Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    They are also positive they don't want migrants ruining their country like they ruined France or Sweden. Which is why they refuse to take any.
    Having an opinion is not a problem in itself. I don't see how this is breaking the EU apart. Bullshit clickbait title attracting bullshit posts...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vetis View Post
    its only seen as a mistake because the EU has an interest in making it as painful as possible to prevent others from doing the same. they'll take the short term economic hit to keep the superstate growth going.
    Leaving the EU in itself isn't painful at all. Of course, apart from losing the benefits of being in the EU. If you think that's "as painful as possible", then I must ask... why leave the EU? Ah... there we have it, you want to have the cake and eat it, too, don't you? Greedy...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Having an opinion is not a problem in itself. I don't see how this is breaking the EU apart. Bullshit clickbait title attracting bullshit posts...

- - - Updated - - -

Leaving the EU in itself isn't painful at all. Of course, apart from losing the benefits of being in the EU. If you think that's "as painful as possible", then I must ask... why leave the EU? Ah... there we have it, you want to have the cake and eat it, too, don't you? Greedy...
    The cake part does remind me of Donald Tusk (Generally a detestable person, according to most Poles I've asked), when he explained to the UK how having your cake and eating it too is impossible. However, the EU does benefit quite a lot from the countries to the east of Germany, since they are a very big market for Western goods, and a source of educated and low-paid individuals. It could survive without them, but it would be stupid (and it isn't) to antagonise them or encourage them to leave.

Poland is a somewhat unique situation with regards to the EU. If they'd choose to leave, most of the EU countries would be rushing to offer citizenship to the Poles in them, since without them the economy would literally crash. I am absolutely sure that's the case in the UK, I'm not so sure how big the Polish minority is in Germany.

It's laughable that the EU will break any time soon, especially considering that Macron's majority in the parliament seems to be about 460 out of 577 seats. And all that without asking for a strong mandate or declaring himself strong or stable.

Quote Originally Posted by Genadius View Post
    The cake part does remind me of Donald Tusk (Generally a detestable person, according to most Poles I've asked), when he explained to the UK how having your cake and eating it too is impossible. However, the EU does benefit quite a lot from the countries to the east of Germany, since they are a very big market for Western goods, and a source of educated and low-paid individuals. It could survive without them, but it would be stupid (and it isn't) to antagonise them or encourage them to leave.

Poland is a somewhat unique situation with regards to the EU. If they'd choose to leave, most of the EU countries would be rushing to offer citizenship to the Poles in them, since without them the economy would literally crash. I am absolutely sure that's the case in the UK, I'm not so sure how big the Polish minority is in Germany.

It's laughable that the EU will break any time soon, especially considering that Macron's majority in the parliament seems to be about 460 out of 577 seats. And all that without asking for a strong mandate or declaring himself strong or stable.
    I don't see where you're coming from, but that doesn't matter. What irks me is that people always talk about "EU benefitting from X" or "Y benefits from the EU" and such nonsense. The EU isn't a self serving instrument. It's a collaboration of different countries based on solidarity and achieving a common goal. No, the EU is not out to get profit off of anyone's back. And neither are countries using the EU to profit from other countries. Perhaps, just maybe, the EU has a few different goals, like... organizing Europe peacefully.

Btw, nobody would offer Poles citizenship if they left. What the hell for? To punish Poland? Jesus... the conspiracy is real.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Deleted
    I don't see where you're coming from, but that doesn't matter. What irks me is that people always talk about "EU benefitting from X" or "Y benefits from the EU" and such nonsense. The EU isn't a self serving instrument. It's a collaboration of different countries based on solidarity and achieving a common goal. No, the EU is not out to get profit off of anyone's back. And neither are countries using the EU to profit from other countries. Perhaps, just maybe, the EU has a few different goals, like... organizing Europe peacefully.

Btw, nobody would offer Poles citizenship if they left. What the hell for? To punish Poland? Jesus... the conspiracy is real.
    I agreed with you, mostly. In the unlikely situation that Poland was to leave the EU, I would imagine most people would be willing to offer Poles who live in their country citizenship. Because, you know, losing a massive amount of workers is bad for the economy.

I am fully aware that the point of the EU is to benefit all members of the EU and defend their rights. What conspiracy are you talking about? A lot of people do think that the EU is basically Germany trying to take control of Europe, or even that the EU leadership is a vile cabal set on world dominance, is that what you mean?

I agreed with you, mostly. In the unlikely situation that Poland was to leave the EU, I would imagine most people would be willing to offer Poles who live in their country citizenship. Because, you know, losing a massive amount of workers is bad for the economy.

I am fully aware that the point of the EU is to benefit all members of the EU and defend their rights. What conspiracy are you talking about? A lot of people do think that the EU is basically Germany trying to take control of Europe, or even that the EU leadership is a vile cabal set on world dominance, is that what you mean?
    Poles have worked in Germany long before the EU invited Poland. You don't need the EU to have those workers get working permits. It's a national decision first and foremost. Don't need to give them citizenship outright.

Crashing Poland's economy by giving workers citizenship in other countries... that's very far fetched, if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    #Czechout?
    I swear almost every one of these portmanteaus makes more sense than "Brexit".
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    What "EU norms of democracy and the rule of law"?

Did we forget that it was the EU itself that disregarded the laws completely when they let in the economic migrants in droves at the behest of Merkel and Germany? It is the Visegrad group that is the thorn in the heel of EU because they are such stubborn sticklers for the rule of law. And they have every right to be. What was promised was an economic pact, what EU turned out to be is all but that. Brussels dictates the rules, and all the countries should just fall in order.

Fuck that. We did not get rid of the communists just to be taking orders from Brussels' technocrats.
    Considering that EU was more than an economic pact before it was even actually EU, who the fuck promised you an economic pact? Was their name "Willful" and their surname "Ignorance"? The rest of your post is just as enlightened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    Poles have worked in Germany long before the EU invited Poland. You don't need the EU to have those workers get working permits. It's a national decision first and foremost. Don't need to give them citizenship outright.

Crashing Poland's economy by giving workers citizenship in other countries... that's very far fetched, if you ask me.
    It is, and it's also not what I meant.

I'm giving the UK as an example (a bad one, considering the current situation), but it has a Polish minority of around 800,000. If half of them are in working age, the British economy losing about 400,000 workers is the one suffering, not the Polish one, which would get an influx of workers. Granted, that would also be detrimental to Polish economy, with a massive influx of people, but still.

Permits, possibly, but it would still have a lot of people leaving due to reduction of rights, hence why remaining in the EU is the better option for everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I swear almost every one of these portmanteaus makes more sense than "Brexit".
    My favourite one continues to be #Swedaddle.

Ehh, while Tusk is not some awe inspiring political giant (though the salt and vinegar jab was awesome), there's not much to him to be detested. The people who find him detestable are usually those gifted with the conspiracy theory ancient wisdom that Tusk was behind the presidential plane crash a few years ago.

With the way May is handling her shit show (so not at all), UK is on a crush course to not negotiating anything in the next two years and not receiving an extension, resulting in, among other things, EU citizens having to go back from UK. Now, maybe UK is not just special about Brexit, but suicidal as well, but I'd say the chances are the Polish people aren't really that much of a fundamental for their country.

EU just dropped visas for Ukraine a week ago. They are covered.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2017-06-19 at 10:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    No other countries in the EU will care if Czech leaves.
    Czech is one of those countries that cost more money to the EU than they provide, so in fact the EU will be better for it (and Czech worse).
    Glorious EU solidarity right there.

Wasn't one of the goals of the EU to end prejudice against fellow Europeans? XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Ehh, while Tusk is not some awe inspiring political giant (though the salt and vinegar jab was awesome), there's not much to him to be detested. The people who find him detestable are usually those gifted with the conspiracy theory ancient wisdom that Tusk was behind the presidential plane crush a few years ago.

With the way May is handling her shit show (so not at all), UK is on a crush course to not negotiating anything in the next two years and not receiving an extension, resulting in, among other things, EU citizens having to go back from UK. Now, maybe UK is not just special about Brexit, but suicidal as well, but I'd say the chances are the Polish people aren't really that much of a fundamental for their country.

EU just dropped visas for Ukraine a week ago. They are covered.
    It was good, but you can't scare Brits with salt and vinegar. Those two form 93% of all spices used on the isle. Didn't know about that conspiracy theory, but I'll give a read on him when I get the chance.

I don't think there's going to be mass deportations of EU nationals, regardless of what happens regarding the EU deals. May and the Tories in general, are quickly approaching Trump levels of approval, and there'd be a lot of talks about ensuring rights. Labour is somewhat pro-immigration, and non-UK nationals are above 50% of the workforce in some places. Hospitality in particular is a sector that will suffer immensely if there's any talk of deportation going about, speaking of personal experience, there's one Scot for every ten workers in the industry in here.

Deleted
    Just like Hungary and Poland would leave right? Nah they won't, they know well enough how good the free money streams to their countries are.

For example Czech currently pays €1.3 billion the EU but receives €7.0 billion in grants. Them leaving is simply not going to happen because money is not something one gives up easily. Pretty much, just some idiotic tabloid that thinks they have a story when they don't.
    Last edited by mmoc925aeb179c; 2017-06-19 at 01:14 AM.

Deleted
    It was good, but you can't scare Brits with salt and vinegar. Those two form 93% of all spices used on the isle. Didn't know about that conspiracy theory, but I'll give a read on him when I get the chance.

I don't think there's going to be mass deportations of EU nationals, regardless of what happens regarding the EU deals. May and the Tories in general, are quickly approaching Trump levels of approval, and there'd be a lot of talks about ensuring rights. Labour is somewhat pro-immigration, and non-UK nationals are above 50% of the workforce in some places. Hospitality in particular is a sector that will suffer immensely if there's any talk of deportation going about, speaking of personal experience, there's one Scot for every ten workers in the industry in here.
    I never got that about the Scottish, finally you get good looking women there and you send the out to sort potatos at factories all day. I guess its good for intergration to make them as miserable as a normal scot.

Snobby people in EU who are shortsighted will say "Who cares they cost us more money than they contribute" etc blah blah blah... but it's another big domino to fall. They are basically rebelling against the EU's totalitarianism. They don't want refugee's; the EU says they all gotta take them equally. To hell with that.

Once this domino falls, it will be more fuel to the others who want out. The fat cats in the EU don't care about what's best for their citizens and culture; just about globalism at any cost. The EU is doomed to fail because it's built on a lie that all of Europe is one culture when they are many nations, many languages, and vastly different cultures.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    Just like Hungary and Poland would leave right? Nah they won't, they know well enough how good the free money streams to their countries are.

For example Czech currently pays €1.3 billion the EU but receives €7.0 billion in grants. Them leaving is simply not going to happen because money is not something one gives up easily. Pretty much, just some idiotic tabloid that thinks they have a story when they don't.
    I think You should read That Which is Seen, and That Which is Not Seen - Frédéric Bastiat. Ofc when its down flat to money ppl of east countries get a lot of it, but behind that there are millions of regulations that hurt the business and in the end what is built with EU money struggles to earn for itself. For instance there was a pier renovation where money from the EU took a sagnificant part, but before the renovation there was a possibility to do business there so ppl sold souvenirs, food and stuff like that, but since EU gave money they made this deal that its forbidden to do business there. Ofc its normal that if someone make an investment in something it can force their regulations, but in the end who suffers ? Simple ppl that want to make money to live. In general the countries that take money from the EU suffers more than they gain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Glorious EU solidarity right there.

Wasn't one of the goals of the EU to end prejudice against fellow Europeans? XD
    How is stating that Czech costs (a lot) more money to the EU than it delivers, prejudice? It's a simple fact, and for that fact its logical that most of the other EU countries won't give a shit if they leave.

If you want to use "difficult" words, better make sure you know what they mean first.
    Last edited by mmocd1f612b92e; 2017-06-19 at 05:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    How is stating that Czech costs (a lot) more money to the EU than it delivers, prejudice? It's a simple fact, and for that fact its logical that most of the other EU countries won't give a shit if they leave.

Well you say that but then you have Greece which has cost far more and they are desperate to keep them in

Merkel hasn't asked EU members when she invited over million of "refugees". Solidarity my ass.

The struggling right....they always have to make some sort fictional enemies and while making a elephant out of a fly.

It used to be Brexit that would destroy the EU, now the UK is that laughing stock of the world because they are literally digging their own graves

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nehezbegar View Post
    Merkel hasn't asked EU members when she invited over million of "refugees". Solidarity my ass.
    Blame the inefficiency of the Dublin system, she just made use of article 13-2 also called the sovereignty clause. If solidarity failed it then it has been failing more than seven years already before.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!