Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    With dauntless gear, the only time I've heard it drop a legendary is if it was a looted item, as in not bought with NS. I've yet to see someone buy a legendary dauntless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Blizzard says a lot of shit that isn't accurate. My first legendary on my druid was received from a Dauntless ring I opened. Others here have confirmed the same thing happening.

http://imgur.com/a/9xPoe

As you can see the order in which it was looted. I opened my dauntless ring and out popped a legendary along with it.
    In that picture I see a Legionfall bag that is opened for a legendary ring and dauntless gloves. I don't see a dauntless ring in the chatframe.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    You opened a legionfall box as u opened the ring you got the leggo/dauntlessgloves/order resources/nethershards you can stop bullshitting. Look at your own chat.
    It did not come from the chest. There's no reason I would need to lie about this. I opened the Legionfall chest. Then a harvester bag and then I used the dauntless ring which awarded a ring and legendary ring.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    In that picture I see a Legionfall bag that is opened for a legendary ring and dauntless gloves. I don't see a dauntless ring in the chatframe.
    The dauntless ring was in my inventory which I acquired from doing world quests on the island. It wasn't awarded from a box.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    Quest gear can't be legendary (except for follower item/upgrade item)
    Coined loot can't be legendary
    Dauntless tokens can't be legendary
    BMAH gear can't be legendary
    Yes they can.

10+ Year Old Account
    It did not come from the chest. There's no reason I would need to lie about this. I opened the Legionfall chest. Then a harvester bag and then I used the dauntless ring which awarded a ring and legendary ring.

- - - Updated - - -

The dauntless ring was in my inventory which I acquired from doing world quests on the island. It wasn't awarded from a box.
    Well in that case you probably got the Avenging Band from the dauntless ring and the legendary from the bag.

I mean, I'm willing to admit I might be wrong, but from what you're saying there's nothing to prove it. Occam's Razor says it came from the bag

Deleted
    How does the spec specific drop part work now with 7.2(.5)?

After a four month break I came back two weeks ago. Got my sixth legendary for DD spec a week ago. Thought I try a different spec with the new patch to test the 7.2 changes. First thing I do gets me new 7.2.5 tank shoulder's. Fourth legendary in tank spec. Got tank ring and the neutral's Sephuz's and Prydaz before.

Now with Tomb I want to focus more on my heal spec. I only have two legos that count towards the spec. This should be easy, right? Seeing how fast the tank one dropped? Nada. I did every mythic and most heroic dungeons in heal spec this week. Timewalking. LFR, normal and heroic Raids. Healed through all of it. WQ etc., even PvP. Nothing.

How does this spec specific drop chance really work? I tanked before, M+ and sometimes Raids. But almost always in DD loot spec. (Except for one world boss and the tank ring dropped. It was my third. Imagine my face...) Never healed much this expansion until now though.

The spec specific drop chance works like if you don't have 2 legendarys for that spec you have a higher than usual chance to recieve one, but it counts neutral legndaries in for those 2. So in your case you wouldn't have any bonus chance at your next legendary because you have 2 neutrals.

Quote Originally Posted by flameterix View Post
    It takes around an hour to do daily cap.
    I sure wish I could get into your efficient groups. I've never gotten this done in less than around 2.5 hours.

Your own screenshot proves that false.

You opened a harvester bag.

You then opened up a legion resource box. Notice the fish coming clearly BEFORE everything else and the resources/dauntless gloves/lego/nethershards all coming together clearly from an opening legionfall cache.

I'm not saying you're lying, but you're clearly confused and don't understand what happened.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Yes they can.
    Did that change in 7.2.5? I was under impression there was no proof Dauntless ever has proc'd legendary (NB. Not talking about Relinquished)

I have read some people claim they or someone they know got one from a Dauntless, but I have never seen it personally. However I could not find any official word that that they couldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Does anyone know if setting loot specialization to an OS I never use (Arms, atm) will increase my chance of getting drop on new ring?
    Or is spec-specific bad luck protection only for spec-specific legendaries?
    Back luck protection is apparently independent for each spec.
    Until you get a shared legendary, at which point all are reset.
    So if fishing for a shared legendary, you are better having loot spec be one where there are the least number of legendaries still to get.
    It is possible that if you have no shared legendaries yet, then those other specs will award a legendary faster, but it is just one amongst all that the spec can offer, decreased odds of getting the right one.
    However if you have had even one shared legendary, or receive one via that method then that goes right out the window along with your bad luck protection.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-06-19 at 06:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Your own screenshot proves that false.

You opened a harvester bag.

You then opened up a legion resource box. Notice the fish coming clearly BEFORE everything else and the resources/dauntless gloves/lego/nethershards all coming together clearly from an opening legionfall cache.

I'm not saying you're lying, but you're clearly confused and don't understand what happened.
    Except the ring came from a dauntless ring in my inventory. It didn't come from the bag so you're clearly confused and haven't read what I said either. Unless I record a video 100% of the time while I play then there will be naysayers. Should you go out and buy dauntless instead of relinquished for more chances? Of course not. But don't dismiss them as 0% change of happening.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blizzard hasn't been transparent about the odds each source has of giving a legendary. They definitely aren't a constant chance, though. Treasures have a chance, but do they increase your BLP? I opened 200+ of them after having done all M0s and several raids and other things and not receiving a legendary for 2 days and didn't get one for another 2 days, so I suspect the answer is no, and their chance is trivial almost to the point that it's not worth it. The rares on Broken Shore seem to have a decent chance and do benefit BLP, as do dungeon bosses that award loot (I'm not sure about M+, if you only get one chance now for the one chest or if the chance is relative to the timer).

Weekly M+ chest, daily WQ box, Legionfall caches, M0 farming, doing every raid boss on as many difficulties as possible, hanging out on Broken Shore and killing elites, and queueing random heroics and speed clearing them seems to be optimal (I tank them as Havoc and do most in under 6 minutes). Even without random heroics I've been getting around 2 per week. Most were looted from raid bosses, one was a Legionfall cache, but I see a lot of legendaries drop in my heroic dungeon runs, so I'm going to start doing that until I finish getting them all.

PvP rewards have a chance as well but it seems like it's not as time efficient as other activities, and I'm not going to bother clearing a raid for legs without having a group that will finish in ~30 minutes (~60 in NH). Mythic EN pugs are cancer as well.
    Last edited by BiggestNoob; 2017-06-19 at 07:18 PM.

Except the ring came from a dauntless ring in my inventory. It didn't come from the bag so you're clearly confused and haven't read what I said either. Unless I record a video 100% of the time while I play then there will be naysayers. Should you go out and buy dauntless instead of relinquished for more chances? Of course not. But don't dismiss them as 0% change of happening.
    You literally posted a screenshot as "proof" that proves it came from a legionfall box.

I care less if dauntless can proc a lego or not, but that screenshot is clearly showing you proccing it from a legionfall box, not even debatable. The avenging band is what came from the dauntless ring. Clearly obvious by the loot order and which one is connected to the resources/gold/dauntless gloves.

If you're going to try to provide proof next time, you should make sure the proof isn't actually proof of you being wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Blizzard has said Dauntless can't proc legendary, no one else has found a legendary in a dauntless item either.
    To be fair, Blizzard says lots of bullshit regarding legendaries.

- - - Updated - - -

You literally posted a screenshot as "proof" that proves it came from a legionfall box.

I care less if dauntless can proc a lego or not, but that screenshot is clearly showing you proccing it from a legionfall box, not even debatable. The avenging band is what came from the dauntless ring. Clearly obvious by the loot order and which one is connected to the resources/gold/dauntless gloves.

If you're going to try to provide proof next time, you should make sure the proof isn't actually proof of you being wrong...
    I mean, it's hard to tell considering his chat doesn't have timestamps. Based on the order in the chat log it could be either from the bag or from the Dauntless ring.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

15+ Year Old Account

It dropped from the dauntless ring. End of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    I mean, it's hard to tell considering his chat doesn't have timestamps. Based on the order in the chat log it could be either from the bag or from the Dauntless ring.
    Oh yea? Then where did that very clear purple ring come from?

Note how he never claimed to of opened 2 dauntless rings, only one.

The only place that purple ring could have come from using his own word and the picture as proof is dun dun dun... The dauntless ring.

- - - Updated - - -

At this point your story is less believable then if you told me an NPC named Santa Clause handed it to you. You clearly think for whatever reason that's what happened but using your own story and the screenshot loot order that's clearly NOT what happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't that the new legendary ring too, on top of that?
    The new legendaries blizzard definitely said can't come from tokens (whether dauntless or relinquished)?
    Pretty sure you got it from a bag and are mixed up, no biggie.

It dropped from your legionfall box, nothing else. The fact that you even believe your own story is mindblowing.
    Boomkin/Mage/Whatever in Fatsharkyes