Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Saving caches for ToS release?

Hey folks,

I've been saving some of my emissary caches for the release of ToS. I know that you can get drops for your legendary upgrade quest per emissary cache once ToS comes out but I've not seen any information as to whether it might be retroactive or not.

Has anything been confirmed?

No official confirmation, but I seem to recall as per a previous thread I actually went on wowhead and found that both emissary and paragon rewards have new chests, ones with new id's introduced with 7.2.5.
    Therefore hoarding isn't I think meant to work, as I would assume prior to the patch you only get the old reward, and the new one is given afterwards - maybe even only after the opening of ToS.

If you have the space, go ahead.
    But I expect it not to work.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-06-19 at 02:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

No, nothing is confirmed. On the PTR the emissary caches item id did not differ from the live version (and currently it still uses the same), but there is no guarantee this won't change once ToS launches next week.
    But since there is no drawback in saving up the caches just do it.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    No official confirmation, but I seem to recall as per a previous thread I actually went on wowhead and found that both emissary and paragon rewards have new chests, ones with new id's introduced with 7.2.5.
    Therefore hoarding isn't I think meant to work, as I would assume prior to the patch you only get the old reward, and the new one is given afterwards - maybe even only after the opening of ToS.

They also said you wouldn't get new legendaries from the chests you gained before 7.2.5 released. They did, Blizzard fucked it up, so people will save this time too - zero loss not to.

If you have the space to save them,go ahead,you don't lose anything even if it doesn't work

10+ Year Old Account
    Worst case: Nothing changes from opening them now.
    Best case: You can get legendary upgrade items, or even a legendary already procced at 970.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    Hey folks,

I've been saving some of my emissary caches for the release of ToS. I know that you can get drops for your legendary upgrade quest per emissary cache once ToS comes out but I've not seen any information as to whether it might be retroactive or not.

Has anything been confirmed?
    It's free to try, nothing to lose.

You can save the three emissary quests to do after reset, but pretty sure the caches will only contain items on the previous loot table

Not sure about emissary caches, but i've been saving my Legionfall War Supplies /1000 to turn in for the caches tomorrow, as those have been a pretty good source of legendaries for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snackpack View Post
    Not sure about emissary caches, but i've been saving my Legionfall War Supplies /1000 to turn in for the caches tomorrow, as those have been a pretty good source of legendaries for me.
    I got one of the new legendaries doing that last week. Had 800 supplies and got my BiS.

Quote Originally Posted by Snackpack View Post
    Thats a good idea actually, I should farm a few of these to be ready I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post

this, it was the same the last major content patch when Blizz stated publicly that all the new caches would be different and that saving them would only reward what that box was already able to contain.

Already got both new legendaries from old chests, so this should also be possible.
    Saved a lot of them before the patch and found 10 more on my bank on the weekend (woops). So also nothing was hotfixed or whatever rumors go around.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    They also said you wouldn't get new legendaries from the chests you gained before 7.2.5 released. They did, Blizzard fucked it up, so people will save this time too - zero loss not to.
    They have never said this.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    They have never said this.
    It was either a tweet or in the Q&A prior to 7.2.5's release, but they did. I'm sure if you care enough you'll find it. Or just google and see everyone else also saying the same thing. They even added new IDs for the caches, they just didn't get put to live.

This time there are all new items.
    That hasn't consistently been the case looking back.
    Can't recall which times it was or wasn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Well it worked last week, so yeh i'm saving some for this week hoping that legionfall recompense and rep chests will also have withered essence drops in them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Source? There was another thread about this but nobody actually had any proof.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Source? There was another thread about this but nobody actually had any proof.
    https://eu.battle.net/forums/de/wow/...page=2#post-39 was the closest I was able to find.

Someone roughly translated it.

"How about the new legendary items? Can they be in the (old) caches?
    Last time it worked even tho everyone said it wouldnt."

Blue response:
    "No they cant be in there."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    https://eu.battle.net/forums/de/wow/...page=2#post-39 was the closest I was able to find.

Someone roughly translated it.

"How about the new legendary items? Can they be in the (old) caches?
    Last time it worked even tho everyone said it wouldnt."

Blue response:
    "No they cant be in there."
    I'm hard pressed to believe a forum moderator when people clearly earned the new legendaries from saved caches in both 7.1.5 and 7.2.5. Blizzard wants to communicate this so people don't hoard caches but it's never worked that way.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222