Capcom died with mega man imo

Battle network 4 was my shit
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Gremlin View Post
    What Capcom needs to do is to get rid of their brand and create a completely new one. The era of Capcom is long gone and at this rate I don't think we'll ever see a proper return.

This is one of those cases where only rebranding your company can save you.
    The problem is capcom doesn't need saving.

They're getting along just fine with CoDing up MH, rereleasing RE4 every few years and doing a pretty good job of getting Twitch and Sony to hand them free money to run the Capcom Pro Tour.

Capcom is mismanaging their company but it doesn't matter because they're still successful, which is bad.

so late 2018 early 2019 is almost 2 years post switch release.

when was the gameboy sp released? 2 years after gba

when was the ds lite released? 2 years after ds

when was the 3ds xl and 2ds released? 1 and 2 years after the 3ds

so if all of this happens according to plan the new pokemon games will be released right at or very very close to the next version of the switch, either a switch micro, or a switch lite or a switch xl (pls no)

makes perfect sense to release a pokemon game right when a cheaper version of your system thats more handheld friendly is being released and by then the 3ds will be deader than dead

- - - Updated - - -

wait a damn minute. x and y released the same day as the 2ds.

this was planned from the fucking beginning wasnt it
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    so late 2018 early 2019 is almost 2 years post switch release.

when was the gameboy sp released? 2 years after gba

when was the ds lite released? 2 years after ds

when was the 3ds xl and 2ds released? 1 and 2 years after the 3ds

so if all of this happens according to plan the new pokemon games will be released right at or very very close to the next version of the switch, either a switch micro, or a switch lite or a switch xl (pls no)

makes perfect sense to release a pokemon game right when a cheaper version of your system thats more handheld friendly is being released and by then the 3ds will be deader than dead

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, much illuminati

I hope their isn't a "Switch Pro/XL" for a while though if at all, because if it has say, a Tegra X2 and even 6 gb ram it will bhe able to run far more multiplats and if Nintendo wanted them they would basically have to say "fuck you" to current Switch owners.

Don't know if the tech is there for a Switch mini yet.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Wii online services were killed 9 days before Mario Kart 8's release.

No more MK6 online (MK7 was 3DS)
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    You didn't really answer his question.

MHW is a mainline game and the future of the franchise according to capcom. It's a waste of time to port XX, when the 3DS version is going to outsell the Switch version 4:1 probably in Japan.

Those resources would be better spent porting MHW to the Switch, which actually would be the top selling version of it in Japan probably.

The answer to the question is Capcom is stupid and has been mismanaging their company for a long ass time now.
    Do you think the Switch can handle that port?

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Do you think the Switch can handle that port?
    I saw the trailer.

Looked like a PS3 game.

So yea?

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw the trailer.

Looked like a PS3 game.

So yea?
    Really? A ps3 game? They said they out it on ps4/xone because they wanted to push the system. Targets 30fps.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay So I watched some more. Seems better than a ps3 game but not quite ps4. So exactly what I would expect from something like a Switch.

Really? A ps3 game? They said they out it on ps4/xone because they wanted to push the system. Targets 30fps.
    i dont think a company that has been making ps2 era games for over a decade now by going handheld would even know how to do such a thing
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

https://twitter.com/nintendo/status/876713242315243520

14 minute Japanese only Direct mainly focused on the 3DS version of Dragon Quest XI at 8 pm Japan Time on June 21st.

That mainly focused means we'll probably get something about the Switch version. Probably a small trailer.

Seems better than a ps3 game but not quite ps4.
    Nah m8.

Compared to high end ps3 games like Uncharted 3, God of War Ascension of Beyond 2 Souls it's graphics are actually laughable. It looks like a slightly below average 3rd party ps3 game fidelity wise.

That's a big jump for Monster Hunter considering it went from PS2 to PSP to 3DS... but it's a very dated looking game still that should be able to run easily on the Switch if they wanted it to.

http://en-americas-support.nintendo....change-history

System update 3.0:

Register a channel to receive News for specific games
    *To register, head to News > Find Channels
    Add friends from your Nintendo 3DS and Wii U Friend Lists
    *To add friends, head to your My Page on the top left of the Home Menu > Friend Suggestions
    Receive notifications when your Friends go online
    *To turn this ON/OFF, head to System Settings > Notifications > Friend Notifications
    Find paired controllers within communication range by activating the vibration feature
    *To search, head to Controllers > Find Controllers
    Change the user icon order on the Home Menu
    * To change order, head to System Settings > Users > Change Order
    Select from 6 new Splatoon 2 characters for user icon
    *To edit your user icon, head to your My Page on the top left of the Home Menu > Profile
    Change the system volume from the Quick Settings
    *To access Quick Settings, hold down the HOME Button
    Lower the maximum volume for headphone or speakers connected to the audio jack
    *To lower the max headphone volume, head to System Settings > System > Lower Max Headphone Volume
    * This settings will be ON when Parental Controls are enabled
    Change display colors to Invert Colors or Grayscale
    *To use this feature, head to System Settings > System > Change Display Colors
    Connect a USB keyboard to the dock to type whenever the keyboard is on the screen
    Use the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller via wired communication by connecting the USB charging cable
    * To enable, head to System Settings > Controllers and Sensors > Pro Controller Wired Communication
    *The NFC touchpoint on the Pro Controller will be disabled while the controller is using wired communication.
    Update connected controllers
    To update, head to System Settings > Controllers and Sensors > Update Controllers
    Added a feature that suggests deletion of software data when insufficient space when downloading other software
    User save data is not deleted

General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience, including:

Resolved an issue that caused game software updates to fail and prevented the software from starting
    Improvements to prevent unintended HDMI input change with certain TVs while the console is docked in Sleep Mode

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/876955956436971520

Expect Nintendo Switch shortages to continue through the rest of the year.

Production is still capped right now due to component shortages.

10+ Year Old Account
    And in come the people saying Nintendo is being cheap.

I'll buy the Nintendo Switch when Mother 3 gets released. Mario Odyssey might tempt me before this happens though. The new metroid looks interesting also.

Not much talk here about Mother 3 (Earthbound 2). Did a google search, came up with chatter about favorite characters / villains ... nothing about upcoming games .. hmm.

Nintendo announcing all kinds of stuff. Then again, I'm still waiting for Earthbound 64.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    The new metroid looks interesting also.
    Ya, that logo looked real interesting.

Then again, I'm still waiting for Earthbound 64.
    Which is what Mother 3 became.

Which is what Mother 3 became.
    That is what they want you to believe. Beta footage says "no."

I'll buy the Nintendo Switch when Mother 3 gets released. Mario Odyssey might tempt me before this happens though. The new metroid looks interesting also.

Not much talk here about Mother 3 (Earthbound 2). Did a google search, came up with chatter about favorite characters / villains ... nothing about upcoming games .. hmm.

Nintendo announcing all kinds of stuff. Then again, I'm still waiting for Earthbound 64.
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ni.../1100-6446941/

Reggie on Metroid and Mother 3 after the January Switch presentation: "...talk to me in a year and let's look back and see what's happened."

We got two Metroid announcements last week.

I suspect we have a Virtual Console/Nindies/Splatoon 2 Direct coming next month.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ni.../1100-6446941/

Reggie on Metroid and Mother 3 after the January Switch presentation: "...talk to me in a year and let's look back and see what's happened."

We got two Metroid announcements last week.

I suspect we have a Virtual Console/Nindies/Splatoon 2 Direct coming next month.
    Aye, I'm just afraid Nintendo is going to brush off (yet again) a huge fanbase and leave it once more for bootleggers to satisfy fans needs. Or come in after-the-fact with a direct download after bootlegged physical media is already available. Deja Vu.

Their hearts don't seem to be with Mother, unless you live in Japan.

Then there was that poor fellow named Goemon ...
    Last edited by Vineri; 2017-06-20 at 04:05 AM.

That is what they want you to believe. Beta footage says "no."
    No, that's what happened.

Mother 3 on the N64 was stuck in development hell, never close to finished so he made the same game on a much lower budget for the GBA years later.

Earthbound 64 = Mother 3. The creator of the game literally says this.

No, that's what happened.

Mother 3 on the N64 was stuck in development hell, never close to finished so he made the same game on a much lower budget for the GBA years later.

Earthbound 64 = Mother 3. The creator of the game literally says this.

It's possible the concept was there. The presentation was very different, however. My bet is stuff changed /wink.