Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor With a Saber View Post
    Probably, what am i some phone book wizard?

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly!... def not so tired of people complaining about info leaks or that. Nope

Just seriously what is the worse that can happen to you because someone knows who you voted for?
    Are data leaks common for you? Weird. Should maybe look into better security

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Damn emails, killing the paper and courrier industry!

*shakes fist angrily*
    Completely off topic, but, seeing your comment about paper:
    I was in a thrift store this weekend in which they had a couple shelves stocked reams of 8.5x11 paper for $.10. I haven't printed anything in ages, but, I couldn't help buying a ream while laughing about what it represented.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Completely off topic, but, seeing your comment about paper:
    I was in a thrift store this weekend in which they had a couple shelves stocked reams of 8.5x11 paper for $.10. I haven't printed anything in ages, but, I couldn't help buying a ream while laughing about what it represented.
    Eh I still have to send letters.

And work makes me kill about a forest a month, since people refuse to adapt and insist on working off paper sheets. Blah.

10+ Year Old Account
    But surely someone's emails must be worse?!

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Are data leaks common for you? Weird. Should maybe look into better security
    Every month you read about 1 or 2 from years ago that just came out or ones that just happened. People act like its the end of the world and their entire life is now open for everyone because they are just that interesting.

The only ones that actually matter are email, payment info leaks/hacks other wise its not worth a damn and can be found by just googling your name and doing some research.
    Last edited by Raptor With a Saber; 2017-06-19 at 05:23 PM.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

Just seriously what is the worse that can happen to you because someone knows who you voted for?
    There are many reasons why countries use secret vote systems.

If this was made easily available, worse case scenarios some people could lose their jobs or something... There was a doctor in the news a while ago who refused to see a patient she knew had an opposing political stand. All in all, it creates a solid division in society.

And if this knowledge was a regular thing, buying votes would be much more common. Even forcing votes.

Quote Originally Posted by vhatever View Post
    Look at all the lefty media outlets not calling "hacking... uhh "hacking": Strange they couldn't say hacking enough for the last year or so and now the cat's got their tongue.
    Yes, because leaving the data on an unsecured server is hacking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by LMuhlen View Post
    There are many reasons why countries use secret vote systems.

If this was made easily available, worse case scenarios some people could lose their jobs or something... There was a doctor in the news a while ago who refused to see a patient she knew had an opposing political stand. All in all, it creates a solid division in society.

And if this knowledge was a regular thing, buying votes would be much more common. Even forcing votes.
    That is such an extreme that wont ever happen.... That is literally making a mountain out of a mole hill. That is the sorta worrying/thinking that causes massive bans on straws because one kid choked on one. [not something that really happened but you get my example]
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Yes, because leaving the data on an unsecured server is hacking.
    Accessing someone else's information by directly accesses the memory without the owners permission is hacking regardless of the server is encrypted/foirewalled/a password that was actual "password" or none of those things.

And you don't know what unsecured even means in this context without qualification. Don't pretend to know what you are talking about when you clearly do not.

Wow, that is like, every voter in America
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

That's... actually impressive in a way. A fucked up way, but still. Are they competing against Trump administration for the biggest incompetent shit-show of the year?
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2017-06-19 at 06:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

These infos were exposed, not necessarily leaked.

Here's hoping nobody managed to siphon all 1,7 TB of it onto their server.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    It's an issue because of the Russian interference
    citation needed

Deleted
    What kind of bafoon, puts such information on a Server with Internet access and then does not even protect it? Am I reading this right? The only thing that protected that info was people not knowing the address? No Password, No Encryption for the files?

Quote Originally Posted by Kotutha View Post
    What kind of bafoon, puts such information on a Server with Internet access and then does not even protect it? Am I reading this right? The only thing that protected that info was people not knowing the address? No Password, No Encryption for the files?
    Some people most certainly knew the address so nothing protected it. There are regular wide scans by criminals that catch that sort of thing.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    https://www.upguard.com/breaches/the-rnc-files

An RNC data firm called Deep Root Analytics left a massive cache of voter information unsecured on an Amazon server exposed to the internet and accessible by basically anyone with the address.

The data included names, dates of birth, addresses, phone numbers, voter registration details, voting records, from 2008 and 2012, as well as 2016 data from Ohio and Florida. The database also included ethnicity, religion, and other analytics done on Deep Root Analytics' part.

The analytics included ratings of how likely someone was to support a particular policy, with 46 policy categories.

This breach includes almost every single person who is registered to vote in the US.
    This is the single biggest net security fuck-up I've ever seen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kotutha View Post
    Possibly someone who wants it to be found.

That is such an extreme that wont ever happen.... That is literally making a mountain out of a mole hill. That is the sorta worrying/thinking that causes massive bans on straws because one kid choked on one. [not something that really happened but you get my example]
    Well, you asked for the worse that could happen... Also, that's not how literally works.

If they just use it quietly, some people may make some money, some elections may be slightly unfair, some Americans will be played by the media, nothing out of the ordinary. But if someone decides to make it public, it could be pretty bad.

Deleted
    Then You must live in a world of fear knowing that your entire life is as easy to find as opening up a phone book and then entering that name,address,number into google. Dear god just imagine... right now they are all coming for you! TO GIVE YOU FAST FOOD ADS OMG RUN!!!!!
    I entered my full name, street address and phone number into google and got nothing. What the fuck are you guys posting online?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    I entered my full name, street address and phone number into google and got nothing. What the fuck are you guys posting online?
    They got you now.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Unsecured emails? I haven't heard this in politics before ever!