10+ Year Old Account

chaos blades/nemesis

is chaos blades/nemesis still the best build ?
    how is demon form doing ?

same build still no need to change, bis legos will be anger and new cloak for most situations. Demon form is still well ye..... lacking.

10+ Year Old Account
    how does stat priority look like now ? chaos blades was changed significantly so how does mastery does now ?
    also demon blades. read there were some changes, but then reverted. so how does it work now ? i see the ring was nerfed for DB no ? 1-6 fury generated now

For me mastery from best/second best stat went to worst, its even worse than vers. Haste and crit is the king now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    how does stat priority look like now ? chaos blades was changed significantly so how does mastery does now ?
    also demon blades. read there were some changes, but then reverted. so how does it work now ? i see the ring was nerfed for DB no ? 1-6 fury generated now
    Nobody can tell you how your stat weights look if we don't know anything about your gear.

For me, it is Crit >> Haste > Versatility > Agility > Mastery.
    For a fellow DH in my raid who is 10 ilevel behind it it Crit > Agility > Mastery and so on.

10+ Year Old Account
    is this all with demon blades ? is it still king ?? hence why haste so good ?

Haste isn't "good". It's just the other stats are trash.

With CB no longer scaling and T20 forcing First Blood onto us, Mastery lost most of its value. Haste got a lil' better because it lowers Blade Dance CD, that means we benefict more from T20 bonuses and also the legendary Cloak (10% chance on Blade Dance use to proc Chaos Blades for 6 seconds).

Demon Blades is still king and it's the same as it was on 7.2. 60% chance on AA hit to proc. (AAs still can miss just by the fact you're a dual wielder).

Summing it up, you're still gonna use the 2220311 build (Felblade + Demon Blades + First Blood).

And thats why Im starting regretting DH have only 1 dps spec. Theres basically 0 variety whole expansion, same spec for every raid with just some minor changes (after vracers nerf even this is gone) for better aoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    And thats why Im starting regretting DH have only 1 dps spec. Theres basically 0 variety whole expansion, same spec for every raid with just some minor changes (after vracers nerf even this is gone) for better aoe.
    if they actually put some work into making momentum vs nemesis vs fel eruption and chaos cleave vs first blood vs bloodlet and chaos blades vs fel barrage vs demonic an actual competition rather than just "gotta go first blood, nemesis is best even tho its fire and forget unlike momentum which takes a bit of skill and chaos blades is another fire and forget without any kind of thinking despite it having a few different mechanics.. theyre just making it simple and boring on purpose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Resentless View Post
    if they actually put some work into making momentum vs nemesis vs fel eruption and chaos cleave vs first blood vs bloodlet and chaos blades vs fel barrage vs demonic an actual competition rather than just "gotta go first blood, nemesis is best even tho its fire and forget unlike momentum which takes a bit of skill and chaos blades is another fire and forget without any kind of thinking despite it having a few different mechanics.. theyre just making it simple and boring on purpose.
    u forgot demon blades which was supposed to be the worst of the tier, yet it is by far the best whole expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    u forgot demon blades which was supposed to be the worst of the tier, yet it is by far the best whole expansion
    derp, I totally did. Thats probably the worst tier of all :/ useless balance department honestly.

Demon Blades will always be best while it can generate fury between GCDs. Honestly, I prefer that to spamming demon's bite.

As for momentum, glad it's in the trash can, too many things rely on staying in position and I don't like having my damage gimped because of not being able to FR/VR.

I've not heard good things about the new legendary cape. Something like only 18 sec of extra uptime on a decent length fight. Amounts to another use of chaos blades, and there's more useful legendaries to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Teevo View Post
    Demon Blades will always be best while it can generate fury between GCDs. Honestly, I prefer that to spamming demon's bite.

As for momentum, glad it's in the trash can, too many things rely on staying in position and I don't like having my damage gimped because of not being able to FR/VR.

I've not heard good things about the new legendary cape. Something like only 18 sec of extra uptime on a decent length fight. Amounts to another use of chaos blades, and there's more useful legendaries to use.
    People are saying: Cloak will get better with T20:

I guess it will be because you could play without Anger and still play shoulders and getting enough fury to get to 2min Meta

Higher Meta uptime -> More Blade Dance / Death Sweep since CD is lower in Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostprophet View Post
    People are saying: Cloak will get better with T20:

I guess it will be because you could play without Anger and still play shoulders and getting enough fury to get to 2min Meta

Higher Meta uptime -> More Blade Dance / Death Sweep since CD is lower in Meta.
    As it stands right now, blade dance will only net you 5 fury. They nerfed the t20 4p to only returning 20 fury.

As it stands right now, blade dance will only net you 5 fury. They nerfed the t20 4p to only returning 20 fury.
    Yes but it is still +20 Fury ( aka freecast + 5 Fury gain)

Quote Originally Posted by Lostprophet View Post
    Yes but it is still +20 Fury ( aka freecast + 5 Fury gain)
    I'm mostly saying that without the really big fury gain from the old 4p, dropping anger isn't really an option. Fury gains are already painful enough without losing AotHG.

I'm mostly saying that without the really big fury gain from the old 4p, dropping anger isn't really an option. Fury gains are already painful enough without losing AotHG.
    Ye could be We will see once we have 4pT20 (I only have one :< but hc is still up!)