Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    I'm not advocating violence against this kid for what he did but at the same time we have absolutely no idea or way of knowing what kinds of decisions this kid will make in the future based upon the punishment he received from his boss. For all we know he may go out next month and do something far worse.
    the people who do little crimes will lead to big crimes if there not punished has always been and will always be bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Almost evil as a person that thinks our prison system is meant to reform.

Hmm, maybe evil isn't the right word.
    ignorant? uninformed? horrible stupid? theirs many words you could use.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    Boss would have been better served by calling the cops and removing the kid from his life.

Kid is a raging piece of shit. Always will be. You can't help someone like him. Just keeping checking the obits for his eventual early demise.
    Eh it was his prerogative. There's enough evidence casting doubt on the effectiveness of prisons in preventing recidivism, especially in the US. There's every reason to believe he would have come out worse for having gone to prison. He may still turn out shit anyway. At his age I'd be inclined to give him another chance, especially for a petty crime. No violence was committed, no reason to throw the book at him.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Torture, really? Humiliating for sure, but I think you're really throwing things out real far if you think this is anything close to torture. Public shaming is a pretty horrible thing to do, but for what he did, it's something he'll hopefully never forget. I'd rather young people have a lesson like this and learn from it than push him into the legal system and destroy his future.

Everyone fucks up and I don't think that we should punish people straight away for their first time pushing the boundaries. It's only when they learn where the line is that they'll be able to understand and respect it. Push them into a system that takes away their future, and they'll end up pushing further over the line as you've taken away a big part of their future life.
    I consider public humiliation phycological torture.
    What he did was only slightly better than pushing the kid to the legal system. There are lots and lots of other ways to punish someone for minor offenses which doesn't include ruining their life.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Almost evil as a person that thinks our prison system is meant to reform.

Hmm, maybe evil isn't the right word.
    Our prison system was originally meant to reform it's inmates. Now we just stick them in a box as far away from us possible with little chance to better themselves, learn a skill, change the course of their life so they become repeat offenders. No, evil isn't even close to the right word.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    Eh it was his prerogative. There's enough evidence casting doubt on the effectiveness of prisons in preventing recidivism, especially in the US. There's every reason to believe he would have come out worse for having gone to prison. He may still turn out shit anyway. At his age I'd be inclined to give him another chance, especially for a petty crime. No violence was committed, no reason to throw the book at him.
    He stole over 30k. That's not a petty crime, that's a felony.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Everyone fucks up and I don't think that we should punish people straight away for their first time pushing the boundaries. It's only when they learn where the line is that they'll be able to understand and respect it. Push them into a system that takes away their future, and they'll end up pushing further over the line as you've taken away a big part of their future life.
    Pushing the boundaries? To find out what kind of theft he can get away with? The idea of theft, and why it is wrong, isn't a hard concept. He stole shit like a Rolex. He wasn't desperate for necessities. Total shitbird.
    Last edited by Captain Proton; 2017-06-18 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    the people who do little crimes will lead to big crimes if there not punished has always been and will always be bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

ignorant? uninformed? horrible stupid? theirs many words you could use.
    Don't put words in my mouth just so you can use a strawman rebuttal. What I said is simply that no one knows what this kid will do in the future or whether the punishment he did get will have any lasting effect in terms of the decisions he makes with the rest of his life. Its pretentious to assume we do know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    Never was a fan public shaming. I bet the kid is broken inside and will end up in a bad place.
    You want to help him learn? Make him work twice as much to make the money back, don't torture the kid, you sick bastard!!
    You're right, poor kid. The owner should have done the right thing and took him to court, getting him arrested and imprisoned. Then the teen would no longer have been broken inside and he would have been in a great place, the prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    You're right, poor kid. The owner should have done the right thing and took him to court, getting him arrested and imprisoned. Then the teen would no longer have been broken inside and he would have been in a great place, the prison.
    That's not what the person you quoted said at all.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    Don't put words in my mouth just so you can use a strawman rebuttal. What I said is simply that no one knows what this kid will do in the future or whether the punishment he did get will have any lasting effect in terms of the decisions he makes with the rest of his life. Its pretentious to assume we do know.
    "For all we know he may go out next month and do something far worse."

as i said minor crimes leading to bigger crimes has always and will always be bullshit. i don't need to put any words in your mouth what you said shows you think that to at least some extent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    He should have beaten the kid and then drove over his hands with the pickup to crush them beyond repair. Then he can't steal anymore.

Stealing from someone who housed you and gave you a job is beyond redemption. A good person would not have done this in the first place. A missed opportunity to stop a scumbag.
    That edge is razor sharp bruv!

He should have beaten the kid and then drove over his hands with the pickup to crush them beyond repair. Then he can't steal anymore.

Stealing from someone who housed you and gave you a job is beyond redemption. A good person would not have done this in the first place. A missed opportunity to stop a scumbag.
    I agree. His boss housed him, gave him a job, and didn't report him after stealing?

Jesus...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karfal View Post
    I agree. His boss housed him, gave him a job, and didn't report him after stealing?

Jesus...
    Perhaps he gave good head /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    As if these two are the only options.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    He stole 30k and the boss let him off with that? I'd break the kids arms and hands. Assuming if I caught them. I fucking hate thieves.
    Oh shut the fuck up. You know what I hate? Pussies who post on the Internet about how tough they are and how much they'd hurt people.

You wouldn't do that for two reasons:

1) regardless of your posturing, you're not physically capable of doing something like that, particularly if the other party in the situation wouldn't allow you

2) if you ever did - or hell, even tried - you would be guilty of pre-meditated aggravated assault; a crime which, I might point out, carries a much steeper penalty than theft.

You ain't shit.

You know what I find even MORE amusing about you though?

Around the same time as you made this post, you also posted this gem about the use of violence:

Depends on the problem. Some dude calls you a dick? Not worth violence. Getting attacked by another human/animal that can hurt you? Worth using violence to get them to stop. Just most situations violence can be avoided.
    And followed it up with:

Well it's not a black and white issue. So many variables. Just from my personal experiences violence tends to creat more problems then it solves.
    So which is it, killer?
    Last edited by Atrea; 2017-06-18 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Oh shut the fuck up. You know what I hate? Pussies who post on the Internet about how tough they are and how much they'd hurt people.

You wouldn't do that for two reasons:

1) regardless of your posturing, you're not physically capable of doing something like that, particularly if the other party in the situation wouldn't allow you

2) if you ever did - or hell, even tried - you would be guilty of pre-meditated aggravated assault; a crime which, I might point out, carries a much steeper penalty than theft.

You ain't shit.

You know what I find even MORE amusing about you though?

Around the same time as you made this post, you also posted this gem about the use of violence:

And followed it up with:

So which is it, killer?
    Oh look, an "internet tough guy" calling out another "internet tough guy". Pretty hilarious. Rage on my brother.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    "For all we know he may go out next month and do something far worse."

as i said minor crimes leading to bigger crimes has always and will always be bullshit. i don't need to put any words in your mouth what you said shows you think that to at least some extent.
    Me saying what I did isn't the same as saying 'smaller crimes lead to bigger crimes'. It was simply stating a hypothetical possibility whether you like it or not. So yes you did put both words and intent into what I had said which wasn't there.

This isn't punishment that normal people would contemplate. What are you even thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    This isn't punishment that normal people would contemplate. What are you even thinking?
    I mean totally. He should've backed his motorcycle's rear wheel onto his testicles and then done a burnout for five minutes instead, right?

What is funny is that future employers will find this article when looking his name up. His name is on the internet. Might as well have been charged now.