Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Rip gloves. Good that I never got them so I can't be too angry .. right? : (

Don't worry guys, blizzard will probably remove the 3% buff and tell us we are overpowered and didn't know it.

- - - Updated - - -

Remember the shaman lore of the doomhammer who ever weilds it can bring prosperity or destruction. Well I guess blizzard wields the Nerf hammer for evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    The only hope here is that they get the message and compensate accordingly.

I mean i am lucky enough to get those gloves, but they're pretty much the most disruptive Legendary for Elemental.

Constantly "preparing" for a possible Ascendance after using FS / ES is just annoying.

This legendary is just badly designed, ignoring the fact that it's the only item that makes Elemental decent in ST currently.
    Gloves have been nerfed by 50% as of today's hotfixes.

Compensated by 3% overall damage buff.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post
    Compensated by 3% overall damage buff.
    "compensated" lul

Quote Originally Posted by frychikn View Post
    I'm curious, everybody seems to hate this class(including me, im pretty sure im rerolling to a class with 3 dps specs), why exactly do you stay with the class?
    I like the visuals and the rotation.
    I like being able to heal.
    I like having the option to go melee DPS if I want.

Quote Originally Posted by mkultra55 View Post
    I like the visuals and the rotation.
    I like being able to heal.
    I like having the option to go melee DPS if I want.
    I love those things too. I truly wish I could stand playing my shaman, because the visuals really are the best in the game. It doesn't make up for all the cons though, which is a damn shame.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious, everybody seems to hate this class(including me, im pretty sure im rerolling to a class with 3 dps specs), why exactly do you stay with the class?
    It's just really well designed. Great lore, great visuals, fun class to play all around honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    It's just really well designed. Great lore, great visuals, fun class to play all around honestly.
    Agreed, I really loved shaman at the beginning of wow when they had a buff role they filled.

Does it feel like shaman will never be "needed" for progression though? From what I've seen it seems like shaman just aren't used for progression, does that bother you at all? Do you think it's inherit to how the class is designed, or is it just blizzard playing favorites?

Deleted
    Gloves remain BiS even after this nerf, especially with the gamble Aftershock build (like 3x more RNG added to the spec compared to pre patch). Also, gloves nerf are a 60k DPS decrease, the 3% overall buff doesnt even account for 30k DPS. Just to throw out some numbers from the Earthshrine discord.

Except for a few people who couldnt manage to kill mythic Guldan now after 6 months I didnt meet anyone who likes current Elemental design. But whatever, T20 will be a tier for my alts - no point in gearing up the worst DPS spec in this game.
    Last edited by mmoc59b5827c7e; 2017-06-17 at 08:23 AM.

I love the class. Come on, lava, lightnings, earthquakes - how awesome is that? The sad thing is that all of those amazing skills don't really do much. But the no-animation Earth Shock is our hardest hitting ability. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Unidus View Post
    No. Run a sim before posting next time. They are pretty much a 4% overall DPS increase over an equal item level t19 set(920vs920). So basically equal if not slightly better than we had in NH pre nerf.
    in a single target fight!!!! they do nothing for me in M+ so yeh I stand by what I post

10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed, I really loved shaman at the beginning of wow when they had a buff role they filled.

Does it feel like shaman will never be "needed" for progression though? From what I've seen it seems like shaman just aren't used for progression, does that bother you at all? Do you think it's inherit to how the class is designed, or is it just blizzard playing favorites?
    If I feel like doing progression I go Resto....I guess that is the only downside to playing DPS on a Sham. Resto is still fun though.

i started exp as enha then they nerfed enhancment went elemental for nighthold but after few weeks switched to resto as we needed healer. Now i find myself doing dps more again so tried enhancment in 7.2.5 (with kiljadiens fury and prydaz or helm legendaries) and 885 ursocs trinket with crit/mast gear i did way more dps than my elemental with better gear.
    YOU can feel earthsock buff but only when it crits but ordinary skills are so weak. my one of biggest problem is Power of the maelstrom trait - this rng is just awful when it doesnt proc and u have stormkeeper ready. stormkeper + power of mailstrom + lightning rod + lucky crits you can do wonders but if that doesnt line up you lose such a much dps and thats is out of your control. I often had when PoM didnt proc even while i was using ascendance. They need to add when u use stormkeeper PoM also activates.
    Its just sad that with leser gear i as enha without good relics i can do 200+ more dps than in ele

I got the gloves last week and its really fun. On the target dummy I'm hitting 700 to 1m dps (@908 ilvl), though I just hit 1m once and that was the first time I ever beat my sim (960k). This is with Aftershock.

On average I'm hitting the same numbers with Enhance @905, but the problem is Enhance won't have the dps drop offs due to movement like Elemental does, so I may go with that for many fights in ToS.

I don't think the 3% is enough; we're more than 3% worse than the next worse class on damage to bosses, and that spec is getting buffed. The problem with the straight buffs is we need tuning; our AOE needs to stay put (or go down a percent or two) and Elemental Blast, Earth Shock, Lava Burst, and Lightning Bolt need 6%. This isn't asking for the world, it would put is mid pack.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    But whatever, T20 will be a tier for my alts - no point in gearing up the worst DPS spec in this game.
    Yeah man, its not looking so hot.

Get those Mage alts ready!

Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    Yeah man, its not looking so hot.

Get those Mage alts ready!
    isn't that the way to play elemental for the last 2 xpacs now since MoP? just give up and play a fucking mage lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    isn't that the way to play elemental for the last 2 xpacs now since MoP? just give up and play a fucking mage lol.
    Pretty much...we were badass in ToT progression but then passed up by mages again in SoO lol.

I stuck with Ele through NH as my main, but there are just far too many question marks going into a raid with mostly single target fights.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Somebody said why not reroll. Dude I fucking love to be the lord of elements. Its so fucking sad we are that weak and that has been always like that. They should bring LB cast while moving again. Boost dmg in flame shock dot and lvb. Id also see a change to ascendacy look, its so fucking terrible from the beginning of cata. Btw I dont want to play my hunter because my guild does not want my ele shaman. No other guilds want that, they wont give you loot, you aint priority for anybody. It is really sad. Fuck Blizzard!

10+ Year Old Account
    I won't be re-rolling, but instead switching to enhancement for this patch. Enhance feels really good right now and has top tier single target DPS.
    HEROES NEVER DIE

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfat View Post
    I won't be re-rolling, but instead switching to enhancement for this patch. Enhance feels really good right now and has top tier single target DPS.
    Not really top tier on Goroth: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/13#boss=2032
    Or on Sisters: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/13#boss=2050

On a few fights (the AoE ones) it is far behind Elemental. Enh is nowhere now... mediocre at ST and pretty bad on AoE fights.