. Those that make such claims need to provide that proof.

As far as ghosts go, in reality, the vast, overwhelming majority of evidence is known to be BS. There are a very, very small number of incidents that are not easily explained, but just because we can't easily answer what is going on doesn't mean that the default answer is ghosts, aliens, etc.

Do some digging, and you'll understand what I mean by BS. The Amityville house was a made-up story the owners (the Lutzes). Tons of examples of double exposure pictures, photographic manipulation (yes, even before photoshop using things like long exposures), pareidolia (human nature to see faces and people in random inanimate objects as well as hearing meaningful things in random noise), random flash reflections, bugs reflecting light, etc, etc.

Despite our desires to be more than what we are, there simply isn't any evidence that there is any "beyond". All we have is wishful thinking in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Personal experiences, which I'd rather not get into.
    So you had a day dream or got spooked by something you can't explain. That's no evidence.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Deleted
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/sc...-a7598026.html

Ghosts definitely aren't real because the biggest science experiment in the world would have found them by now, according to Brian Cox.

People have wondered for perhaps as long as life itself whether people's spirits can live on in the world once their body dies. But the TV professor says that they definitely don't, since CERN's Large Hadron Collider (LHC) would have stumbled across one
    this isnt even worth talking about, like climate denial or flat earth.

I had a couple completely unexplainable experiences in the house I grew up in. Other people have had experiences there too.

I remember at around 2001 I read a webpage of a ghost hunter. This was way before this stuff got popular on tv. He had pages about his investigations. He was retired at this point but one of his theories was that the activity isn't ghosts. He had a friend who had access to high speed camera equipment and they set it up at a place he was investigating. He said they caught photos of strange looking things and what looked like a portal opening and two beings stepping out from. He said that they weren't ghosts because these didn't resemble humans at all. The experience made him think a lot about his investigations. He thought that if ghosts weren't really ghosts but were instead beings from another dimension it would explain a lot of strange activity. He said that it would better explain why ghosts don't act in ways that would be logical for something was human.

I always thought that was an interesting read especially from the early internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    When my dad died, I thought he was haunting my mums home. He was the kind of guy that would take a piss at night and no bother to flush, meaning in the past I'd go to the toilet at night and find it unflushed.

After he died, probably a year after, I noticed how when going to use the upstairs toilet in the morning, the water was pee colored. I asked mum if she forgot to flush at night but no, she always would, she herself hating it when dad wouldn't flush at night.
    I thought for a while that dad was haunting the place, leaving ghost pee like he always use to.. until I found out it was caused by a blockage in the pipe making waste come back up at night.

There is always a rational explanation for this kinda shit.
    #boycottchina

This thread again.

Phenomenon that we call "ghost", does exist. Brains are easy to fool. Even accidentally. It is very easy for normal people to halucinate specific kind of stuff when conditions are right. Seriously, while I cant link anything, if I recall correctly about 70% of people will start to see shadows moving behind them, see some "things" look over your shoulder, see faces of people of real or unreal people, possibly dead or alive, if you just keep starting at a mirror at right conditions for a while. Brains get bored. They must receive information. If they dont receive information, they may as well start to generate it themselves. Causing certain unusual conditions can make you see some odd stuff. Seeing something doesnt mean its real.

Ghosts as in lingering spirits of dead people. No.

What should I answer to the poll? I believe in the first description I gave. I have seen that sort of stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Supernatural beings and magic don't exist, so no.
    Putin khuliyo

If there's one thing Ghost Adventures (and other similar shows about the paranormal) has taught me it's that ghosts aren't real.

10+ Year Old Account
    No.
    /10charsforthechargod

Deleted
    Depends. Do you read breitbart and think it is "real news"?

Or Infowars?

And do you think chemtrails are real?

Then, and only then, there are probably also real ghosts. The ones that haunt Donald Trump when he wants to remove democracy. The ones who say "KILL! KILLLL!" to the guy who runs the Motel..

But in any other case: No, there arent any ghosts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Humans existing as ghosts as we imagine them after they die? probably not
    "I really can't say" though if something "supernatural" exists in the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Above (what happened to my quote) is an example on why I won't get into it. Ignorant ass shit.
    Ignorant is to believe without prove.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

7+ Year Old Account
    No, not at all. It's not possible. Anyone who claims ghosts are real is either on drugs, mentally ill or just a liar.

Is god real?
    Are reptilian overlords real?
    Will Cthulu rise from the darkest corners of the sea to take over the world?

Deleted
    Reason why it has no science is to make morons belivie in that it dont exist. You shits have no clue what exists out there.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    There is no magic or supernatural force in the universe.
    this statment coming from a mere dot in the universe? you cannot just say no magic or supernatural in the universe.

i mean the blackhole itself is supernatural and cannot be imagined.

Deleted
    Well.. maybe? My theory would be, if they are real, it's some kind of bleed through effect from a parallel reality. In any case, ghosts of dead people probably aren't real, no.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    i mean the blackhole itself is supernatural and cannot be imagined.
    No, it is a natural consequence of gravitation.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    No, it is a natural consequence of gravitation.
    its not just natural consquences, a being that destroy all the physics laws you know, blackhole is supernatural, a small dot that eat the largest stuff in the universe.