Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    Woooo I'm exactly ONE MSQ from finishing ARR Taking a small break as this last quest is one of those crazy long cut scene segments but I can't wait to finally get into HW content. Out of curiosity, how long after starting HW can I unlock flying?
    You'll be able to start attuning to Aether Currents not too far in, but depending on the zone, some won't unlock flying until later when you return to other parts you simply can't access initially. Also, some Currents are only attained from key quests which, again, only unlock with MSQ progression. The last area of HW ONLY unlocks flying through key quests.

Woooo I'm exactly ONE MSQ from finishing ARR Taking a small break as this last quest is one of those crazy long cut scene segments but I can't wait to finally get into HW content. Out of curiosity, how long after starting HW can I unlock flying?
    You unlock zone by zone. So by the time you finish the MSQ in the first zone, you'll unlock flying in that zone. That's the general pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    We are here to discuss FF14. Be it the good parts of the bad/frustrating parts. The fact is the game had issues that prevented players from progressing and even breaking characters. Nobody was overplaying it. People had the right to be irritated.
    Eh, I think some were overreacting, but that's cognitive bias for you, some will read more into what they see written than others. And by the same token, I think some people are being smug jerks with the whole 'see I told you crybaby told you' attitude. There's no call for either kind of behavior.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you have a friend with a 2 seater mount they can carry you around to the currents so you don't have to wait till later to get them.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Eh, I think some were overreacting, but that's cognitive bias for you, some will read more into what they see written than others. And by the same token, I think some people are being smug jerks with the whole 'see I told you crybaby told you' attitude. There's no call for either kind of behavior.
    I do agree with you. I overreacted a little. But this isn't an echo chamber. It's a place to discuss all aspects of FF14. Positive and negative ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I do agree with you. I overreacted a little. But this isn't an echo chamber. It's a place to discuss all aspects of FF14. Positive and negative ones.
    I agree there as well, voicing concerns and acting out in opposition to them is the only way SE will ever make a change to the policies that cause these kerfuffles. But it's also true that, as terrible as they seem in the moment, so far they have been short-term issues. That's not to say we're not still having any, but they're more expected, crowding and instance congestion, as is typical of the game genre.

The only thing I hope they change their stance on is patching. It seems they're really hesitant of doing that outside of Tuesdays? Maybe it has to do with the fact that they're on consoles too and maybe have to go through hoops because of that.

I shouldn't have lvled rdm first. It's kinda boring.

fml

Homophobia is so gay.

Is it just me or is there way more side quests in Stormblood compared to Heavensward? Especially in The Ruby Seas. My map is filled with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not necessarily a bad thing; I remember having to super grind out levels between MSQ in HW. Not so bad this time around.
    And you could have it all,
    my Empire of Dirt.
    I will let you down,
    I will make you Hurt.

Oh don't get me wrong as I think it's awesome. I haven't touched a single one personally outside of the ones that unlock Aether Currents as I want to save them for my other jobs. Its nice!

IMO they need to up xp gains for side quests. Especially in arr and hw. Started trying to level my rdm with side quests and it's just not worth it. Time vs xp is so much better in POTD, by miles. It's especially annoying because you can pick up and complete quests higher than your level but you can't turn them in

Quote Originally Posted by zeropeorth View Post
    So all those crying rivers, both in this thread and in game chat that it was going to take weeks or more, it took about 2 days and the quest is fixed. They were working on it, just like they said. A little bit of patience goes a long way to not be stressed out and angry at things that in the big picture don't matter and there was no reason to make yourself miserable, and in turn, spew the anger and hate and probably made some others miserable as well. Its amazing how its not the end of the world any time a problem comes up in your life.

Now, go and have fun for a change this weekend ^_^
    I was far less angry with the MSQ issues as I was the ungodly queues. I spend 3-4 hours both Friday and yesterday waiting in queue (total) to get to play.

Now that I've moved, zero queue to log in, and I've already sold enough stuff overnight to cover the cash I spent getting a house. There's enough folks here to do FATEs with no issue. Got the boss one south of Castrum Oriens earlier, shouted out that it was up, and we downed it with 15-20 people. It's nice being able to actually see all the people and mobs at a FATE for a change. It dropped a music scroll that happened to ding the 100 scroll achievement for me.

Got past Raubahn and Pipin quests on first try after I got here, too. Granted, I cleared the Raubahn one at 4 am my time, so that helped...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Is it just me or is there way more side quests in Stormblood compared to Heavensward? Especially in The Ruby Seas. My map is filled with them.
    As someone who can't leave quests undone, I'm taking years to progress in MSQ as side-quests just keep popping up in insane amounts.

Tho, hopefully I'm not at last place in Ruby Sea with side-quests, at least MSQ is pointing towards next map.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    You'll be able to start attuning to Aether Currents not too far in, but depending on the zone, some won't unlock flying until later when you return to other parts you simply can't access initially. Also, some Currents are only attained from key quests which, again, only unlock with MSQ progression. The last area of HW ONLY unlocks flying through key quests.
    Oh okay, I guess I'll figure it out as I go through the MSQ. I did a lot of palace of the dead so I'm already level 55 and should be able to just focus on the MSQ for a while. Just got to Ishgard and man, the place is awesome. Any recommendations on gear to pick up or anything like that? I got a number of the 120 pieces from the vendor in Mor Dhona so my ilvl is 113 already but I wouldn't mind improving that a bit.

One thing you have to keep in mind is return of investment. How much it would cost them to try and speed up resolution of problems/increase resources to alleviate difficulties versus how much they'll actually lose if they don't push resolution more than necessary/accept there will be difficulties and wait for them to abate on their own.

It's frustrating, but it's also part of being a business. Even losing face isn't always a priority over muh proffitz.

Deleted
    Looking for a good glamour set for AST. something sexy. thoughts?

Oh okay, I guess I'll figure it out as I go through the MSQ. I did a lot of palace of the dead so I'm already level 55 and should be able to just focus on the MSQ for a while. Just got to Ishgard and man, the place is awesome. Any recommendations on gear to pick up or anything like that? I got a number of the 120 pieces from the vendor in Mor Dhona so my ilvl is 113 already but I wouldn't mind improving that a bit.
    I think they have all the lvl 50-60 vendor equipment in Foundation now, so you can just go there and snag anything you don't get otherwise from the MSQ, dungeons and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post
    You unlock zone by zone. So by the time you finish the MSQ in the first zone, you'll unlock flying in that zone. That's the general pattern.
    Thanks! I may look up which quests unlock flying for each area. Either that Or I'll just go through it organically. Iunno yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyriqo View Post
    Looking for a good glamour set for AST. something sexy. thoughts?
    Check out the i200 set for Centurio Seals, it's AST-specific, you may like it.