10+ Year Old Account
    Lions in a signing mood, with their new OT Decker on the shelf for a while. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...rus-kouandijo/

Signed former Bills 2nd round OT Kouandijo and traded a 6th to the Rams for former 2nd overall pick Greg Robinson. Neither has even come close to being productive but as the Lions you have little choice right now but to hope a change of scenery helps these players turn it around.

At least, as the Lions, you got your important injury early and still have some options on the market. Vikings last year had their injuries late and they were left with things like signing Jake Long out of retirement and other nonsense.

So Dennis Pitta will talk to the media after the Raven's practice today. I'm guessing He is going to announce his retirement then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last practice in San Diego. Rivers didn't seem to want to leave https://twitter.com/Judson1360/statu...18905635733504

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, but its Dan Snyder. He'll be playing for another team in 2018 because of Snyder's arrogance.

Seahawks OTAs finished. Now the waiting game to see how many draft picks they lost because somebody's foam helmet wasn't secured properly.

Broncos south picked up Taurean Nixon, should have seen that coming. Glad he ended up somewhere he has a chance for playing time.

I wouldn't be surprised if Snyder is being stubborn with Cousins just because he doesn't want to admit he was wrong in that draft or something. The Redskins have been a mess basically since Joe Gibbs retired the 1st time.

10+ Year Old Account
    WR Michael Floyd, formerly of the Cardinals, but picked up by the Patriots when cut because of an Extreme DUI offense, has been caught drinking while under house arrest. Has to be back in court on June 26th and now faces jail time.

Guy is going to go down in history as the drunk who fucked up his career but somehow lucked into a Superbowl title and ring in the middle of the mess.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and he's on the Vikings currently, who are still gathering information (which probably means "we're waiting to see how bad it is before we decide to cut him or not")

10+ Year Old Account
    He probably already sold his ring for booze money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ouch, terrible news for the Saints:

"The #Saints promising offseason has been dealt two serious injury blows: Max Unger & his foot surgery. Now Terron Armstead & labrum surgery."

Armstead got his injury on Wednesday, confirmed today to be torn labrum. Out 4 to 6 months.

Suddenly makes that first round, pick 32, pick of an OT a pretty smart decision. Hopefully for them he's ready, cause they'll need him.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, apparently there's already an update on the Michael Floyd case:

"Michael Floyd’s flagged alcohol tests all occurred on June 11 between 5:30 am and 6:35 am. He told court officials it was from Kombucha tea."

"On June 11, Michael Floyd had completed 91 of 96 days of home arrest. He is forbidden from alcohol. All tests were under the .08 legal limit"

It all sounds a bit like the "It was my supplement, I didn't know" defense, but the fact he was under the legal limit at least speaks for the fact he wasn't really boozing it up.

He's probably still in trouble, but I guess it's more in question now how much exactly it will be, and if it's worth more games to the NFL, if the Vikings trust him still and of the courts will let it go (not in that particular order though).

At least it shows again that TMZ is just never trustworthy, and I'm just going to stop posting about anything they publish untill I see a second, better source.

10+ Year Old Account
    kombucha? fucking get real

10+ Year Old Account
    Did they approve allowing two players to return from IR yet?

Read somewhere that Chistine Michael got hurt a week after getting signed by the colts. So the colts added another ex-seahawk back after he got hurt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Did they approve allowing two players to return from IR yet?
    Yes, they approved that one.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Haha switched over to the Celtics for the draft?

Also, I know it's just minicamps and what not, but the Brady to Cooks thing looks legit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Belichick View Post
    Haha switched over to the Celtics for the draft?
    Yeah, and then they traded the pick... -_-

All good though, going to be some interesting weeks in Basketball so going to concentrate on that a bit and then by the time the interesting parts (Draft and Free Agency) are over in Basketball it will be time for training camp in Football, my one true love.

Anyway, yeah Patriots offense is going to be ridiculous, but I'm tempering my enthousiasm. Cooks ain't Randy Moss and this 2017 team is not the 2007 squad. I fully expect there to be bumps in the road the first few games as they figure out what they actually can do when faced with live, starter quality defenses that have game planned against them.

2014, 2015 and 2016 was largely the same offense with the same people with one or 2 role players changing (and the O-line getting overhauled). 2017 is going to be a new beast all together. Cooks changes the offense. The running backs we have are not what we are used to. Gronk might be used differently to keep him healthy. (they probably should).

Not saying they'll struggle to put up points, but it won't be the usual well oiled machine early on as they fit Cooks and the RB's in and figure out the playcalling and what to feature more and what to feature less. I mean, I still vividly remember their attempts to make double TE sets work early in 2015 before realizing what a waste of time it was. I have no doubt there'll be similar things they'll try early on this year and find out it doesn't work.

We'll be fine once we're passed the first few weeks though and then we'll see what the actual potency of the offense is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't "get" basketball, its the only major US sport thread I don't post in.

As to the newly drafted Saints tackle, hopefully he can play left guard, cuz Peat is sliding over to LT.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post

As to the newly drafted Saints tackle, hopefully he can play left guard, cuz Peat is sliding over to LT.
    I don't either, but I am not sure I would get football or baseball if I did not play them.

My only expectation for Denver's offense is for the QB to not have to run for their life every time they drop back. Not going 3 and out constantly from failing 3rd and 1 runs or drops will be the next step. Having a QB that isn't playing with a separated shoulder and a different offense should help, so hopefully I am not setting the bar too high.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    no team in seattle means no NBA for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    no team in seattle means no NBA for me.
    Sonics or RIOOTTTTTTTTTTTT

Nevar forget

Which is why Im generally salty about teams moving. Sonics, Chargers, whatever

Fantasy Football pick of the year.

Jordan Howard.

He will lead the league in rushing and have over 2k yards.

QB pick of the year.

Cam Newton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Sonics or RIOOTTTTTTTTTTTT

Nevar forget

Which is why Im generally salty about teams moving. Sonics, Chargers, whatever
    lol@okc salt after KD got his ring with the warriors.

fuck that team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Eric Decker officially signed with the Titans. Hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Thick View Post
    Fantasy Football pick of the year.

Jordan Howard.

He will lead the league in rushing and have over 2k yards.

QB pick of the year.

Cam Newton.
    Howard will definitely be up there, but I don't expect Elliot to have a drop in carries, so I'd still take Zeke over anyone. Cam? Eh...too risky. You may very well be right, but I wouldn't take that chance.