Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chosenkiwi View Post
    I pretty sure the elderly being susceptible to BS is very much common knowledge. Not much you can do if you want to smooch that house off her I'm afraid.
    I love how my parents ask me about such bullshit they come across on the net.

Are you even sure your grandma will have the house for you? I mean, she sounds like a person that would rather donate it to her beliefs rather than family.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Tell your grandmother how fucking stupid she is, she should hear that before she dies.
    Kinda like the end of Braveheart, where hot ass Sophie Marceau tells the King that Wallace fucked a scottish child into her lol oh and I'm going to kill your only son.

I like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    See old people wouldn't bother me so much if they wouldn't vote. Their 1950's/1960's mentality is no longer relevant.

Now I'm not saying they should be barred from voting, I'm just griping.
    Last edited by Adam Jensen; 2017-06-19 at 01:57 PM. Reason: there they're and their . . . ugh
    Putin khuliyo

Ariana Grande hates America!!! And Jesus! I mean anyone who hates America must hate Jesus too, and anyone who hates Jesus must hate America! After all, Gun Jesus wrote the 2nd Amendment, and the rest of the Constitution.

May Gun Jesus Bless America! Atheists Bill Nye and Neil DeGrass Tyson will burn in hell!

Here, Gun Jesus played by a famous Austrian actor of great renown, also known to play upstanding WW2 German officers, who tried to save the world from the Zionist/Freemason conspiracy. MAGA!

/sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Her and my mom are officially estranged, and the only reason im not is that im hoping to inherit her house one day. It sounds awful, but its the truth, and I stand by it.
    Okay, yeah, you're a terrible person.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow OP you're really a piece of crap. This is not a post about your republican grandma sending e-mail....it's a post about how you're a greedy little asshat just circling like a buzzard waiting to get a house. I seriously hope she's on to you and leaves her house to a cat rescue organization and leaves you something awesome.......like a rock.

Give us your grandma's email so we can send her this post. Leech.
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    So a little backround, me and my grandma both live in california, shes a republican, me and my mother are democrats. Unrelated to politics, she is just all around an unpleasant person to be around. Shes paranoid, quick to hate and/or judge, unwilling to accept that she ever makes a mistake, or can be wrong. She accuses us of taking something from her house every time we visited, only to find it later in her house, and never apologize for it. Her and my mom are officially estranged, and the only reason im not is that im hoping to inherit her house one day. It sounds awful, but its the truth, and I stand by it. Anyway.

I recently got the following email from her.

"""ARIANA GRANDE LETS PUT HER WITH JANE FONDA, John Kerry and the rest of the Liberal Traitors!
    And now; you'll know the rest of the story!!!
    In 2015 she was caught on video licking donuts on display at a bakery.
    She said to an employee, "I hate Americans, I hate America".
    As a result she was cancelled from an upcoming concert due to the controversy. Her career stalled. She has tried to make a comeback by going bizarre like in this photo -- wiping her butt with an American flag while giving the finger.
    Her planned world tour which included three stops in the U.K. has been cancelled after the Manchester massacre. Hope her career ends now. She's 23, born in Boca Raton, FL."""

I dont think I can post pictures yet, but its a viral picture of Ariana Grande wiping her butt with the US flag and flipping the camera off.

Its pretty obviously photoshopped, and 5 minutes of research confirmed as much.

I have not talked to her in months, but was writing an email back to her, saying politely as I could, that just because something you see on the internet fits into your belief systems or narrative, does not mean its real. Any thoughtful person would of thought "Huh, shes a huge celebrity, and she just posted that picture? Its probably fake, lets spend 5 minutes to check if it is" I ended up not sending the email, because I don't want to ruin my chances for the house, but was left pretty bothered by the whole thing. This post is me venting, i'll admit it.

Im not saying republicans are more likely to do this than democrats, both sides are guilty. So this is addressed to both sides: Please, facts matter, don't be so quick to believe in something just because you want to.
    You have two choices. Grow a pair and talk to her about your grievances or take some midol and deal with it.

you are bitching about your grams being a this and that, while you're just a material girl in a material world.

@op TBH your grand mother posts in the same fashion some (sometimes utterly moronic) articles are posted here for us to discuss. Are you sure she does not have an account here on these boards?

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Ariana Grande hates America!!! And Jesus! I mean anyone who hates America must hate Jesus too, and anyone who hates Jesus must hate America! After all, Gun Jesus wrote the 2nd Amendment, and the rest of the Constitution.

May Gun Jesus Bless America! Atheists Bill Nye and Neil DeGrass Tyson will burn in hell!

Here, Gun Jesus played by a famous Austrian actor of great renown, also known to play upstanding WW2 German officers, who tried to save the world from the Zionist/Freemason conspiracy. MAGA!

/sarcasm
    I would totally watch an action flick starring Jesus.

Pls upload pictures when you get the house. I'm cheering you on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chosenkiwi View Post
    I pretty sure the elderly being susceptible to BS is very much common knowledge. Not much you can do if you want to smooch that house off her I'm afraid.
    Which makes no sense. I never understand why the elderly are so stupid and fall for every scam. They are the oldest people and have the most life experience and should no better than anyone else what is a scam and what isnt. I just dont understand how they can be so stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Nekobe140 View Post
    Wow, old people can be annoying and quick to judge. Shocker.
    I doubt they're really quicker to judge, on average, compared to young people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Which makes no sense. I never understand why the elderly are so stupid and fall for every scam. They are the oldest people and have the most life experience and should no better than anyone else what is a scam and what isnt. I just dont understand how they can be so stupid
    Because they're faced with a technology they likely haven't had for 80% of their life. Computers as a part of day-to-day life have only been around since roughly the nineties. Before then, they were mostly relegated to businesses and hobbyists.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Ill take shit that never happened for 500 Alex.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    If you are over 50, there is a sizeable chance that you have little experience with any form of media aside from TV. Show them a photoshopped image and they'll believe what they see. My mother who is 62 has never touched a computer or smartphone, tell her a BS story with a convincing tone and I wouldn't be surprised that she would buy into it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Because they're faced with a technology they likely haven't had for 80% of their life. Computers as a part of day-to-day life have only been around since roughly the nineties. Before then, they were mostly relegated to businesses and hobbyists.
    I can possibly buy that, but what about all the other scams they fall for:

Fake contractors that come to the house and sell them stuff they dont need or never deliver (new roof, driveway repair, etc..)

Fake salesmen that distract them at the font door so someone else can go in the back door and steal from them.

Phone scams where people make them send thousands of dollars to claim a "prize" that they won and never applied to win.

Fake police calling them on the phone demanding they send a green dot money card or get arrested because they supposedly broke some obscure ordinance.

Pyramid schemes

Fake IRS calls demanding back taxes that they supposedly owe

And so many more

Moral of the story is fact check anything before you send it... and you are a gold digger looking for a hand out... nice story bro.