Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    seems like a lot of hype for black panther, but they havent really shown us anything to get hyped about.
    Hi

Honestly, the scene between Zemo and BP at the end of Civil War is one of the strongest, most emotionally powerful scenes in the entire MCU so far. And it showed a lot about the character of BP, his sense of justice, as well as gave Zemo a lot of sympathy. I don't get why that scene doesn't get as much attention as it deserves.

Anyways, BP looks interesting to me, but I'm worried about it being all flash and style and little substance. We will see soon enough though.

Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    Honestly, the scene between Zemo and BP at the end of Civil War is one of the strongest, most emotionally powerful scenes in the entire MCU so far. And it showed a lot about the character of BP, his sense of justice, as well as gave Zemo a lot of sympathy. I don't get why that scene doesn't get as much attention as it deserves.

Anyways, BP looks interesting to me, but I'm worried about it being all flash and style and little substance. We will see soon enough though.
    Agree on the cw scene and the bolded part you could say about every cbm before it comes out. You never know till you see it.

I'm so pumped for this movie!

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    I'm really looking forward to it but kinda worried because it has Michael B Jordan in it and he has all the personality and screen charisma of wet toast.
    Really? I've really liked Mike Jordan in most things. Though his character in this looks like a ripe faggot.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    He was clearly quite divisive. People seem to either regard him as one of the best, or one of the worst things about Civil War...

Of course, people also think Tony was in the right in that film... So clearly people are fucking idiots.
    I really liked him in CW.

Clint: I don't think we've been properly introduced. I'm..
    T'challa: I don't care.

And Tony WAS RIGHT. Sort of. I mean, they did generate a shit ton of collateral damage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I agree on the Thor movies being bad. I honestly think it's because they included Jane. She was so boring and eyerolling in both movies. I'm hoping the third one, since Portman isn't in it, does better, as I like Thor as a character.
    Yeah... outside of the first captain america movie, I have the Thor movies at the bottom of the MCU list, yet I like the character Thor in everything else (lol that end scene in Dr. Strange), so i'll stream the next Thor movie and hope I pay enough attention to enjoy it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Being homophobic must make life really hard...
    lol I like the gays just fine. That hair thing though... is/are he/they payinhg homage to Prince?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Clint: I don't think we've been properly introduced. I'm..
    T'challa: I don't care.

And Tony WAS RIGHT. Sort of. I mean, they did generate a shit ton of collateral damage.
    Yeah that was a great line, plus his scene with Zemo at the end was one of the best in the whole film.

Tony was right, but for the wrong reasons. He basically fucked up royally by creating Ultron, and then blamed Cappy for not agreeing with him when he over reacted to everyone hating on him for it.

Then, he compounds his wrongness; after constantly telling Cappy to do what the council says, and not to make it emotional (Because it was to do with Bucky), then IMMEDIATLY ignores the council when he stops agreeing with them, and makes it emotional when it turns out he's emotionally invested in it (because of his parents).

Damnit... Now I want to watching Civil War again XD.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Are you sure about that? You said you've liked most of his characters then contrasted that to the appearance of this one as though him appearing to be a "ripe faggot" means you're already disliking this character... Good luck with that latent homophobia.
    He might try to overact it.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah that was a great line, plus his scene with Zemo at the end was one of the best in the whole film.

Tony was right, but for the wrong reasons. He basically fucked up royally by creating Ultron, and then blamed Cappy for not agreeing with him when he over reacted to everyone hating on him for it.

Then, he compounds his wrongness; after constantly telling Cappy to do what the council says, and not to make it emotional (Because it was to do with Bucky), then IMMEDIATLY ignores the council when he stops agreeing with them, and makes it emotional when it turns out he's emotionally invested in it (because of his parents).

Damnit... Now I want to watching Civil War again XD.
    True for all of it, but the initial argument. Might you, I've always been TeamStark... until Civil War, where the ideology stance, I'm TeamCap. It's a combination... you need freedoms, but you also need accountability. And really... who is to blame T'Challa, Steve or Tony for reaching emotionally to all 4 (parents and War Machine) highly impactive and recent events to each. That is where Tony's judgement is off and all 3 should have been stopped allowing for the other avengers to take charge.

CW was fun as hell, i wish i wasn't at work, i'd probably throw it on as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    CW was fun as hell, i wish i wasn't at work, i'd probably throw it on as well.
    Tbh, there WAS blame on both side... If Cappy had just signed the god damn treaty at the start instead of arguing over Scarlet Witch, they could have hashed it out and found some kind of balance, Then Cappy would have ended up becoming Director of SHIELD and would have had the power to make real change.

That wouldn't have been as fun a film though XD.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

So should they just...not have acted then, and let Ultron destroy the actual literal planet? Cause, umm, well...if they hadn't, literally every single person who died to them acting would have been JUST as dead as if they hadn't acted...long with billions of other people. Same thing in New York. Even Wanda's handling of Crossbone's bomb would have killed a lot more people if she hadn't done it the way she did.

Please go watch Creed. Same director, same actor. And he's got his dreadlocks put up there. The way they fall is a bit odd, but that's because they're not super long.
    Loved Creed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    So should they just...not have acted then, and let Ultron destroy the actual literal planet? Cause, umm, well...if they hadn't, literally every single person who died to them acting would have been JUST as dead as if they hadn't acted...long with billions of other people. Same thing in New York. Even Wanda's handling of Crossbone's bomb would have killed a lot more people if she hadn't done it the way she did.
    And there-in lies the conflict. Should we be mad that ScarWitch killed these 20 over here, instead of letting these 40 over here die? Unavoidable in many instances, which was sort of why they brawled in a civilian-less airport.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor With a Saber View Post
    Looks like its gonna suck and i hope it doesnt... but marvel is over due for a fail and its either gonna be Thor,Spiderman or this.
    Wasn't that guardian of the galaxy 2? Am I the only one that felt that movie didn't deliver? My wife and I went and see it and WW on the same day, wasn't expecting much from WW but was pleasantly surprised, was expecting a lot from GotG2 and was so damn dissapointed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    Wasn't that guardian of the galaxy 2? Am I the only one that felt that movie didn't deliver? My wife and I went and see it and WW on the same day, wasn't expecting much from WW but was pleasantly surprised, was expecting a lot from GotG2 and was so damn dissapointed.
    I felt it was rather meh. Decent, but I wasn't expecting too much and it was mostly a rehash.

And there-in lies the conflict. Should we be mad that ScarWitch killed these 20 over here, instead of letting these 40 over here die? Unavoidable in many instances, which was sort of why they brawled in a civilian-less airport.
    Exactly. It's an unavoidable consequence of battle. If ISIS gets a nuke, should we not destroy it, even if it results in civilians dying? If some guy with a suicide vest and a hostage is charging towards a crowd with his hand on the detonator, should we not take the shot and let him blow up the crowd, rather than just losing the hostage? The answer is obvious.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    I found it rather lacking as well. Much of the humor didn't work for me, there was a lot of stuff that was in the movie solely to drag out the run time(seriously, if the Sovereigns had never returned after the opening sequence, it wouldn't have mattered in the least), the team dynamic(which was part of what made the first 1 so good) was disrupted by splitting the team(and letting one of the halves be saddled with a terrible performance from the girl that played Nebula) for much of the movie, and the main villain turned into a complete moron at the end, which then resulted in a big but hollow, effects heavy climactic battle against light tentacles.

It was alright. I felt like the plot was a bit boring, but Yondu dying was pretty intense for me. Maybe because I love Rooker so much.
    I see him and I want chocolate covered pretzels.

Tbh, there WAS blame on both side... If Cappy had just signed the god damn treaty at the start instead of arguing over Scarlet Witch, they could have hashed it out and found some kind of balance, Then Cappy would have ended up becoming Director of SHIELD and would have had the power to make real change.

That wouldn't have been as fun a film though XD.
    The main issue for me was them basically ignoring most of the real causes in favor of blaming the Avengers, no matter how obtuse. NY would have happened either way, and been much worse on either a global scale or just a local scale if they had succeeded in NUKING NY. Avengers 2 of course, Hulk was the early problem, so certainly they should have addressed such a thing, and Ultron is Tony's fault, so his agreeing with the Treaty when he was the main one that should have been limited, bleh.
    That brings us to Cap2, where for some reason the Avengers are overseas looking for criminals, which you'd think there were other agencies for and I'm not really sure how the Avengers got some kind of intelligence network? But they can't figure out the difference between AR15 and M16/M4, let alone to stop a fucking garbage truck BEFORE it rams a place, so whatever. In the end, some guy blows himself up and they get blamed for a suicide bomber.

So yeah, Tony is right that there should be some oversight of the Avengers, but it seems to get folded into an international organization that already exists and is apparently mostly incompetent. Add in SHIELD's failings as an international agency (I think), and tying the Avengers to the UN is an odd theory. Tony exists under the delusion that an oversight comittee means "good people", while they focus on some barely known African nation and avoid Iran wanting to use the Hulk to kill all Jews or something.

I mean, I get that the movies are bigger than the US Market, so they want to be inclusive, but they could have at least scaled it back to NATO if not a specifically USA team.

To tie it back to the topic though, why was Wakanda speaking anyway?
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    The main issue for me was them basically ignoring most of the real causes in favor of blaming the Avengers, no matter how obtuse.
    That is a pretty good point... You'll also notice that during his breakdown of all the times the avengers fucked shit up, he oddly didn't mention Harlem, where Abomination turned up and destroyed a bunch of shit.

I wonder why he didn't bring that up.

Oh...

Right...

Civil War made no sense. (I want to believe Joss Whedon had nothing to do with that script). It was supposed to be the third Capt America movie but didn't feel at all like it. and then there was just too much stupid going on all around to justify a fight between our good guys.
    And I refuse to even consider GoTG or Thor.

I am looking forward to Black Panther however.

Aside from Wakanda itself, this movie and it's lead looks insanely boring, uninspired, and dull. The only thing he has going for him is the look of the suit and the aforementioned look of Wakanda, which is the definition of "shallow."

I'm sure it'll do moderately well, at least the first week or two, but that'll be about that. Seriously doubt he'll be getting a sequel so much as relegated to being a background/secondary character in other movies. If he's that lucky, seeing how fucking dull he is (and was in his previous appearance).

That is a pretty good point... You'll also notice that during his breakdown of all the times the avengers fucked shit up, he oddly didn't mention Harlem, where Abomination turned up and destroyed a bunch of shit.

I wonder why he didn't bring that up.

Oh...

Right...
    "We need a government oversight to keep powers in check"
    "you mean like the ones that built giant helicarriers to murder everyone that disagreed with their plan to conquer the world?"
    "Yes, just like that, but mostly different guys this time."
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."