Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Damn emails, killing the paper and courrier industry!

*shakes fist angrily*
    Look what it's already done to the Pony Express and Telegraphs!

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Waiting for the conservative outrage over actual info that was stolen.

One day.
    Waiting for the Liberal outrage over anything actually worthwhile.

One day.

With all the social media out there, they could find out just as much just by googling you and checking out your Fb/twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Waiting for the Liberal outrage over anything actually worthwhile.

One day.
    -Trump embarrassing us on the international stage? Foreign leaders are activily making fun of us because of Trump
    -Trump lying, lying and lying so more.
    -GOP diliberaly lying whats in their own "trumpcare" bill, and then after complaining about how the ACA was pushed through (which is debunked rhetoric) won't disclose what the senate version of "trumpcare" is till its time to vote...
    -Trump's (currently investigation) of obstruction of justice
    -Numerous of Trump's underlings under investigation for collusion with Russia
    -Trump using the office of the president to pimp his businesses and personal gain of his family.

ANYONE OF THESE things would have 7 consecutive congressional hearings if the person had a (d) next to their name. But do tell me which of these aren't "worthwhile"

but her emails
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-06-19 at 07:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    "Unsecured" - LOL who the fuck do these people hire to do their IT security. What a fucking clown show, on both sides of the fence.
    Hmm, unsecured server, IT fuck up. Isn't this where we yell LOCK HER UP?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

So is this why the RNC is so adamant that they weren't hacked to the point that they were bragging about it? Because they were just leaving all the information publicly available without any "hacking" necessary? : P

Holy shit though, what a truly impressive, incredible, and scary fuckup.

What exactly is covered by "voter registration details?"

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor With a Saber View Post
    That is such an extreme that wont ever happen.... That is literally making a mountain out of a mole hill. That is the sorta worrying/thinking that causes massive bans on straws because one kid choked on one. [not something that really happened but you get my example]
    Well, considering that we already have employers who threatened to fire any employees who didn't vote for Trump this past election, I really don't see how this is abstract at all.

With info out like this, how much longer before the Hobby Lobby's of the world actually pay a Data service for info on employees both prior to employment and on existing employees to ensure they get only those who agree with their political/economic interests?

I'm old enough to remember when it was a joke to think that the President of the United States would openly lie to the American people. Sure, politics here and there, but bald-faced lie? No.

With data saturation and the mining of deep data and the proliferation of both analytics firms and big data firms (not the same thing), we're going to see that data used. The service businesses that deal with that data are in business and being pretty successful for a reason.

Just because you don't see or give credence to the inevitable applications that will arise doesn't mean they aren't real and won't broaden in scope and application significantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    With all the social media out there, they could find out just as much just by googling you and checking out your Fb/twitter.
    really because i just checked and i got nothing but an old phone number and have to pay 29.99 to get an address that appears to be in another state.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    really because i just checked and i got nothing but an old phone number and have to pay 29.99 to get an address that appears to be in another state.
    post proof or you just blowing smoke

Quote Originally Posted by vhatever View Post
    Accessing someone else's information by directly accesses the memory without the owners permission is hacking regardless of the server is encrypted/foirewalled/a password that was actual "password" or none of those things.

And you don't know what unsecured even means in this context without qualification. Don't pretend to know what you are talking about when you clearly do not.
    According to the article, any schmuck with internet could just go to the Amazon bucket and see it. That's what unsecured means in this context.

And as always, I am amazed by how you guys manage to find your analytical skills when it suits your purposes yet continue to act stupid about basically everything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Deleted
    Knowledge is power. If you know peoples feelings and angers, you can easily exploit them.

See Donald Trump with muslims and mexicans.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackeyser View Post
    Well, considering that we already have employers who threatened to fire any employees who didn't vote for Trump this past election, I really don't see how this is abstract at all.

With info out like this, how much longer before the Hobby Lobby's of the world actually pay a Data service for info on employees both prior to employment and on existing employees to ensure they get only those who agree with their political/economic interests?

I'm old enough to remember when it was a joke to think that the President of the United States would openly lie to the American people. Sure, politics here and there, but bald-faced lie? No.

With data saturation and the mining of deep data and the proliferation of both analytics firms and big data firms (not the same thing), we're going to see that data used. The service businesses that deal with that data are in business and being pretty successful for a reason.

Just because you don't see or give credence to the inevitable applications that will arise doesn't mean they aren't real and won't broaden in scope and application significantly.
    I call bullshit.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Once again the RNC ignorance and ego fucks the country.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    but her emails
    lock em' up?

Quote Originally Posted by rayden54 View Post
    What exactly is covered by "voter registration details?"
    Party affiliation and where you live and shit. This is all public record already, unless there's something more in these leaks that they're not saying.

If I know your name and what state you live in I can tell you what your voter affiliation is. It's public record. As far as I know it always has been.

Quote Originally Posted by wtfzerg View Post
    Party affiliation and where you live and shit. This is all public record already, unless there's something more in these leaks that they're not saying.

If I know your name and what state you live in I can tell you what your voter affiliation is. It's public record. As far as I know it always has been.
    How you've voted. Your likely stances on a host of issues. Date of birth. There's a ton of additional data that's in there, in addition to it being a repository for a lot of potentially already public information (as you noted), but the significant bit is that all the legwork and much of the analysis has been done on it. It's of immense value.

This is a pretty historic lapse in data security.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    How you've voted. Your likely stances on a host of issues. Date of birth. There's a ton of additional data that's in there, in addition to it being a repository for a lot of potentially already public information (as you noted), but the significant bit is that all the legwork and much of the analysis has been done on it. It's of immense value.

This is a pretty historic lapse in data security.
    I would need to proof of it having how people voted because there is zero way to harvest that information without standing over voters in polling booths. DOB is public record.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    So can we make the modest request of having a government issued ID when people vote? Are there any other western nations that allow people to vote by simply showing a paper copy of a utility bill that can be manufactured in 2 minutes on MS Word?
    GOP has blocked numerous bills to pay for it. The "voter id" law was never about "a free id for voting" it was all the other things get tacked on to the bill, the very things that often get blocked by the court for discriminatory reasons.