Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Last thing from Blizzard i pre ordered was Legion because the boost and i think I've pre ordered another title from another company after that but I'm not doing that retarded mistake again, seriously no reason for me to do it. Good thing about Blizzard is that you actually get a game which is optimized can't say that for many other companies, i would personally just recommend anyone just to wait a week for reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by emilylorange View Post
    I bought my husband the RoS expansion the day before it released, outside the official 'preorder window', and he still received the pre-order benefits.

Similar timing with Legion and got the pre-order bonuses for that.

So idk I think pre-orders are a scam but apparently Blizz is happy to hand stuff to me that I didn't want. lol
    If you bought it the day before it released it was still a pre-order.

Yea, I do preorder expansions, because I know Ill play them.
    No preorder on any other game though.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviemore View Post
    Which of his opinions do you disagree with?

Be specific.

Because 'Warlords of Draenor', that's why.

How do you know you're going to buy it, if you've not reviewed it in some way? If you buy something blind you're in a lucky position (plenty of disposable income), or you utterly lack discrimination.
    I didn't say I disagree/agree with his opinions. I said they WERE opinions. Some random youtuber making a video why "preordering is bad" is an opinion piece.

Or is every youtubers word these days facts? Should I believe what Crendor says as fact now? Yeah didn't think so.

When you actually have one solid fact on why preordering is bad let me know. Until then stop wasting my time with videos like that which are opinion pieces.

I don't pre-order any games with the exception of WoW expansions and only during the month they're released when the beta has been going on for quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I will. In fact I think I'll preorder this Scarf on Amazon!

So we take every random youtubers word as fact now do we? Good to know.

When someone here provides a solid fact on why pre ordering is bad let me know.
    How much do you know about US GAAP?

Lol nm its your money I ain't got time for that

Quote Originally Posted by emilylorange View Post
    How much do you know about US GAAP?

Lol nm its your money I ain't got time for that
    Nothing because I live in the UK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because 'Warlords of Draenor', that's why.
    Despite your obvious bias, Warlords was actually a pretty good game. I was entertained the entire expansion. Sure there were luls but all MMOs ahve luls. Orc lore was fantastic, being able to see Outland before it became Outland was awesome. The raids were great.

You see, opinions right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Including MoP?

Incidentally, MoP was the last time I pre-ordered anything WoW-related. WoD didn't interest me at all and Legion only interested me slightly more than that. Otherwise, only other game I've pre-ordered from Blizzard is Overwatch.
    Yes Including MoP. Even though I consider MoP the largest pile of dog shit blizzard has created, i still pre ordered it and my collectors box proudly sits in my study with my other Blizzard collector's editions.

I stopped pre-ordering when games stopped having limited availability upon release. I will keep my money till you have the product ready tyvm.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

I love how people say preordering is a catalyst for shitty work yet awful games were still being released before the practice became a thing.

Big Rigs, Plumbers Don't Wear Ties, Superman 64, Daikatana, Bubsy 3D, The Crow: City of Angels and hell I could probably make a list of games if you give me some time.

Deleted
    "2k for my WoW Vanilla Collector's"

Lol now that guy/girl really dont have any sense for money value.

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    If you bought it the day before it released it was still a pre-order.
    From the RoS advertising he shouldn't have gotten anything at all. Fine by me lol

You shouldn't pre-order, ever. There's simply no reason for it and, ultimately, promotes pretty shitty design and commercial behaviour from those you're pre-ordering from.

Don't do it.
    Blizzard has quite literally never disappointed me with any of their releases. I have been playing WoW for over a decade. I will continue to pre-order all of their expansions until they quit making them.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    "2k for my WoW Vanilla Collector's"

Lol now that guy/girl really dont have any sense for money value.
    Actually Vanilla CE's are worth a lot depending on the condition. I'm guessing at 2k @Jaylocks might have seen some wear and tear but I'd need his confirmation.

I imagine he sold his before they skyrocketed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    General Question, why or why not is pre-ordering games a good thing?
    From reputable companies like Blizzard, it's a neutral thing - do it early if you want (especially for some early bonuses), wait if you don't.

From random whatever companies - I wouldn't preorder / prepurchase / early access / and so on because some companies scammed people into paying for a product that later on was cancelled, changed into something else, drastically cut, or was stuck in "alpha" for ages. At least I know Blizzard won't do this so I can safely give them my money.

I prepurchased Legion early, because I wanted to use the lvl 100 boost. Some other products I did quite late like Diablo expansion because I wasn't 100% sure if I want to buy it. Overwatch I never bought, because I'm not interested in shooters. So it depends which Blizzard game and what goodies you get for preorder.

Generally not preordering too early has a slight economical advantage, let's say you have 60$ you can preorder a game now or put those 60$ for 6 months in a bank and then pay for it, you'd get some small benefit out of storing this money (depending on country and bank though), but it's fairly small and most people don't count every cent.

Nothing because I live in the UK.
    Accounting is one of the most fascinating boring things ever. I'd be interested to see how revenue recognition breaks down given they deliver some items to you immediately in a lot of cases.

In a sort of 'no one cares you goddamn nerd' way.

7+ Year Old Account
    yes, i always pre order wow expansions.
    i already know im gonna buy and play it anyway no matter what happens, so why not buy it beforehand?

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    I pre-order what I know I will play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually Vanilla CE's are worth a lot depending on the condition. I'm guessing at 2k @Jaylocks might have seen some wear and tear but I'd need his confirmation.

I imagine he sold his before they skyrocketed.
    Sadly I did sell it right before they skyrocketed and yeah the edges were frayed.

Pre-Ordering is usually a giant scam.
    With most games they're their most buggy, feature-poor, and expensive on release. Unless I KNOW I'm going to be playing it day one, and have a very high degree of confidence in the company I prefer to save my money until I can get it half off with all the DLC and bug fixes. Or if I'm really jonesing for a game wait until it can be reviewed.

Games that are primarily multiplayer I consider for a day one purchase, but even then I'll usually wait for reviews to come in. The only reason I pre-ordered Overwatch was because I got into the beta and realized I really wanted to play it sunup to sundown.

WoW expansions have been an exception since I know for sure that I want to start hitting the content day one. Unless I'm planning an extended WoW break there isn't really any advantage in waiting to purchase it.

Also, there is no substantial advantage to pre-ordering if you're getting it digitally. Pre-orders used to be necessary so retailers could get a minimum of how many copies they would need to ask the publisher for. That's not really a concern these days except in areas where broadband is so piss poor people need to still rely on boxed copies.

As it stands "Pre-Order" is just an expensive way to sign-up to beta test games, and you're in game avatar might get a shiny new shirt out of it.