Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviemore View Post
    Which of his opinions do you disagree with?

Be specific.

Because 'Warlords of Draenor', that's why.

How do you know you're going to buy it, if you've not reviewed it in some way? If you buy something blind you're in a lucky position (plenty of disposable income), or you utterly lack discrimination.
    I have this strange feeling you will skip my comment since it will debunk your "NEVER PRE ORDER" comment while linking Boogie's vid.

Boogie himself states that Nintendo is one exception where pre ordering is worth it... or did you skip that part also? Maybe you blacked out for a bit?

But anyways leave the pre ordering to us, we know our games... you need more time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    But why?

Why NOT pre-order if the game and the company are top notch? Especially if you are a fan of the franchise and its another installment in that franchise.
    Why give money over for a product you have not yet received? There is simply no good reason aside from wanting CE physical goods.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    In general, I usually don't pre-order games unless I know I'm going to play them on the release date. Even then, I only buy it 2-3 days ahead of release, not 2-3 months or nowadays, 1-2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    Blizzard has quite literally never disappointed me with any of their releases. I have been playing WoW for over a decade. I will continue to pre-order all of their expansions until they quit making them.
    Why though? Your pre order is not required to get the game day one. Shit, I bet I get my game going faster w/o pre ordering than anyone going to like gamestop for a physical copy. I am trying to understand the WHY, I used to pre order in the days when the store might not actually have enough copies. But whats the point now?
    READ and be less Ignorant.

You shouldn't pre-order, ever. There's simply no reason for it and, ultimately, promotes pretty shitty design and commercial behaviour from those you're pre-ordering from.

Don't do it.
    I do it so I can hear why I shouldn't.

I pre order wow xpac bc I want to use the boost right away
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

You shouldn't pre-order, ever. There's simply no reason for it and, ultimately, promotes pretty shitty design and commercial behaviour from those you're pre-ordering from.

Don't do it.
    It's the other way around, it helps funding games, helps having an idea of the amount of players on release for better server stability, etc.

How in the fuck can pre-ordering promote shitty design? They wont go back to the drawing board to make everything worse. When pro-orders are starting, the design phase is over, it's just production and polish.

This isn't conspiracy land, no one is trying to scam you by taking your money then making a shitty game like many clowns on kickstarter. If you're salty cuz you pre-ordered a game it turned out to be shit, just remember it would have been shit even if you didn't pre-order it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Yeah I'm sure Pre Ordering did that to No Man's Sky? Nothing to do with the dev team in general lying through their teeth right? Oh wait.

Also don't tell me how to spend my money. You are not my accountant. Me spending £27 on preordering N Sane Trilogy for example has not affected anything. Stop pretending it has.

Also shitty design has been a thing since before pre ordering. Daikatana says hello.
    Purchases do not occur in a vacuum. Actions drive the market.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    How in the fuck can pre-ordering promote shitty design?
    Pre-order bonuses exist to the detriment of the consumer.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

This message is hidden because Jaylock is on your ignore list.
    Here is my usual request to MMO mods to have threads created by people on your ignore list to be hidden from the forums entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamer8585 View Post
    Pre-Ordering is usually a giant scam.
    With most games they're their most buggy, feature-poor, and expensive on release. Unless I KNOW I'm going to be playing it day one, and have a very high degree of confidence in the company I prefer to save my money until I can get it half off with all the DLC and bug fixes. Or if I'm really jonesing for a game wait until it can be reviewed.
    Most of the time, they'd still be like that even without preorder though. So it's not really pre-ordering that is to blame for it.

Still, i don't pre-order unless there's some extra benefits i like. Otherwise, there's little reason to do it with digital delivery. Physical goods, on the other hand, are a different story, especially limited editions.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    This isn't conspiracy land, no one is trying to scam you by taking your money then making a shitty game like many clowns on kickstarter. If you're salty cuz you pre-ordered a game it turned out to be shit, just remember it would have been shit even if you didn't pre-order it.
    Remember when Square* tried to run Deus Ex preorders like a kickstarter?

Just me?

Maybe mom was right and vidya games fry yer brain

*fuck my brain did fry sry lol

10+ Year Old Account

Don't do it.
    You're definitely gonna need to qualify that statement.

How does it promote shitty design?

What exactly is commercial behavior? Furthermore how is pre-ordering specifically effecting commercial behavior, vs buying the game upon release?

Pre-Ordering is 100% a benefit to the manufacturer AND to distributors. It allows them to forecast sales and reduce shortages (which benefits consumer, manufacturer, and distributor) but lets not pretend like companies don't know that, as almost all pre-orders have some sort of exclusive/limited benefit/offer. Its a win/win.

Pre-Ordering actually does the complete opposite to development. As it provides cash on hand for financing activities, or future products. Think kickstarter.com.

Or are you one of those who simply hates capitalism? In which case you're a damn hypocrite as it doesn't matter whether you pre-order, or buy it upon release.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    Purchases do not occur in a vacuum. Actions drive the market.

- - - Updated - - -

Pre-order bonuses exist to the detriment of the consumer.
    The detriment?
    Getting more stuff for the same price is a detriment?

Who the fuck are you people? Your life sounds so sad.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    WoW expacs are the only thing I do pre-order. Since I've yet to be disappointed in 12 years.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

How do you know you're going to buy it, if you've not reviewed it in some way? If you buy something blind you're in a lucky position (plenty of disposable income), or you utterly lack discrimination.
    Since the OP is about WoW, I'm sticking to that context. I don't need a review to pre-order any of the expansions. My MMO experience is going to be much different from a reviewer's, a raider's, a boneheaded casual's, etc.
    And if I know I'm going to get it anyway, it's not so much having disposable income but more like I planned for it.

As for other games though? I'm totally with you. I wouldn't touch a pre-order with a ten foot pole 11 times out of 10. When it comes to non-WoW I wait for the GOTY editions.

Yes. Why? Cause I will play it no matter what and won't make a difference when I pay for it. And sometimes you get early access to stuff.
    World of Warcraft that is. I have not nor I ever will pre order any other game
    Last edited by Montanahax; 2017-06-19 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Clarification

I only Pre-Ordered Mist of Pandaria due to the guarantee beta invite, which was stupid since they eventually allowed everyone in. Other than that, I always just bought Blizzard games either on the release day or sometime after.

Outside of Blizzard games, I do Pre-Order a game here or there. And when I do, I am 100% sure that it is worth it, and it never is a disappointment when I do.

I never pre-purchase any game.
    World of Warcraft: Level 60 Blood Elf Holy Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Simple question, do you pre-order your WoW expansions when they are announced?

Or, Have you pre-ordered your WoW expansions in the past? Why?

When every WoW expansion is announced, I make my regular trip to my local gamestop and pre-order the Collector's Edition every time because I know that the Blizzard quality just can't be matched.

The same goes for any other Blizzard title. If a new title is announced, I always go pre-order the collector's edition. Lately I have been pre-ordering 2 collector's editions every expansion because I usually hold on to one for awhile and sell it a few years down the road.

I got 2k for my WoW Vanilla Collector's edition a year ago.

General Question, why or why not is pre-ordering games a good thing? For me, it ensures me that I will be one of the first ones with a copy of the game, also since I get Collector's Editions, i am guaranteed to get one if i do.
    im preordering since its possible to preorder digital version of WoW

reason is simple - i know that im gonna buy it anyway so why not do it straight away and enjoy perks like pet/mount
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2017-06-19 at 05:36 PM.

Been happy with pre ordering blizz games other then legion, even was satisfied with wod as it was released, it was all the follow up things that fell oh so flat. But i never preorder any other companies games.

10+ Year Old Account
    i pre-order wow expansions, because i know im gonna play em

all other games tho i usually never do it
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..