Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    I've been having the same issue too, I'm really not too keen on the direction they've taken the Summoner this expansion. Maybe it gets better as you level up, but at the moment it feels very much like a shell of it's former self. Quite a lot of the more interesting mechanics have been removed in order to better fit in with the Job Gauge which totally destroys most of what I liked about the job. Not being able to use Aetherflow while in Dreadwyrm really removes a lot of the high points of the job imo, and there was really no reason to at all other than to make the Job Gauge look neat while using Dreadwyrm. It seems to me like they've redesigned the jobs mechanics around the Job Gauge, not the other way around and that's disapointing to see.

The focus on Ruin and later on Bahamut has shifted the job to being more of a kind of "Black Mage lite", with situationally powerful direct damage nuke spells at the expense of very unstable sustained damage. That's great for those that want it, but it's not what drew me to the job in the first place.

It's not the heat thats the problem as much as the humidty. Gets to well over 80% on warm days, sometimes it feels like you're stepping into a sauna just going out of the front door .
    I was playing SMN last month of HW and it was fun, found it enjoyable when i did the rotation properly. Also fancy being WAR tank but i dunno if i CBA with ppl moaning on new stuff and wipes..

So I had person blacklist me in my FC (just a random one I joined before I eventually settle on an actual FC I care about) because they said and I quote "WoW! Gladiator is so much fun!" So a preface is this person has a level 30 something already, but are still relatively new to the game as far as I can tell.

You know me, so I look their Gladiator is level 5. So I ask why they think they are fun? I say you have 3 abilities, the same abilities basically every single class has at level 5 lol. She doesn't respond, but someone else in the clan does.

A person who has 60's in EVERY SINGLE CLASS/JOB who then says "You get to tank that's why it's fun". I say technically everyone a tank at level 5 because you're solo tanking the game up until the first piece of group content. This 60 everything person then says and I quote "no not everyone is a tank, not everyone has enmity". So naturally I respond with enmity is irrelevant in solo content, which is what you're doing at level 5, so again enmity and tanking has nothing to do with fun in the context". Then the part that had me laughing is when this person who is 60 everything then says as a tank its your job to soak all the AOE's. Then they blacklisted me LOL.

Quick question about Wondrous tails. Do you get a bonus from each of the 4 rows or do you have to pick just one (I understand each row has a pick one of three columns).

Oh the new PVP isn't bad at all. The changes feel fun and fresh and nicely paced. good work on that. I'm curious if it's a template to try out speeding up future content similarly. I.e. 1 to 1 button combos, slightly faster GCD, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Logie View Post
    I was playing SMN last month of HW and it was fun, found it enjoyable when i did the rotation properly. Also fancy being WAR tank but i dunno if i CBA with ppl moaning on new stuff and wipes..
    Yeah, that can be really annoying. Content is brand new, and they get all salty cos people don't master it immediately first try.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Quick question about Wondrous tails. Do you get a bonus from each of the 4 rows or do you have to pick just one (I understand each row has a pick one of three columns).
    You know what they say: 'You can't Esuna stupid.' (meaning the FC people you were on about)

As for WT, you just get to pick one reward for a given book. The more lines, the more choices.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Yeah, that can be really annoying. Content is brand new, and they get all salty cos people don't master it immediately first try.

- - - Updated - - -

You know what they say: 'You can't Esuna stupid.' (meaning the FC people you were on about)

As for WT, you just get to pick one reward for a given book. The more lines, the more choices.
    You can rescue them into fire though.

10+ Year Old Account
    ooook, its saying my code is invalid? >.>

- - - Updated - - -

nvm, was using wrong section xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    ooook, its saying my code is invalid? >.>

- - - Updated - - -

nvm, was using wrong section xD
    That's what happened to me too. The email said to do it a certain way on a certain site but then I noticed my code had 2 extra digits. "Oh, I get it now!" And here I thought I got screwed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    That's what happened to me too. The email said to do it a certain way on a certain site but then I noticed my code had 2 extra digits. "Oh, I get it now!" And here I thought I got screwed.
    When in doubt, assume PEBKAC

They gave skillspeed on almost every piece of gear for DRG with Tomestone...why are they still doing that ? This is so fucking awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Logie View Post
    I have no objections to being a tank, if anyone gives me grief it's quite literally instant to find another group while they're stuck waiting upwards of 15 minutes. However I pretty much always end up playing a tank class in MMO's and figured I'd try something different with FF14. It was nice to finally have found a spell caster that I enjoyed, however short lived it was.

I'm considering taking a look at the Red Mage (like everyone else, it seems), to see if that's more to my tastes now. Otherwise it's back to trying out new jobs in PotD to settle on one I like again.

I am now angry... >:|

I wanted a fox tailed race. The Lupine have a tail that would have worked. Since they have it, there will now never be a humanoid canine-tailed race. CALAMITY AND WOE, WHY U DO DIS TO ME YOSHIDA!?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post

I wanted a fox tailed race. The Lupine have a tail that would have worked. Since they have it, there will now never be a humanoid canine-tailed race. CALAMITY AND WOE, WHY U DO DIS TO ME YOSHIDA!?
    Just play BLM, get fluffy tail that way :^)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post

They even gave us ears.

Deleted
    are you guys worried about the SAM RDM population once every1 is settled 70s?

The gear from SB have really amazing design imo.

Been waiting in a login que for 40 minutes, a que of ONE player. Save me from this meme hell.

Okay, this gating is getting fucking insulting. I unlock the ability to fly in a SB zone, but then I can't finish exploring it cos 'your mount can fly no higher'. Motherfucker, I flew up into the Sea of fucking Clouds no problems, and you're telling me I can't fly over a goddamn WALL?!? So much fuck you, SE.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Okay, this gating is getting fucking insulting. I unlock the ability to fly in a SB zone, but then I can't finish exploring it cos 'your mount can fly no higher'. Motherfucker, I flew up into the Sea of fucking Clouds no problems, and you're telling me I can't fly over a goddamn WALL?!? So much fuck you, SE.
    That part is for later on in the story. Even if you got there the stuff is level 67 or so. I'm assuming you mean yanxia.

Uuuuugh, I accidentally deleted my e-mail months ago thinking another SE email was my code, I'm going to try to fish through their CS to see if they can resend it but... I may have to resign myself to having to buy a second stormblood digital CE, I see no way to get the e-mail resent from the store

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    Uuuuugh, I accidentally deleted my e-mail months ago thinking another SE email was my code, I'm going to try to fish through their CS to see if they can resend it but... I may have to resign myself to having to buy a second stormblood digital CE, I see no way to get the e-mail resent from the store
    You should be getting a 2nd code tomorrow in your e-mail with your stormblood code. Unless you're specifically talking about your EA code.

Just to clear some things up (as I've been seeing a lot of people asking about this).

You should've gotten a code from whomever you bought from for early access. If you bought from SE, you'd were e-mail a code that you then needed to put on the redeem site to get a second code that you then put into mogstation which flagged your account EA.

You will be getting a second e-mail with a code. This will be your stormblood code.

So most people should NOT have their codes right now. The people who've already registered their codes are likely people who bought physical copies, that were shipped to them early.

Also you can get pre-order items right now if you go to the postal moogle and hit the 'reward delivery request' button.
    Last edited by Kaelwryn; 2017-06-19 at 09:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyndeleron View Post
    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...1c251227757696

Full version (non early access) code should be redeemable at this time

Thus official launch is here or are we still going with its not June 20?
    Tgis is probably for people whose packages arrive early