Page 1 of 2
LastLast

If you had to try a new class, what would it be?

Like it says, if you were to make a new alt - and it would become your main, do you know what you would choose?

I am just interested in hearing what other people would say, I am coming back to the game after quitting before MoP and I see my beloved hunter class has changed so much, I want to try something completely new. I got a DH to 110 and ... it ain't for me, and I got a ret pally to 110 and its alright, but I think I need to get some ranged on again.

I was considering shammy or giving the hunter a chance again.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    If i had to reroll from rogue, i would go warlock for sure.

Top tier damage, and its a fairly underplayed class.

At this point I've played almost all of them. Maybe hunter? That's one I dabbled with but had a lot of fun. Plus the artifact bow + quiver look awesome.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

I have all my classes to 110 at 850 ilvl, and all artifacts gained and all have the "concordance ring" filled.

If I were to pick a new main it would either be the demon hunter or a boomkin. I kind of enjoy demon hunter tanking and their dps animations are flashy as fuck (I play Ret as a main, so I love flashy shit). As for boomkin... well, dropping moons never gets old.

Deleted
    If you enjoyed the old Hunter, I heard that Elemental Shaman plays a bit similiarly, so you might want to give it a go.

If I was to switch to a different class, it would probably be a Warlock. I just think that their every spec is fairly enjoyable to play, they are ranged, have some nice utility, and I generally like the idea of "being" a Warlock, by which I mean the animations of the spells and the class fantasy. The class just seems pleasing - both gameplay wise, lore wise and aesthetically.

7+ Year Old Account
    There's only one class I haven't played thoroughly so the choice would be easy : Demon Hunter.

Playing druid

Would choose either shaman or monk. I do enjoy elemental the most however I would have to go with the monk because I enjoy every spec of the monk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brostro View Post
    Like it says, if you were to make a new alt - and it would become your main, do you know what you would choose?

I am just interested in hearing what other people would say, I am coming back to the game after quitting before MoP and I see my beloved hunter class has changed so much, I want to try something completely new. I got a DH to 110 and ... it ain't for me, and I got a ret pally to 110 and its alright, but I think I need to get some ranged on again.

I was considering shammy or giving the hunter a chance again.
    Well considering that I have.... 5 Paladins (current main), 5 Warriors, 5 Hunters, 4 Druids, 3 Shamys, 2 Dk's, 2 DH's, 2 Prests, 2 Mages, 2 Rogues, 2 warlocks, and 2 monks all at least level 100, I'm already fairly well versed, but If I wanted to call something other then pally main it would probably be warrior or hunter.

If I had to switch from my hunter, I would likely main a warlock. My current order goes:
    1. Hunter (BM)
    2. Warlock (affliction)
    3. DH (both specs)
    4. Rogue (assassination)
    Places 3-4 switch places from time to time, but generally DH pulls ahead due to excellent solo ability. Affliction lock is great for dot style gameplay I very much enjoy. But current favorite is the BM hunter due to unlimited mobility, decent utility, excellent solo and versatility of the spec. I do not view a simpler rotation as a huge negative point.

Deleted
    No room on server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Priest or Shaman. Love my Mage but as I get longer in the tooth I find being pidgeonholed in one role a bit of a drag.

10+ Year Old Account
    Played them all, so now I stick to hybrids (heal/DPS/Tank) classes...
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Already have all classes at 110, I mained a Paladin from vanilla until the end of cataclysm but hated the holy power system so much after cata I had to drop it like a sack of potatoes. Haven't had a "main" ever since.

Main a Warlock. Alt is a Priest. Shadow and Disc are both very fun.

I have mained warlock since vanilla, but in wrath i frost dk tanked, i loved the idea and how it played, the dual weilding was cool, if i had to change i would prob do that, either that or hunter, maybe Bm because i did played hunter for vanilla until i found the amazingness of the warlock (i was 8 so once i actually became social on the game and saw other players including the warlock i fell inlove)

Playing warrior now.
    I'd probably go back to my trusty mage but if it had to be something I've never had as a main, I'd take monk or paladin

Deleted
    feral tank
    Will never be able to again.. sad face

MM hunter has been my main since Wrath,if I had to change it would either be Frost mage or Elemental shaman.

Have one of each, 5 at 110, rest at 100, working my way towards all at 110. Currently maining mage, from Ulduar back I mained paladin as a healer.

Mage is a solid choice, I am really enjoying fire play atm. However if you are someone who will raid and wants to be "top dog" mage is not the ranged to use in current game, for that go warlock. Warlock offers differing play styles for each spec, good chance you will find one that suits you. Other ranged to look at would be moonkin they drop moons on shit