Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Why didn't he let deadwife stay dead
    Because he was the one who killed her in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Because he was the one who killed her in the first place.
    I know but she is such an assholeeeeee

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    this is how you make filler episodes, not some fucking snorefest like in wanking dead.

Deleted
    There are eight episodes in total, and they used 2 of those to exclusively flesh out Laura Moon, the one character who is literally the simplest creature in the world: An imperfect, slightly shitty gf/wife, who gets turned into a bodyguard zombie.

Oh, and the fact that she lost the coin and someone else pushing it back into her still means she's centred around Shadow is just plain inconsistent. Not to mention the fact that Anubis, in the show, said that once the coin is out of her, she's done for good.

Make no mistake, few things in this show are actually badly done (personal taste aside), but that's just way too many minutes wasted when we could be pushing the plot along instead.

I'd assume the main reason for all this Laura-ing around is the fact that the actual book is quite a sausage-fest, if you think about it. So the execs would want to push for a little more representation and equality.

That said, boy oh boy do I hate the dead wife. Grr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why didn't he let deadwife stay dead
    Literally the entire episode was made to answer that question...
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Literally the entire episode was made to answer that question...
    She looks like someone he used to know.

deadwife is still deadwife. I refuse to capitalize her name or spell it correctly.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you do know why he did it... You just don't understand.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Caught up, great show but for fuck's sake Emily Browning has 0.00000% charisma. Which is saddening considering she takes so much screentime, makes a lot of scenes just hard to watch.

Good thing there's McShane to balance this.

deadwife is still deadwife. I refuse to capitalize her name or spell it correctly.
    lmao I'm the same way with Skye from Agents of Shield. Chloe is forver Skye, i don't give two fux what they want us to call her now, she's forever and always Skye.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Caught up, great show but for fuck's sake Emily Browning has 0.00000% charisma. Which is saddening considering she takes so much screentime, makes a lot of scenes just hard to watch.

Good thing there's McShane to balance this.
    Which is odd, I've sort of felt that about nearly all of the characters she has played. She's a total sweetheart but... her characters all seem bland.

Odin and Easter just scared the everlasting fuck out of Media, Tech and World. That was fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    Great episode. Easter was brilliant, loved her party full of Jesuses, especially the Stigmata Jammie dodgers XD! Awesome to see her take back Spring and just generally pwn everything.

The Odin reveal was great, I was really hyped up to see that moment and it REALLY paid off.

As always, Odin and Media just totally take over any scene they're in, both absolutely fantatic. Technical Boy is, as always, an annoying little shit... but that's kind of the point.

Was good to see a lil bit more of Mr Nancy, love his story at the start wish we could have had a bit more of him this season, he's only had two scenes, but they've both been killers.

And then, we have Bilquis... The wild card.

I really liked the last episode, but how long before the next season? I feel like this entire season was just one really long first episode setting things up with very little actually happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    I really liked the last episode, but how long before the next season? I feel like this entire season was just one really long first episode setting things up with very little actually happening.
    It's worth noting, this whole series was maybe the first 1/3 of the book. It would be like if Game of Thrones had decided to make the first season only cover up until Ned had left for King's Landing.

As for when the second season is coming... Probably next year. They've only just started writing it, so it'll be a while.

It's worth noting, this whole series was maybe the first 1/3 of the book. It would be like if Game of Thrones had decided to make the first season only cover up until Ned had left for King's Landing.

As for when the second season is coming... Probably next year. They've only just started writing it, so it'll be a while.
    I get that it only covers part of the book, but man does this draw things out to an extreme. I just don't think this is the best way to do it when followed by a long wait for the next part. Unfortunately it seems like a good way to become forgotten. I guess I could just go read the book.

Deleted
    I get that it only covers part of the book, but man does this draw things out to an extreme. I just don't think this is the best way to do it when followed by a long wait for the next part. Unfortunately it seems like a good way to become forgotten. I guess I could just go read the book.
    You could but then #1 you would spoil yourself #2 would see how longs its dragged out - so dont, I made the mistake :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I just hope they expand it a bit for more episodes.
    Enjoy! It's a slow burn, but the payoff is seriously worth it!

Eh, one season a year is fairly standard, so I can't see them releasing seasons any quicker than that. I mean, I know it's a slow burn of a series, but trust me it's worth it!

Enjoy! It's a slow burn, but the payoff is seriously worth it!

Eh, one season a year is fairly standard, so I can't see them releasing seasons any quicker than that. I mean, I know it's a slow burn of a series, but trust me it's worth it!
    Well yeah one season a year is pretty standard, but most seasons for most shows are more than 8 episodes and actually progress the story enough that if feels like something happened. Game of Thrones is what 10 episodes a season and its first season moved the story along whereas American Gods still feels like its in its first few episodes. Don't get me wrong I'm hooked, but I am also feeling rather unsatisfied. I just hope the second season is more of an early spring release than a June release, and it could use at least a couple more episodes on the season order.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well yeah one season a year is pretty standard, but most seasons for most shows are more than 8 episodes and actually progress the story enough that if feels like something happened.
    It's actually not uncommon for a series like this only to have eight episodes for the first season. Breaking Bad, Into the Badlands and many more started off like this.

However, it's ALSO very common for short run shows like that to get extensions in their second season... So I wouldn't be at all surprised if season two didn't run to ten or maybe twelve episodes.

As for the story... It was pretty slow, but it was basically just meant to establish the world and characters. Season two will be FAR more exciting, trust me.

as soon as I heard Fuller was doing American Gods I knew it was going to be something special. have not been disapointed
    casting is perfect, the expansions to the storylines fit the style of the book and it seems the show is so far free of executive meddling!

hoping Good Omens will be worth the wait too

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually didn't care for the reveal, something felt off. And why am I supposed to be awed by Odin? Taking spring hostage kind of made me not like him. I guess thats part of the story. Actually liked the New Gods more in this episode, really like they way they portray Mr. World.

Is Shadow Moon related to the queen lady?

Is Shadow Moon related to the queen lady?
    At least in the book, (spoiler) Shadow is Wednesday's son, (greater spoiler) conceived as part of the bigger plan.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.