Thread: Fury vs Arms

Fury vs Arms

Hello Guys,

Been wondering about your thoughts on which class will dominate the next raid, for now I've seen the changes on the arms warrior put them ahead of anyone, topping the recounts in warcraftlogs and fury going to the 13th position. Could this be just temporary until the new tier comes? or might be a prediction that they fucked fury once again like the beginning of the exp?

Regards

If you want to min-max, you definitely want to keep both specs up. Arms will certainly be better for ST and sustained 2~3 targets, but you can't really beat fury's frequent burst cleave/AoE on fights with important add spawns, so on some fights one spec will be better than others.

If you just deck out in haste/mastery gear you don't really need different sets for each spec either, so it should be fairly easy to keep both specs up.

with fury and arms are exactly the same numbers right now after all the nerfs arms took, fury with probably pull ahead on aoe, on cleave arms is top dog.

ST its neck in neck so you might aswell play what you like better at this point.

This is my most recent, and about the best I can do.

I'd suggest looking in the pinned guides for more information.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post

Am i missing something? What are the diffences betwen the Arms sims to left compared to the ones on the right?

Quote Originally Posted by Exzes View Post
    Am i missing something? What are the diffences betwen the Arms sims to left compared to the ones on the right?
    See the edit.

Deleted
    See the edit.
    Got it, thanks very much.

Ok I am confused here, what is the difference from the and right sides?

I looked at your edit and don't see anything.

I also looked at the pinned fury guide. Did not see anything referencing to the graph you showed.

Can someone explain the difference, I am not dumb, it just says see the edit.

Can please help me understand why fury on the left side beats arms but then on the right arms beats fury.
    Last edited by jarbulldog; 2017-06-19 at 05:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jarbulldog View Post

I also looked at the pinned fury guide. Did not see anything referencing to the graph you showed.

Can please help me understand why fury on the left side beats arms but then on the right arms beats fury.
    Read the giant bold red words.

Quote Originally Posted by jarbulldog View Post

Actually, I think the point here more than anything is that it looks like they are going to be super close with tier 20, so play what you want to. Unless you're in a super competitive top 100 guild, you can usually accomplish what you need with pretty much any class with better play anyways. So you probably don't need to worry about it too much... I know I don't.

i am guessing that this does not include the 4% damage nerf coming on tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by cexspa View Post
    i am guessing that this does not include the 4% damage nerf coming on tuesday.
    Yes, it does.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thaddle3 View Post
    Actually, I think the point here more than anything is that it looks like they are going to be super close with tier 20, so play what you want to. Unless you're in a super competitive top 100 guild, you can usually accomplish what you need with pretty much any class with better play anyways. So you probably don't need to worry about it too much... I know I don't.
    Most likely, yes. Even if one spec ends up a bit ahead of the other, both have been performing very well on PTR raid testing, and both look to be very strong going into Tomb.

There will, of course, be some realistic difference between fights - something like Demonic Inquisition could heavily favor Arms if the adds don't get mass-aoe'd down, and the Arms Warrior has time to stack ExecPrec on them and Sweeping Strikes cleave some heavy Mortal Strikes. On the other hand, if those adds do get mass AoE'd down on a consistent timer, Fury could very well pull ahead if those times line up better for them than Arms (ex: Harjatan).

Personally, I think the biggest difference is going to come down to the Execute Phase. On N/H, where fights are usually short, especially for Mythic progression guilds, Arms Execute will have the advantage because it doesn't need to ramp. On longer fights however, Fury could very well pull ahead if it can get in excess of 40+ Juggernaut stacks, and they can be maintained.

Tangentially, I really feel like the powers that be at Blizzard try to balance Fury around the idea that they typically get 40-50+ stacks of Juggernaut, which is unfortunate because it very rarely happens unless half your raid dies and you're the only one left Executing down the boss. My record in Nighthold is 57, and that was on a Heroic Gul'dan kill in which I purposefully stood in the Storm, while carrying an under performing group, so the kill was quite abnormally long.