Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

The New Lich King should have helped us During Tomb of Sargeras?

Just a quick question. Considering we really didn't see much of Bolvar and i really don't know what's going on with his mind (is he good/evil both?) and considering how much the lich king and Kil'Jaeden are connected i was wondering why he didn't show up to fight him.

If i'm not mistaken it was Kil'Jaeden that created the frozen Throne and imprisoned Ner'zul into the headpiece of the Lich king, after torturing his soul. So i'm pretty sure Ner'zul at least has good reasons to get revenge of Kil'Jaeden.
    Don't know how Ner'Zul and bolvar are interacting tho.

But i think it would have been cool if we had a badass cinematic showing us Bolvar finally getting up from his domain and commanding his horde of undeads into Tomb as well. After all we literally asked help to anyone during the quests to get into the tomb, why not him as well?

Deleted
    Why would he help? After all these years I'm still convinced that it is actually the "Lich King" in control and not Bolvar, he's just playing cool, letting people forget about him while he plots away.

He is about as helpful as you can expect of an evil entity. He sends his minions. In this case he plays bait and switch the DKs, and they are helping with ToS.
    He gave them 3 artifact weapons and 2 reanimated dragons, at least from a lore PoV. DK's essentially have 2 Sindragosa now (in lore..), plus the huge one we can summon anyway via the order hall .

Deleted
    What do you mean by that? If we consider the lich king the merged being of Bolvar and Ner'zul whhat would he be thinking? Like is aid i'm pretty sure Ner'zul want to kill Kil'Jaeden

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Macilento View Post
    What do you mean by that? If we consider the lich king the merged being of Bolvar and Ner'zul whhat would he be thinking? Like is aid i'm pretty sure Ner'zul want to kill Kil'Jaeden
    Arthas obliterated what was left of Ner'zhuls essence. Arthas was the dominant personality and sole Lich King entity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Macilento View Post
    Ner'zhul be no more, the Lich King became it's own entity after the merging (and purging). Not to mention with some evil from Yoggy blood.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    Arthas obliterated what was left of Ner'zhuls essence. Arthas was the dominant personality and sole Lich King entity.
    The Frost DK quest in Legion tells otherwise, there is Ner'zhul affects left in the armor (the voice changed when Bolvar put the helm on) and the spirit of Ner'zhul was not destroyed in the frost DK shards but just left we only killed the remains of Arthas.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Blizz have retconned it?

Deleted
    Yes. /

Where was it stated he was dead? If it was in one of the books or ingame, was it a reliable or unreliable narrator?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    The Frost DK quest in Legion tells otherwise, there is Ner'zhul affects left in the armor (the voice changed when Bolvar put the helm on) and the spirit of Ner'zhul was not destroyed in the frost DK shards but just left we only killed the remains of Arthas.
    In the sword, not the helmet. The voice change had nothing to do with Ner'zhul.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    The voice change had nothing to do with Ner'zhul.
    Ok, so in WC3 Arthas gets the same voice as Bolvar now has because of what?
    The helm has no cover infront of the mouth so its not the physical effect of the helm.

So why did Arthas get the voice when he merged with Ner'zhul but Bolvar gets the same voice without anything left in the helm...

And that Ner'zhul is still left in the sword is confirmed, but in the helm is still under discussion the point is that Ner'zhul is the source of the Lich Kings power if he is not there anymore you have Bolvar left with a empty helm.
    Last edited by mmoc2b606a4969; 2017-06-19 at 11:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Ok, so in WC3 Arthas gets the same voice as Bolvar now has because of what?
    The helm has no cover infront of the mouth so its not the physical effect of the helm.

So why did Arthas get the voice when he merged with Ner'zhul but Bolvar gets the same voice without anything left in the helm...
    In WC3 it probably was supposed to be the merge, however when they expanded onto it that wouldn't make sense, given that it should of been Arthas' voice after Ner'zhul was banished in that case. The Lich King himself became a new entity outside of Ner'zhul or Arthas. One most likely with a dab of Old God corruption involved.

Well lore wise he is helping but instead of sending horde of mindless ghouls into tomb of sargeras he is sending his champions aka DKs/ebon blade and those dragon Dk raised as undead .

7+ Year Old Account
    Well it was never really confirmed. So it couldn't be retconned. I could show you an image of me and let you slaughter it. But does that mean I'm dead? I mean in his brain in a little day dream him killing the image of nerzhul and his younger self. I mean that dissent make a ton of sense. I dont think merzhul would be that stupid to make himself vulnerable.

We also saw arthas's child self as a ghost in northrend for a quest chain. And the lich king say I was once a shaman.

I think all along blizz sorta had the idea in their mind. But did not want to make it obvious. I mean killing Darth vadors hologram is not gunna kill him now is it?

Of: he himself is stuck on the throne. And not that powerful. Really anyone could have taken the job. But he chose to be the one. And he himself does not have any special powers. It would only come from the helm

He is sending the champions of the ebonblade at the legion. But seems to be avoiding massive armies of mindless ghouls. The dreadlord are very very good at controlling undead. So sending them may simply give the dreadlord more forces to use. His powers also seem to be weaker the further he is from where he is controlling. Art has had the same thing he could control undead closer to him much better then those far away
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-06-19 at 11:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

He is helping us. Acherus and the Death Knights are right there. Also, while true that they stated Ner'zhul is no more back in 2010, they've made a lot of changes since then and I wouldn't be surprised if Ner'zhul still being around is going to be one of them, especially after the disappointment that was WoD Ner'zhul.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    They can't make him an outright ally because that won't work for wotlk 2.0
    I'm still hoping for this as the next expac ;D

7+ Year Old Account
    he is indirectly helping us with the ebon blade.

Formerly known as Arafal

^ Through the Ebon Blade, we as DKs and the new horseman are leading that assault. Lichy King knows he isn't needed vs this minor adversary.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

he's helping through the ebon blade. i don't believe he has fine control over the scourge.

he could unleash it on the tomb, but they would probably attack allies and enemies alike.

the ebon blade is helping him specifically to avoid that.